Chapter - Tower of God Chapter 559 Spoilers & Discussion | Page 5 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter Tower of God Chapter 559 Spoilers & Discussion

Jubei_Kibagami

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Anywho, the chapter trans seems to suggest there is more than just a passing similarity between SS and SC.

Androssi pretty much confirms SC can upgrade snakes (and/or spin off snake bodies in doing so), so....

The biggest shock is that it doesn't recognize her. Something happened with SC that wiped his decision-making abilities or this SS is simply a SC product of itself (akin to an asexual clone).
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

There isn't one. Baam speaks in these chapters about wanting to puzzle out how to draw that power at will, rather than needing some emotional stimulus. He said nothing about it having somehow disappeared.
That's good in that case. It seems the consensus previously was that was some one-off fight he wouldnt't be able to access any time soon again.

Although that could just be a relic of early clunky trans.

Reactions: Wha

DeadCosmos

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
OK, so it's NOT snake charmer. I won't laugh at you guys, I wasn't 100% sure either.

Cinera

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
I don't think anyone's having trouble with conceptualizing the power-leveling. It's more about whether it makes sense to cap Baam backwards.

WHAT is the reason given Baam can't access his full potential now? Given, say, the same duress as when he fought White.
The emotional duress White put him under was exceptional (killed him, killed Aria in front of him, ate his friends souls, etc.) and not something that happens every fight.

Baam can't access it on the regular.

Demonspeed

Runaway Kotarou
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
So the Snake Charmer himself is an hybrid? A Human and a Snake-like race I guess.

Cutie? Koyeop's nickname?

Anywho, the chapter trans seems to suggest there is more than just a passing similarity between SS and SC.

Androssi pretty much confirms SC can upgrade snakes (and/or spin off snake bodies in doing so), so....

The biggest shock is that it doesn't recognize her. Something happened with SC that wiped his decision-making abilities or this SS is simply a SC product of itself (akin to an asexual clone).

That's good in that case. It seems the consensus previously was that was some one-off fight he wouldnt't be able to access any time soon again.

Although that could just be a relic of early clunky trans.
I don't think it's a clone or anything. It looks like the Sea Snake was Human, then ate a snake and turned into this. Or maybe it was never Human and was a Shinheuh who became something stronger after eating one of the Snake Charmer's snakes.

Aliblack

Reaction score
Country
Iran
I knew the snake dude had a thing for Laura because it was said that he opened his eyes to forbidden emotions.

Last edited:

Demonspeed

Runaway Kotarou
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I knew the snake dude had a thing for Laura because it was told that he opened his eyes to forbidden emotions.
Nice catch. Which means then it isn't even part Human then.

Jubei_Kibagami

Reaction score
Country
United States
So the Snake Charmer himself is an hybrid? A Human and a Snake-like race I guess.

Cutie? Koyeop's nickname?

I don't think it's a clone or anything. It looks like the Sea Snake was Human, then ate a snake and turned into this. Or maybe it was never Human and was a Shinheuh who became something stronger after eating one of the Snake Charmer's snakes.
The thing is Androssi is referencing an ability of Snake CHARMER here:

Baam: "Snake Charmer?"

Androssi: "Yeah, that's what he's called. There's a saying if you eat an elder snake you can absorb the snake's powers. The Snake Charmer was half a snake, so it could have fed a part of its own body, and have raised a strong snake like that. And that's how he'd only pick the best one out of all of the snakes he raised and kill the rest."

Androssi sees SS and immediately goes into a diatribe with Baam (once rescued) about... Snake Charmer. That's not by accident, SIU is showing us they are related in the more ways than a casual appearance.

She is pointedly talking/speculating about a transformative act that Snake Charmer itself could have done - on itself - to end up like that.

Or, as I said last chapter discussion - he could have raised other sneks and upgraded. His name is CHARMER after all. I even drew a comparison to other animal charmers - such as Pied Piper - prompting if they are stuck with current charmed animals (rats in his case) or can they upgrade to other, stronger animals?

This is exactly what Androssi is speaking of here.

Vali x lucifer

Reaction score
Country
Italy
OK, but it seems like there's two things going on.

1. his ceiling is lowered (not explained how - just that it won't happen again any time soon? BS)
2. his base is increased (OK, fair, particularly with experience, souls from White, and Levi - but I'd argue those push open the doors of his ceiling even more).

I get you're happy about 2. happening, that's great and all, but I can't get past 1. Particularly when there's no need for it - or explanation (currently) that's reasonable. There's 'logic' that his max would be easier to attain once he's done it once, and especially after he gains hax powers. Not to have it lowered, so SIU can nerf Baam to the point that it's kind of difficult to have battles he should be breezing through - like Ren or whovever.
I think it's fair to say that Baam needs to "activate" the Sun for him to reach his op state and that's something he doesn't want to do. Afterall White had to 1 taunt him with Arkraptor and Prince and 2 basically kill him, for him to go berserk. Maybe he will activate It more easily now but still it's something really rare for him to do. Like Siu Is probably just saying, "guys don't expect Baam to go all out against someone like Ren"

Jubei_Kibagami

Reaction score
Country
United States
I think it's fair to say that Baam needs to "activate" the Sun for him to reach his op state and that's something he doesn't want to do. Afterall White had to 1 taunt him with Arkraptor and Prince and 2 basically kill him, for him to go berserk. Maybe he will activate It more easily now but still it's something really rare for him to do. Like Siu Is probably just saying, "guys don't expect Baam to go all out against someone like Ren"
Fair enough. But I don't know a reader that wants to see less of the 'sun' thingy from Baam, and yet here we potentially are.

sazon

Reaction score
Country
Brazil

Androssi: "Yeah, that's what he's called. There's a saying if you eat an elder snake you can absorb the snake's powers. The Snake Charmer was half a snake, so it could have fed a part of its own body, and have raised a strong snake like that. And that's how he'd only pick the best one out of all of the snakes he raised and kill the rest."

Androssi sees SS and immediately goes into a diatribe with Baam (once rescued) about... Snake Charmer. That's not by accident, SIU is showing us they are related in the more ways than a casual appearance.

She is pointedly talking/speculating about a transformative act that Snake Charmer itself could have done - on itself - to end up like that.

Or, as I said last chapter discussion - he could have raised other sneks and upgraded. His name is CHARMER after all. I even drew a comparison to other animal charmers - such as Pied Piper - prompting if they are stuck with current charmed animals (rats in his case) or can they upgrade to other, stronger animals?

It could be something done by Yorari too, it could be a natural SC ability, but maybe it's something possible for other snake-type shinheuh.

It could be a gift from Zahard to the King, the SC always gave me the impression of belonging to the Zahard family and selecting princesses by the tower giving them to the 10 families.

It could be an LPB experiment based on the concept of SC existence

Or simply, the SC originates from the LPB
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Fair enough. But I don't know a reader that wants to see less of the 'sun' thingy from Baam, and yet here we potentially are.
It all depends on how SIU will act.

If Baam had a hard time like Ren after all that, it would be ridiculous, at this point, he has been extremely confident and sober after his conversation with Levi.

I think SIU has already laid the foundations for Baam's powers and now it's just a matter of developing.

Demonspeed

Runaway Kotarou
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France

Considering her explanation I think the relation between the two is that the Sea Snake ate one of his snakes. Not that he is a clone.

Wha

Reaction score
Country
Austria
Gotta make things needlessly complicated, I guess. If Androssi had just fucked off out of the way and taken the other liabilities with her, Baam would have dealt with the snake already.
That's just SIU's way of handling things. If only this or that was here or not here.....it would have gone completely differently!

And i have to adress the Eagle Owl in the room. That's just how SIU works. Even Karaka, back at the Namehunt Station, had similar thoughts when he got nuked by Yuri's Superweapon. "If only i brought some more items with me" or something along those lines.
It will likely never change.

Demonspeed

Runaway Kotarou
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Which translations are more accurate? I am reading Cosmic-scans's version and certain things seem rather different.

ivaannom

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Which translations are more accurate? I am reading Cosmic-scans's version and certain things seem rather different.
I think both are MTL.

For an accurate translation check the translations of discord(I haven't asked for permission to post the translation, i hope there is no problem):

559 560
It's possible that cosmic is not MTL and the one who translates just doesn't know the terminology of this manhwa(regulars, irregulars, shinsoo) and translates it directly. I'm not sure tho, I just saw some people saying they think it's MTL

EternalWinter

Reaction score
Country
United States
Where is Vincente btw.

King Dryst

Reaction score
Country
Cobra
Where is Vincente btw.
Stuck in the Po Bidau mothership with the rest of them. It's too bad he couldn't give control over to Albelda and join the tournament. Would be nice to have a potential winning option that doesn't suck.

Fortress of Solitude

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
France
No one notices it's the second time when Androssi can't move, the first was when she met Zahard data...
I wonder why.

That’s scene was weak as fuck, she was really worried now she is controlling the snake
She is afraid of Traumerei and doesn't understand that she is a toy who is going to kill everyone and Traumerei is innocent as always.

Yeah, it seems like things were accelerating TOO fast - if Baam was firmly top100 a lot was said before the break about SIU "painting himself into a corner."
The High Rankers are top 1000 that is the point: 10 families + Zahard' family, the best are 15 per family around 150 to 200 people plus 1000 or 1500 for the second best ranker... And people from the FUG!
At least the High Rankers have to be the top 3000.

Ignorant

Reaction score
Country
Dominican Republic
No one notices it's the second time when Androssi can't move, the first was when she met Zahard data...
I wonder why.

She is afraid of Traumerei and doesn't understand that she is a toy who is going to kill everyone and Traumerei is innocent as always.

The High Rankers are top 1000 that is the point: 10 families + Zahard' family, the best are 15 per family around 150 to 200 people plus 1000 or 1500 for the second best ranker... And people from the FUG!
At least the High Rankers have to be the top 3000.
Yeah i agree we knew some high rankers that we know are weaker than some advance rankers we have seen fighting like madoraco