Hangout - Tower of God Hangout & Q/A Thread | Page 101 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Big-Bird

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
French Guiana
How people evaluate the strength of others. Many times in the series, X or Y said that W or Z looks strong. We never got an explanation about that. We also never got an explanation about stamina, or if Shinsu can be spent. Stamina issues seem exclusive to Baam for no reason.

The thing that bothers me the most are the wounds. So we have Kallavan and Khell Hellram who got a big hole in their stomach but are fine. Evankhell gets the same hole, but it seems grievous. Hugo got obliterated but looks fine, she just could not move. A chapter later, and she looks as fresh as ever. We know nothing about the way they can heal their wounds either.

It just looks random. SIU needs an assistant, not for the drawings, but to check the inconsistencies and the overall plot.
-EVK was tired after her performance at the first wall, which is why she was one-tapped by WGW.
-Hansung was tired that's why he had a bit of trouble against Meier in the beginning
-Kallavan was tired during the fight against Lyborick
Baam isn't the only one with stamina problems

declaration= D does something, C is stronger than D, B is stronger than C, A is stronger than B, declarations always work as a scaling chain from someone who has a feat

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I re-read the last few chaps on webtoon, and I must admit that The Lo Po Bia Family is a mess. Or rather, SIU does not know where he is going.

For starter, after the first meeting between Baam and Elbaba, the later think in his head « I want to get back my privilege with the Family head, so if I can kill Laura and her daughters, hahaha ». How would that achieve that goal?

When Laura owned him at the station, her leverage was precisely that. « I have a recording. If the Head hear this, you are screwed ».

So what? Would Traumerei like him more if he were to kill them or not?

During this sequence, we learn that Traumerei went through a lot of efforts (relatively speaking) to produce princesses. Then, we hear in the same breath that he doesn’t care about anyone, all are pawns, and if the princesses would die, he would not care.

Elbaba, who is already on the bad side of Traumerei wants to gain his prestige again, but all he does is just super risky and has no benefits whatsoever (except for his childish revenge from more than 1000 years ago, because Laura mocked him a bit, hum hum).

Then, if I go back to the hotel part. How did Shilial and Lilial betray the family exactly? Their sole mistake was to be willing to flee with Baam on the submarine. But their reason for doing that was because they had already betrayed the family. How?

What was the point of the hotel part anyway. Shilial implied it was a test between the sisters to see who could tame the snakes. But Traumerei just wanted for Baam to marry one of them, I see no reasons for him to make things difficult. Someone has a better explanation?

Then the chess match. Kirin says that « no matter the result , the one who gets Baam, wins ».
We hear Traumerei is the best player. If he wins, will Gustang just submit? Hell, no.

Also, why was Ren so obsessed with Baam, they never had a beef, did they?

Basically, a lot of random things happened with no real consequences.

Or maybe someone can enlighten me?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I’m doing a separate post, but I’m also bothered by a few basic things.

How people evaluate the strength of others. Many times in the series, X or Y said that W or Z looks strong. We never got an explanation about that. We also never got an explanation about stamina, or if Shinsu can be spent. Stamina issues seem exclusive to Baam for no reason.

The thing that bothers me the most are the wounds. So we have Kallavan and Khell Hellram who got a big hole in their stomach but are fine. Evankhell gets the same hole, but it seems grievous. Hugo got obliterated but looks fine, she just could not move. A chapter later, and she looks as fresh as ever. We know nothing about the way they can heal their wounds either.

It just looks random. SIU needs an assistant, not for the drawings, but to check the inconsistencies and the overall plot.
The LPB are a mess yes and it's intentional. Traumerei is extremely passive and detached from his family, too many conflict of interests. Even Kirin is betraying Traumerei.

Fleeing with Baam means challenging the FH, so yes it's a betrayal.

Traumerei likes to torment people, I don't think Shilial's assumption was wrong. That's why he hid certain things from Lilial. The snake was supposed to be an asset they could use to win the contest.

If Traumerei wins the chess match Gustang will submit indeed. Game rules are always respected in ToG, always. But both think they'll win.

Baam's "arrogance" towards him pisses him off, he has been chosen to become Traumerei's successor even though he is a Regular and Slayer Candidate. Plus he is Androssi and Anak's friends and has shown that he doesn't like him.

shaheer

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
So guys I haven't picked tog since it went hiatus.. wondering if it got any better and should I restart.. or Bam is still acting like second fiddle while kallavan and others are bz being cool. ..
No spoilers plz

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
So guys I haven't picked tog since it went hiatus.. wondering if it got any better and should I restart.. or Bam is still acting like second fiddle while kallavan and others are bz being cool. ..
No spoilers plz
Long time no see. I don't think you would be pleased with Baam's behavior. It's a very bad time to catch up IMO. Not because it's bad(all the arcs have been better than the Nest one IMO), but because of the progress in the current arc.

shaheer

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Long time no see. I don't think you would be pleased with Baam's behavior. It's a very bad time to catch up IMO. Not because it's bad(all the arcs have been better than the Nest one IMO), but because of the progress in the current arc.
Thanks man! Will prolong my absence then. :(

SomeKindaAnimal

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Does anyone remember Gustang stealing some of Baams blood or am I remembering wrong?

King Dryst

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Cobra
Does anyone remember Gustang stealing some of Baams blood or am I remembering wrong?
I don't recall anything like that happening. Gustang hasn't ever been in the vicinity of anywhere Baam has shed blood to do something like that. He was at the Floor of Death and showed up after the Last Station battle, but Baam came out of both of those completely unscathed in a physical sense.

SomeKindaAnimal

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't recall anything like that happening. Gustang hasn't ever been in the vicinity of anywhere Baam has shed blood to do something like that. He was at the Floor of Death and showed up after the Last Station battle, but Baam came out of both of those completely unscathed in a physical sense.
Thanks because I was thinking if he could make a weapon from Baams blood to kill Traumerei.

King Dryst

Reaction score
Country
Cobra
Thanks because I was thinking if he could make a weapon from Baams blood to kill Traumerei.
If all he needs is an Irregular's blood, then he would have had opportunities to take some off Rachel though.

SomeKindaAnimal

Reaction score
Country
United States
If all he needs is an Irregular's blood, then he would have had opportunities to take some off Rachel though.
Still on the fence about rachel being a true Irregular but I hear you

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
He could have used his own blood as well. Even Baam needs something like the Thorn to kill Irregulars. He can't do it without it.

King Dryst

Reaction score
Country
Cobra
He could have used his own blood as well. Even Baam needs something like the Thorn to kill Irregulars. He can't do it without it.
I don't think so. Gustang and the other Family Heads are bound by the terms of the immortality contracts they forged. He would need another Irregular like Baam, Rachel or Urek to serve that purpose.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I don't think so. Gustang and the other Family Heads are bound by the terms of the immortality contracts they forged. He would need another Irregular like Baam, Rachel or Urek to serve that purpose.
Not sure what you mean. Do you think that Gustang and co can't wield the Thorn then?

King Dryst

Reaction score
Country
Cobra
Not sure what you mean. Do you think that Gustang and co can't wield the Thorn then?
I don't know, but that is one possible workaround if they can. Using their blood as a weapon would not be. If it were then any Princess would be theoretically capable of assassinating Zahard.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
We know V lost against the other family heads and arlen was unable to kill herself due to her immortality contract. The story remains wildly ambiguous regarding what can kill an irregular. I would also argue that the things we have heard can do it are at best suspected of having such capacity and odds are that irregulars in the tower are not entirely certain of what could do the job:

- irregulars
- thorn
- the hidden bracelet
- traumereis 3 water dragons with leviathan

Through the story more and more things are introduced without giving clarity regarding what will work or why or how. I was wondering if the sprout could be something that can kill a family head as something from before the great climb. Though you'd think this is something traumerei can control
And that while gustang is unsure of what he will do once his memories return.

Now that i think about it, kirins dialogue this chapter does seem to hint at icarus... Could it be icarus was a tower born traumerei fell in love with?

Big-Bird

Reaction score
Country
French Guiana
Now that i think about it, kirins dialogue this chapter does seem to hint at icarus... Could it be icarus was a tower born traumerei fell in love with?
In fact,Kirin doesn't talking about love between lovers.
That the PATERNAL AFFECTION that we want so much from our family leader was exhausted a long time ago in someone else who is not us
He speaks of a fatherly love
Traum really did love one of his children and it wasn't Kirin or Robadon, and Kirin knows it but Robadon doesn't

SomeKindaAnimal

Reaction score
Country
United States
(After their conversation ended, Baam then proceeded to walk outside the room and standing in front of the door while thinking about his decision when suddenly he got a mysterious scar on his cheek. Baam then asked why he bled. It turns out that the stingray was right beside Rachel the whole time)
Ok so this is what I was referring to I knew I vaguely remembered something like this.

On another note the way the hell train and FOD are illustrated is peak that art is truly missed 🥲

Sanity Check

Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Crazy ToG conspiracy theory for this month:

Bam is a male gendered clone of Rachel.

• Rachel and Bam have similar facial features and skin tone
  • Rachel and Bam appear to be near to the same age, with Rachel being slightly older
  • Rachel's envy could be explained by her clone (Bam) being better than her at most things
  • Rachel and Bam's relationship is closer to sibling rivalry than a romantic arc
  • Rachel sees everything she hates most about herself reflected in Bam, in the way that family members might see the very best and worst in themselves in their own close kin.
Evidence against the theory

• Bam closely resembles Mirchea Luslec Grace physically
  • Arlene is shown carrying the deceased body of the child and is known to have saved it
  • Bam lacks Rachel's genetic traits of low shinsu resistance and low talent