Support - Troubleshooting and Tech Support | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Support Troubleshooting and Tech Support

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm trying to make a video avatar of Bleach episode 115 when Urahara fires an energy blast at Yami and Ulquiorra deflects it with his hand.

I use an iMac G4 with Mac OS 10.4.8 and if anyone knows any applications that I can use and download for free, I would appreciate it if you could give me a link or so. I should be able to figure everything out quite easily, so I don't need help there.

===========

All enquiries and and tech support needed should be posted here. Please bear in mind that members here may not be professionals so anything that requires such attention should be looked at externally or can be directed to by others here.

Please remain civil at all times and avoid bashing and such behaviours, especially to someone who is offering you help; noone is under the obligation to do so. "Please" and "Thank you" are encouraged. Also check index thread for anything regarding linking and hosting that you are unaware of. goldb~

Last edited:

TechnoMagus

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Antarctica
Re: Video avatar making help

since you want to do it yourself, you can use mplayer, open source for linux, windows and since osx is unix based, osx too. there is now an official avatar thread and i have posted there the command line arguments i used for gif avatars here...
http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=15007.msg330049#msg330049

my other bleach avatars here...
http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=15007.msg330290#msg330290

in then used open source gimp to edit the frames as layers which you can also do in osx or other mac native apps...

mr_zhang

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Help! Downloading problem??

Hi guys,

Love being a member of this forum.

At first, I only want to download the newest scans :D

However, recently I decided to help by providing mirror. I'm planning to provides mirror for Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece.

Now, I have a bad internet connection where it often disconnects randomly. It brings so much pain when I'm trying to download from SS. (I can't download from RS/GS/YSI as I'm on a shared IP)

If my internet connection disconnects, SendSpace will re-start the download from zero byte. It's a waste of bandwidth and time (as we know, we need mirror as soon as possible). I hope that it will have a "resume broken download" function.

Do you guys know how to solve this problem? I'm using FireFox 2.0 and FlashGet.

Regards,

[nami] Merged [/nami]

Last edited by a moderator:

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Re: Help! Downloading problem??

Hi mr_zhang,

You can try using the FlashGot plugin for Firefox and set the option to intercept all download. FlashGot Options --> Downloads tab --> check the Intercept all downloads.

And instead of using FlashGet, use the standard download for Firefox. I have a slow connection myself and that trick works for me (most of the time). If it doesnt, you can always ask the kindness of other members to provide a link with resume download capability, such as Turboupload. :D

neji1988

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
The Computer Troubleshooting Thread

Hey guys i don't know if this is the place to do this...or there is another place for this but i need some help...i know there is alot of ppl here that is good with computer stuff like software probs and all and i would like to ask for some assistance... ok heres my problem
Everytime i restart my comp or Turn it on it will always have this message
"The System DLL user32.dll was relocated in memory. The application will not run properly. the relocation occurred because the DLL C:\WINDOWS\System32\HHCTRL.OCX Occupied an address range reserved for Windows System DLLs. The vendor supplying the DLL should be contacted for a new DLL"
And there are 2 things i wanna know..Is this a Bad thing? And if it is How do i fix it.....sry mods if i placed this in the wrong zone but i really need some help...thanx alot

[ichi]*Hijacks post*
Got a problem with your PC, Mac, Laptop, PDA? Then you can post your problem here, maybe someone could assist you in finding the solution.
Remember, post your sytem specs and specify your problem. And please, remember to be patient and most important, don't spam/flame. [/ichi]

Last edited by a moderator:

TechnoMagus

Reaction score
Country
Antarctica
Re: Computer Problems

is this everytime you boot/run the program? are you using vista? what is the program? what did you do before--upgrade/update/install os/program?

if i have your problem, i'd just rollback/restore point (undo what i did before this issue came up) and boot into safe mode, else repair or reinstall windows.

from what i know, user32.dll is a CRITICAL os system file, HHCTRL.OCX on the other hand is not as critical but is needed to display help files...

more background info on the message....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Relocation
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Address_space_layout_randomization

maybe the program ur using was outdated and did not take into account the feature mentioned above.
oh, windows wise, a good thing :kkthumbs applications wise, sorry i think ur app is outdated.... :smile-big

Last edited:

neji1988

Reaction score
Country
Singapore

My program is actually just windows XP and this program started happening Right after i updated the windows internet explorer to the newest version which is internet explorer 7... and it seems to happen everytime i update it..

TechnoMagus

Reaction score
Country
Antarctica

maybe they integrated the relocation feature in ie7? (rhetoric) did you also run the other updates for xp? make the ie7 update the last, else....
rollback to ie6 for now would be the best solution for the meantime... :(

neji1988

Reaction score
Country
Singapore

Argh....Now everything is all wrong....my internet explorer dosent have any tool bars...and I cant dl anything i cant even right click on the page...and worst of all i tired removing the internet explorer and try downloading it again and they cant delete it cause they couldnt find the IE7 file...sooo now my internet explorer is completely useless and i have to use my recovery disc....or else i dun know wad else to do....sooo now i am burning all my important programs onto a disc and i am getting ready to use the recovery disc...and it all started because of the Facking Internet explorer update and the user32.dll........I HATE BILL GATES

TechnoMagus

Reaction score
Country
Antarctica

well, there's opera, firefox and the old mozilla suite. if u can't dl, there's telnet and ftp... oops sorry, using them might be too complicated for you... :smile-big

try the repair feature from the disc first before a reinstallation....

shrimpy

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hard drive help

Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone can help.
I recently had a hard drive fail. But this one was very strange. Usually when HD goes bad, you hear clicking or you get errors in the event log of the PC. But this one stopped working cold.
Now, when I plugged it into an external USB drive case, I could hear it clicking...but it's strange to me a drive would start doing that and never give any warning.

I was desperate so I actually opened the drive myself. It's a 40 gig seagate drive, and the only thing I could visibly notice is that the plastic lever next to the drive head that kind of unlocks when its on and goes back when it turns off seems loose. There's also a dark spot on the clear plates themselves, but that wouldn't be enough to stop bootup of the drive right?

I've been searching for a cheap data recovery place everywhere but they're all too expensive or questionable whether or not I can trust them. I don't have a lot of money, but I really need to get the data back.

Thanks to anyone who has ideas. I really appreciate it.

m0rph3us

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Re: Hard drive help

hmm I'm really sorry.
I know a guy who lost his diploma thesis due to a hard drive fail and he paid about 10.000 € just to get it back.
I really hope you can get your data easier.

fgn89

Hi, I think I might have something that *may* help your problem.

If you have msn, just add me as a contact and I'll tell you what I know, might not be too appropriate to tell here :P

P.S. signing up is a b*tch x.x I saw this post and tried to be a good guy and help, took me a good 15 minutes, only to find out I already have an a/c on this website, you need to be more specific in the error messages :P That or I'm a right dunce.

Just add me ^^ fgn89@hotmail.com

shrimpy

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States

Okay ill give it a shot

Serpent

Reaction score
Country
Romania
I need some help with this

Ok so here's the deal, I have a photo of something and somewhere in the background is a car i need a program to allow me to enlarge and make the license number of that car understandable , i saw this thing being done in some movies ^^ and i was hoping someone could tell what program to use.

sorry if a didn't post it wright :(

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: I need some help with this

hm, I can't think of any program that would give you the greater clarity you'd be looking for. That kind of thing is probably more for government, etc, not public use, unfortunately. Any kind of high powered program like that won't be easy to find.

enlarging isn't hard, just open the photo up in photoshop or similar program and increase the image size. The problem will be making the license number understandable ^^; It' be more helpful if I had an idea of what kind of picture it is and just how small the license plate is.

Serpent

Reaction score
Country
Romania

My dad is a lawyer and he needs this 4 a case>.> , I can't really say how small the license is , so it can be done with a photo editing program , i heard something about pixel sharpening from a friend of mine . I'll ask him for the photo who knows maybe I'll be able to do this somehow. Thanks anyway

the_hellbringer

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Peru

A lot of the state of the art photo editing programs need a very powerfull computer...
As LadyHatake said... some of those programs that you see in the movies are for goverments or for police use... also they are very expensive. Sme of those programs also are fake... used only for the tv show or the movie. Hollywood is never a good reference for reality.

Try using photoshop... maybe you can ask somebody here in MangaHelpers in the Manga Editor Central

Paz42

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

sorry to say that as far as im aware its impossible to do this kind of thing out side of movies. Its all to do with the pixal ratio of the image, when its on the computer theres only a certain amount of times you can zoom in and even when you zoom in you can make the image any clearer to the point where you can make things out in more detail

lbum

Reaction score
Country
United Nations
I need to know if anyone is a programmer

Is any body a programmer i have a favor to ask.

Last edited: