Miscellaneous - Trying to redraw bottom left corner | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Miscellaneous Trying to redraw bottom left corner

Edgar Chavarria

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
So I'm trying to redraw bottom left corner but everytime I try to it comes out all kinds of fucked up. So since I'm a noob at this I wanted to ask how other ppl might redraw? View media item 21150

Gradonil_Ral

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
The easiest way would be to use smudge, but that won't work too well if you don't own a drawing tablet (or run PS on an ipad or another tablet). You'd just use smudge with "pen pressure" for transfer (brush's options).

Otherwise, you probably should just use clone.
Well... you can try selecting the sfxs part by part and using content aware fill and then fixing the mistakes, but that just depends on whether you know what how to proceed with selection+filling well.

Edgar Chavarria

Reaction score
Country
United States
The easiest way would be to use smudge, but that won't work too well if you don't own a drawing tablet (or run PS on an ipad or another tablet). You'd just use smudge with "pen pressure" for transfer (brush's options).

Otherwise, you probably should just use clone.
Well... you can try selecting the sfxs part by part and using content aware fill and then fixing the mistakes, but that just depends on whether you know what how to proceed with selection+filling well.
well tried to do it but couldn't. Do you think ppl would mind if I just left it like that and left the translations on top? Thnx for the advice tho bro. nice lookin out

Brandan White

Reaction score
Country
Japan
I suggest you leave it like that because you may not have TL for that SFX if you got no need to typeset too because many Edited Manga group leave it like that and place text above panel like sfx: crash

Gradonil_Ral

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Yea. Do not put translations on top of SFXs. Put them outside the panel as a note. If there's no place, then next to the SFX, but never on top of it.

xallisto

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So I'm trying to redraw bottom left corner but everytime I try to it comes out all kinds of fucked up. So since I'm a noob at this I wanted to ask how other ppl might redraw? View media item 21150
The way i would do it, is to section off the top 1/3 of the bottom panel, and clone tool the bit that u can see across then its a matter of eraser and brushwork to get it looking right, then copy that 3rd down into the other 2/3rds of the panel.

Last edited: