Visual Novel - Tsukihime | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Visual Novel Tsukihime

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Tsukihime

Title: Tsukihime
Length: 30-50 hours
Producer: Type-Moon
Original Plot by: Kinoko Nasu
Released: 2000
Prequel/Sequel: None, but connections to Kara No Kyoukai (Light Novels)

Synopsis:

The story begins in a recollection of a boy called Shiki in his childhood years. There he gains a power out of this world. What is the meaning of this power, and what can he do with it? This is his story of finding the missing pieces of the puzzle.

Dark Matter

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Dominican Republic
I am so hyped for the upcoming remake. Wonder what kind of changes they'll make in the story. The manga adapted this VN in such an outstanding way. Heck I like it better than the entire VN as a whole. We can probably expect a Kegetsu Tohya remake after this too.

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I am so hyped for the upcoming remake. Wonder what kind of changes they'll make in the story. The manga adapted this VN in such an outstanding way. Heck I like it better than the entire VN as a whole. We can probably expect a Kegetsu Tohya remake after this too.
As someone who's played the original, what do you think is better? Wait for the remake or play the VN now? I've played with the thought of giving it a try now but I'm not sure if I should just wait for the remake, with better graphics and whatnot.

Dark Matter

Reaction score
Country
Dominican Republic
As someone who's played the original, what do you think is better? Wait for the remake or play the VN now? I've played with the thought of giving it a try now but I'm not sure if I should just wait for the remake, with better graphics and whatnot.
The VN's decent as it is but it's easy to see why they're remaking it when I look back. As far as I know and heard the original VN is pretty hard to get and out of print for a long time. You could probably get it at an auction site but the money won't be going to the company that way anyway. I imagine it'll be a while till the remake gets released but I'm sure it'll be worth the wait if they make the changes that fans have been waiting for for a long time... like giving Satsuki a REAL ending and making Ciel's route her own instead of Arcueid route 2.0. In the meantime I highly recommend reading the manga if you decide to wait but get a little impatient on the way. It mainly focuses on the main heroine's route but does an awesome job on adding several elements from the rest of the routes to help back up the story fantastically. Kara no Kyoukai is a really good watch too even though the main characters never interact with Tsukihime characters and the plot for both don't really mix with eachother (though it'd be a different story if we're talking about Fate/Stay Night).

Reactions: Nii

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Kara no Kyoukai is a really good watch too even though the main characters never interact with Tsukihime characters and the plot for both don't really mix with eachother (though it'd be a different story if we're talking about Fate/Stay Night).
I've seen KnK, great work :nod The plot mixes with Fate/Stay Night? :o That makes me curious, as I'm a rabid fan of F/SN :XD

Dark Matter

Reaction score
Country
Dominican Republic
I've seen KnK, great work :nod The plot mixes with Fate/Stay Night? :o That makes me curious, as I'm a rabid fan of F/SN :XD
Ah I was only referring to one of the characters of KnK making a brief cameo in FSN. That was due to spoilers though. I don't really know about Tsukihime having to do with FSN. Just started on UBW, but I hear Heaven's Feel makes more references to Tsukihime's side.

Last edited: