Light Novel - Tsuujou Kougeki ga Zentai Kougeki de Ni-kai Kougeki no Okaa-san wa Suki desu ka? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Light Novel Tsuujou Kougeki ga Zentai Kougeki de Ni-kai Kougeki no Okaa-san wa Suki desu ka?

Yvain

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Sunspear
Also called "Don't you love your mother whose normal attack is double damage hit to all targets?"

The reason I am making this thread is, I have read both the manga and the light novel, and I have to say, I am quite surprised by its popularity, which seems undeserved to me...

Let me explain (fair warning, I'm spoiling everything...) :

I find weird how many people like Mamako, the mother. Yeah, she's hot, yeah, she's dojikko.... but:

-She doesn't understand her son. At all. She wants to treat him like he is still 10 years old, and expects him to behave like so. She doesn't understand why a grown up would feel uncomfortable sleeping in the same bed as his mom, and she even wants to bath with him (the post in the link gives the translation of the japanese text..."Mamako: Since it’s a rare chance, I’m thinking of entering with Maa-kun together. We are parent and child after all, it’s fine, right?")

And of course, she can't understand why her son isn't enjoying the "game..."

-Under all the fluff and sweetness, she is self-centered, selfish and manipulative. She forced her son to enter the game without his consent, and afterwards, she lets him believe that they were trapped inside when in truth she was able to log out all along (read the ending of this chapter; Shirase tells Waiz/Vise/Wise's mother, to log out... it's only the children who are trapped in the game... by their parents...).

-Despite Masato being obviously unhappy, and not enjoying the game, she doesn't give a damn. She can log out, but he is forced to stay there for her pleasure. What is more, the poor guy has to force himself to hide his anger and frustration because he believes that he won't be able to escape the game otherwise... It's a situation of "love me. or else...."

Read the beginning of this chapter: Masato and Mamako have an argument over some equipment Mamako ruined, and the girls Potta/Pota and Waiz/Vise/Wise suddenly start to act extra-chipper and bubbly, but only in front of Mamako, because the mom must be happy, or else they won't ever escape the game (or so they believe...).

-She's also manipulative. She has to have things her way, or she will start to cry and make Masato feel like shit.

Now, I'm aware that she is a clutz, so maybe she isn't a selfish, manipulative, liar... maybe she is just dumb as a sack of rocks, with the emotional intelligence of a cacti, and she is unable to perceive when and why people are unhappy, but if so, she must suffer from some serious personality disorder...

The other characters aren't better:

Waiz/Wise/Vise would be the worst tsundere ever... that is, if she even had a "dere" side... she insults Masato, attacks him and outright kills him for no reason at all. She treats him like a pervert despite Masato not doing or saying anything wrong, even once. She is horrible.

Shirase is the worst. She is the governmental agent who sends them all to the VR world, and manipulates them all. She doesn't give a damn if they are suffering, frustrated or unhappy. She doesn't care that Waiz/Wise/Vise's mother is trapped in the game world because her mother has decided to exploit a bug to hack the game and live there forever... She uses threats like trapping Waiz in the game for at least 15 years if she doesn't do as she says... She must realize that Masato's relationship with his mother won't improve, but she doesn't care, she is an evil bureaucrat who abuses everybody so she can fill her quotas...

Potta/Pota and Masato are okay, I guess, but Potta is sorta in the background, and Masato exists only as the literal butt monkey of the universe (and when I say literal, I mean literal... the game is rigged so he sucks at it...).

So unless 1.-You are a lot into clumsy hot milfs, and 2.-you enjoy a blameless, harmless butt monkey be kicked around... why do people like this?

What are your thoughts about it?