Theory - U-17 Theories. | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Theory U-17 Theories.

Fayte

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I recently thought about these things.

1) What if Konomi decides to add Kajimoto and Wakato to the High School roster?

-I remember thinking that Kajimoto was an awesome character with that beastly serve. My back hurts just remembering it. Also how cool Wakato was as well, and watching him play against Kabaji in the Japan team saga.

2) What if Sengoku gets his "Boxing playstyle" in the U-17 camp?

-Remember with me, after Sengoku loses to Kamio in the Kantou tournament, he says "I'm thinking about changing my play style." to Banji. Also remember how we don't see Sengoku play anymore (manga) after that match. The only other time we see him "played" was in the Nationals when they lose against Nagoya. He was the only one on Yamabuki who won.

In the anime fillers, Sengoku adapts his Boxing training to Tennis, when he has a practice match with Tezuka, during the making of the "Japan team." Tezuka applauds the talent of Sengoku, after almost breaking Tezuka zone.

What got me thinking about all this was the anime fillers. It is so much like what is going on now. "Making the Japan team." The similarities are very interesting to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dansan1

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I really liked Sengoku and thought he was jipped after the build up. So it'd be great if he got some nice development. I never saw any of the boxing stuff, but anything new would be great. (it'd be nice if he looked a little bit like he used to too!)

Also to correct you, we did see him play in the nationals, but it was against St Icarus' Richard. He beat him and they won, and then the "narrator" just mentions they went on to lose to Nagoya. So we don't actually know how he fared against them.

http://www.onemanga.com/Prince_of_Tennis/273/03/

Also doesn't that mean Yamabuki lost to the "worse version of Nagoya"? I thought I remember Renji saying that they didn't get all those foreign guys till right before the Rikkai match. In which case...tsk tsk Yamabuki. I really like the Jimmies and Sengoku.

Also I don't think anybody from St. Rudolph deserves to be at the camp, not only did they not make it to even play at the Nationals, they didn't even make it to Kanto.

I have not so much a theory, but a foreboding "I don't want this to happen" feeling that alot of our favorites might end up as little more than spectators/cheerleaders in this POT.

Last edited:

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Tachibana noted that the loss of Akutsu was too great..what with him being a freak of nature and all

The awesome thing about Akutsu is that he freaking smokes and moves around the court like he doesn't and never will have any lung problems

Sherlock Holmes

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I just realized something. Akutsu looks a lot like...That guy from OneOuts. And both of them smoke.

Sherlock Holmes

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Epileptic Trees

The place for your wildest theories that have almost no base in facts. Here, let's start to guess what is going to happen in the manga. Partially for fun, and partially because if it DOES happen, then you have evidence to prove that you actually thought of that and then you can shout "I KNEW IT!!!"

So, I'll start.

Theory #1:
Niou actually won his match against Yagyuu.

Niou actually beat Yagyuu in the U-17 camp. They had switched places before the match. This is all part of Niou's plan to take Yukimura's place as the Magnificent Bastard of the series.

Theory #2:
Ryoga is going to be the the US team's captain. He will have POP as well, and will be the only one to rival Echizen.

Well, Echizen needs a rival. Since he is now a demi god, the only way to make him get a rival is by introducing another demi god, or by removing the demi god status from him. I don't think Konomi will be as cheap as to remove Echizen's Demi God status, but if he is, then Echizen will DEFINITELY get his demi god status back in time to beat Ryoga, who will also be a demi god. Because having a demi god who is the brother of the other demi god feels less like an asspull from the author.

Also, to support this theory, Ryoga appeared in the Ovas recently. This could be foreshadowing.

DavenSodan

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Re: Epileptic Trees

Nice idea, so I will follow.

Theory #3:
Kazuya, the Muga-eater
Actually with his eyes, Kazuya make the Muga his opponent creates vanished and there is nothing they can do about it. That way, Echizen/Tezuka/every other cheap Muga user will have to win via thier normal (ha!) special shots! So no PoP against Kazuya!

Theory #4:
Taka-san and the 1000style Hadouyken

In his match against Aktusu he will blow up the other half of the court using a 1000sytle Hadyouken, making a huge hole in the court and the hill behind them, killing off a few unimportant high schooler. Still Aktusu will return it of course.

Last edited:

Sherlock Holmes

Reaction score
Country
Canada

Theory #5:
Mizuki will beat Inui by using his Juice.

Mizuki will go all Solid Snake on Inui, and switch his water bottle for a super MIZUKI JUICE, making him lose to Mizuki not only on tennis, but on the juice battle as well.

Theory #6:
Niou is a timelord

Oh c'mon, someone had to be one.

Theory #7:
Kaidoh's match against Tezuka will make him the new Seigaku Captain.

Kaidoh will lose the match, but will impress Tezuka enough to make him decide that he should be the next Captain for Seigaku, since Echizen is in love with the US and will likely go there again for no adequately explained reason.

Sherlock Holmes

Reaction score
Country
Canada

I actually did forget that, but this thread is meant for theories that are so, so, SO out there that the only reason we can call them "theories" is that there aren't any facts to prove them wrong.

Like, I can say that Niou is actually the reincarnation of Jesus. And that would still be a theory because, where's the evidence against that?

And the other thread was made for more serious based on fact theories. But if you think we should merge them, then by all means. I just like the title Epileptic Trees.

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States

Okay i agree with Fayte, I think it's best to merge the threads since they are essentially the same thing.

Edit- And it's done...

javimgol

Reaction score
Country
Spain
The Nioh's theories are great!
My theory:
Akutsu will be winning 6-0 VS Kawamura. But because Taka wants to play more tennis and Akutsu is bored, Jin decided to lost. When Taka is going to say that it isn´t fair, Akutsu will serve with the same serve that Taka used to beat Gin, destroying Taka's illusion and saying "Just kidding" while he retires of the court smoking.
(Poor Taka, but Gin is IN because of the cover and PoT NEEDS Akutsu)

Fayte

Reaction score
Country
United States
I agree, I think Akutsu will take something from Taka when he wins, so Taka will be remembered.