Uchiha Itachi and his true potential ~ Wat would Itachi be IF he wasn't limited by the plot? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Uchiha Itachi and his true potential ~ Wat would Itachi be IF he wasn't limited by the plot?

e-dog

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
Hello, I'm a long-time member and an even longer-time lurker here on the board :)

So all of the bull# aside, as an Itachi fan, I just wanted to get a few things clear with my fellow naruto-fans without much bias (its hard but im really trying- so please try to be unbiased too- please....).
I just want to ask a few simple questions and add my own interpretation of Itachi to the forum.

Q1: Why do you feel like Itachi is over-rated? Q1A:What makes you believe that his potential was not as vast as we (some Itachi fans) believe, considering the facts objectively, and taking into account his handicap (given by kishi for obv. reasons)
Q2: Do you believe that if Itachi was not ill & hence low chakra/stamina, he would have been able to become Hokage if the Uchiha clan didn't feel the need to revolt? Q2A:Was Itachi kage-material at all? And if he was, what kind of kage would he have been?

I personally believe that aside from Naruto and Sasuke, there were 2 other shinobi that had the same (terrifying) potential who could make enemies such as even Madara and Hashirama, pee themselves when it got down to a 1v1; The 2 other shinobi I'm talking about are Uchiha Itachi and Namikaze Minato whom I believe would have grown to be as strong as Naruto & Sasuke (minus the god-mode plut jutsu, plus their own unique awesomeness~ I can see Minato becoming faster than time itself, flash-stepping back into time in essence, and Itachi such a master of Illusion & strategy/tactics that he would make his opponents chase ghosts & other irrelevancies until it was time for them to die).

The reason I put Itachi at such a high position (on par with "gods" such as Madara, Hashirama and even Hagoromo & Hamura if Minato and Itachi were allowed to age in the same way without sudden random death- cus.... plot...) is because even aside from Kishimoto's statement that Itachi could 1v1 Madara himself: is because Itachi has proven himself a tactician with no equal, even beyond Kakashi and Shikamaru; Itachi, a 1v1 shinobi who will take *you* down (as in, end your life) no matter who the f*ck *you* are~ he would take you down on ONE SINGLE mistake that he would capitalize on like a maniac; and because he has shown us that no matter how hard & impossible the situation is, HE WILL GET THE JOB DONE (unless he does no WANT to I[I'm looking at you Jiraiya-sama)). Literally, look at his entire damn life and see how many times he did not achieve what he set his mind to~ hint: zero.

From a very young age, he has shown that he was more than capable to hold his own against seasoned shinobi twice/thrice his age, he did not fall into the same pit of arrogance because of his immense power & potential and and always made the best out of even the most difficult situations. In act 1, against Hatake mothafukkin KAKASHI he held his own and didn't break a sweat (unless u wanna use his illness against him). Itachi basically 1-shot KAKASHI. WE'RE TALKING ABOUT KAKASHI.... KAKASHI! (lol).
Then there is the insanity of the Uchiha massacre... After he was confronted with an (for me literally) impossible decision (personal love vs world-war), he managed to put all of his own feelings aside and choose the path which he believed would cause the least harm to shinobi/humankind in general. He couldn't kill Sasuke (thankgod) so it's not a perfect 100% mission accomplished but still, he fulfilled his mission *ALMOST* perfectly with the exception of his little brother. He did that, mind you, AT THE AGE OF 13/14 while at the same time the "sacrifices" he had to endure were beyond human comprehension (just imagine killing the ones you love the most for the good of "the bigger picture", all of which after he learnt the truth about the elders/danzo from Shisui~ before Shisui jumped and died). To me, a decision like that goes waaaaay beyond what a lot of shinobi have to face.. Come on, as a PACIFIST, and don't you dare to forget that aspect of Itachi- he HATED violence even though he excelled at it when needed), he was forced to cleanse Konoha from that which he LOVED (Family/Uchiha) and he did so almost perfectly, even though his opponents were of the same bloodline and dangerous.

I would normally go into detail right about now (don't wanna go straight nuclear on you guys/girls :p) and bring up what Itachi would have been without illness/plot-screwing, and write half a book about what I believe, making this post 10x as long, but I'll spare you that.
So to rehash: Why is there such a big difference between the way I/we-fans perceive Itachi and the way others do? Are we really that wrong? Are you guys/girls in the wrong on this one? Or is the truth somewhere in the middle?

P.S. Although I admit he probably wouldn't have reached the same level as ita&mina, who intrigues me a lot as well is Kimimaro. What he did with his last bits of chakra & life, through sheer willpower and intent, was pretty damn insane and impressive. For someone on his deathbed, at his age and level (14/15 years old? High-Chuunin->Low-Jounin?), to do what he did was extremely impressive, and a testament to him as an almost perfect, driven & intelligent shinobi.

P.P.S Please remain civilized & provide CONSTRUCTIVE criticism/comments :)

P.P.P.S Itachi Lovers & Haters, PLEASE don't ruin the conversation. Realize that like the rest of us mortals, you are biased, so PLEASE try to give an answer (if at all) that is fair and fact-based. Trolls & others, adhering to a dishonorable/empty way of conduct/posting/discussion will be ignored.

Thanks for your time.

IT--

Last edited: