Unbelievable Time Distortion Space is the Place, but the Beat Goes On | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Unbelievable Time Distortion Space is the Place, but the Beat Goes On

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
blah blah blah Kaiten

blah blah blah Admin

blah blah blah Hi

blah blah blah Ask me stuff

Last edited:

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: Kaiten.Sama

Yay! My prodding worked! :smugbunny

So, Kaiten.Sama, I'll start off with some of the typical "favorites" questions:

Favorite manga?
Favorite anime?
Favorite manga/anime characters?
Favorite food?
Favorite type of music?

Also, how and when did you get into manga/anime in the first place?

Ok, ok, enough for now :333

miyavisoap

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

hello there, nice to meet ya :]]
so im just going to assume that u watch lots of animes... what are u watching currently and in past couple of months??
and u live in maryland? i always wanted to go there cuz my bff used to live there and she tells me all these things that idk if they're true or not :p (oh, i live in the jersey btw)

Kaiten

Harasho
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Yay! My prodding worked! :smugbunny

So, Kaiten.Sama, I'll start off with some of the typical "favorites" questions:

Favorite manga?
Favorite anime?
Favorite manga/anime characters?
Favorite food?
Favorite type of music?

Also, how and when did you get into manga/anime in the first place?

Ok, ok, enough for now :333
I am very easily bullied and like talking about myself ;)

So, favorites, huh.

Favorite manga is tough. I'd have to say Full Metal Alchemist but One Piece and 20th Century Boys are really close.

My favorite anime is Akira. I saw it a long time ago, before I was into anime, but it's still the most stunning animation I've ever seen.

Have to go with Haruhi as my favorite anime character, Risa and Ootani from Lovely Complex for manga.

Anything home cooked is my favorite food. I eat out almost every day because of work so anything that's actually healthy is a treat ^^

I've been into indie since the early '90's. I love anything weird, offbeat, obscure, or underrated. I listen to oldies too; pre - psych '60's, 60's/70's bubble gum and easy listening, BritPunk, and various weirdo's and freaks. I'm a big music fan, someday I'll restart my blog and post some of my albums. If I do, I'll put a link in my sig. Just remember, my taste is "off".

I got into anime/manga through Inuyasha on Adultswim about four years ago. I didn't mean to get into it, didn't even mean to watch in the first place, but once started I just wanted to know what happened next. When I ran out of episodes I switched to the manga. Not being able to stop at IY, I started reading other series.

miyavisoap said:
hello there, nice to meet ya :]]
so im just going to assume that u watch lots of animes... what are u watching currently and in past couple of months??
and u live in maryland? i always wanted to go there cuz my bff used to live there and she tells me all these things that idk if they're true or not (oh, i live in the jersey btw)
Nice to meet you to, miyavisoap!! I'm currently watching FMA2, Hayate2, new episodes of Haruhi, and Hatsukoi Limited. I have Eden of the East and Cross Game on hold until Hatsukoi ends. I usually watch new series every season and rarely watch older series. Before this batch I watched ef: a Tale of Melodies, Clannad: the After Story, and Soul Eater.

I am from Maryland. Ask anything you want about MD, I'm happy to reveal the truth ;)

Last edited:

[Cross]

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States

Hey Kaiten, since you live in Maryland, do you go to Otacon? And a follow-up question would probably be, if you do, who would you cosplay as?

igotthegoods

The Giggs
Reaction score
Country
United States

One Piece, Haruhi, FMA, indie music.... I'm liking what I'm hearing so far. :nuts

And I can totally relate to the home-cooked meal thing. My job is the same way and I end up eating out a LOT. :s

I got into anime/manga through Inuyasha on Adultswim about four years ago. I didn't mean to get into it, didn't even mean to watch in the first place, but once started I just wanted to know what happened next. When I ran out of episodes I switched to the manga. Not being able to stop at IY, I started reading other series.
Ok, seriously, is this really how you found anime/manga or are you just copying me? :oh

Kaiten

Harasho
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

[Cross said:
]Hey Kaiten, since you live in Maryland, do you go to Otacon? And a follow-up question would probably be, if you do, who would you cosplay as?
Never been to a convention before. If I were to go I'd cosplay as Ed from FMA or Taikobo from Hoshin Engi.

One Piece, Haruhi, FMA, indie music.... I'm liking what I'm hearing so far. :nuts

And I can totally relate to the home-cooked meal thing. My job is the same way and I end up eating out a LOT. :s

Ok, seriously, is this really how you found anime/manga or are you just copying me? :oh
Always nice to meet other indie rockers! Any bands you like right now?

I'm a fast food connoisseur x_X I've sampled everything greasy, fried, or nasty in the capitol area. Nasty as it is, nothing beats Wendy's at 1am ;)

ROFL!! I found Inuyasha the exact same way: watching Family Guy/Futurama/Aqua Teen. Some nights I was to lazy to go to bed or change the channel and just watched IY. After five non - consecutive episodes I was hooked, wouldn't admit it for another month, but still. Eventually I made my way to Freelance. I ended up dropping IY around chapter 518 but am still a mod and regular poster at the Freelance forum.

hatsuharupeace

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Australia

Good luck with the Otaku Cafe dude... =D Got my ex-section.

Anywayy, indie music huh? You definately should check out some indie stuff from Japan, there are quite a lot of underground stuff which is really good. ^^

Mr. Prince

MH's Best Translator
Reaction score
Country
Japan

Hey Kaiten, congrats on your promotion. I'm pretty sure you'll take good care of the Otaku Cafe. : D
(I'm awfully sorry though, since I got no question or anything prepared...just wanted to drop by and wish you best luck.)

◆ T.D.A ◆

Banned
Reaction score
Country
North Korea

Sorry I have Veritas fever, do you read it?

Nami

Queen of The Damned
Reaction score
Country
United Nations

Say, care to share with us your 5 Otaku-ish habits, if you have any?

And just curious, are you still working or studying?

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States

'Sup Kaiten! Nice to see you here! I don't have any questions, just wanted to say hi. :-P

miyavisoap

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States

Nice to meet you to, miyavisoap!! I'm currently watching FMA2, Hayate2, new episodes of Haruhi, and Hatsukoi Limited. I have Eden of the East and Cross Game on hold until Hatsukoi ends. I usually watch new series every season and rarely watch older series. Before this batch I watched ef: a Tale of Melodies, Clannad: the After Story, and Soul Eater.

I am from Maryland. Ask anything you want about MD, I'm happy to reveal the truth ;)
haha u can just call me miya or miyavi :amused. and im watching all those too! and have u read the hatsukoi gentei manga? its really good, u should try it. and higashi no eden and cross game is really good too except eden just ended. but i heard that new season is coming out next spring. and u should try saki, shangri-la, and phantom. they are alllll really good :darn.

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium

welcome kaiten, I of course know you from the great ToC threads :)

Ah well, I don't know if this has been asked before but let's see:

what are your other hobbies, manga and anime aside

Kaiten

Harasho
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

welcome kaiten, I of course know you from the great ToC threads :)

Ah well, I don't know if this has been asked before but let's see:

what are your other hobbies, manga and anime aside
Hi Koenosaki! Aside from manga/anime I'm really interested in politics, history, economics, music, and sports. For the first I follow both domestic and foreign policy and read a lot of political science. I'm a European history buff, the next book I plan to read is about the revolutions of 1848. Economics is a new subject for me; since the current crisis began I've wanted to know as much as I can. I'm a huge American football and basketball fan, but if you sit me down in front of any sport I may as well be hypnotized. Except for hockey. Not a fan.

Nami said:
Say, care to share with us your 5 Otaku-ish habits, if you have any?

And just curious, are you still working or studying?
No real Otakuish habits IMO. I do read waaay to much manga, as soon as I finish a series I start another. I'm an (very) occasional Manga Editor, if that counts. I've never really tried connecting to the wider culture; fan fiction, art, cosplay, etc. Nothing against them, just haven't investigated.

I work full time at Borders, for international members Borders is a chain of department store size book stores. I'll be going back to school this fall for web design certification then plan on getting a bachelors in either economics or political science.

miyavisoap said:
haha u can just call me miya or miyavi d. and im watching all those too! and have u read the hatsukoi gentei manga? its really good, u should try it. and higashi no eden and cross game is really good too except eden just ended. but i heard that new season is coming out next spring. and u should try saki, shangri-la, and phantom. they are alllll really good.
Then Miya or Miyavi it is! I did read Hatsukoi (and Ichigo 100%)! I'm a big Kawashita fan and very excited for her new series. I've watched about four episodes of Eden and Cross Game so far, both are phenomenal. I'm a big Chika Umino fan, the character design alone drew me to Eden. When I get a chance I'll def give your suggestions a chance!

◆ T.D.A ◆ said:
Sorry I have Veritas fever, do you read it?
Haven't tried it.

hatsuharupeace said:
Good luck with the Otaku Cafe dude... =D Got my ex-section.

Anywayy, indie music huh? You definately should check out some indie stuff from Japan, there are quite a lot of underground stuff which is really good. ^^
I'll take good care of it for you. Promise.

If I'm thinking of the same Japanese underground as you, it can get pretty nuts. I listen to Boris, and have in the past listened to boredoms, Shonen Knife, and Melt Banana. Acid Mother Temple is good, but I only have so much tolerance for 45 min songs =P

Bomber D Rufi said:
'Sup Kaiten! Nice to see you here! I don't have any questions, just wanted to say hi. :-P
**Waves to Bomber**

Mr. Prince said:
Hey Kaiten, congrats on your promotion. I'm pretty sure you'll take good care of the Otaku Cafe. : D
(I'm awfully sorry though, since I got no question or anything prepared...just wanted to drop by and wish you best luck.)
Thanks for stopping by! Sorry about Hoop Men T_T

(longest post I've ever written, anywhere <_< thanks for bearing with me. and posting in the first place :D)

Koen

Celestial Belgian
Reaction score
Country
Belgium

Hi Koenosaki! Aside from manga/anime I'm really interested in politics, history, economics, music, and sports. For the first I follow both domestic and foreign policy and read a lot of political science. I'm a European history buff, the next book I plan to read is about the revolutions of 1848. Economics is a new subject for me; since the current crisis began I've wanted to know as much as I can.
:worship my hero :worship

I am also interested in politics (talk with me about politics and I can't stop anymore), history (also interested but I always like to hear others on this one), economics (of course the crisis ^^) and sports. Quite amazed you're intruiged by european history. What's the most appealing in european history for you?

Kaiten

Harasho
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Yeah, I'm dangerous with politics :) I don't know how things are going on the continent right now, other then the EU elections and shenanigans in the U.K. not a lot of news have come through. It's gotten better here, but is still brutal. I've been following the rising in Iran since the election.

My favorite subjects are the middle ages, especially French, English, Byzantine, and Holy Roman Empire history. The period between the Napoleonic Wars and WWI also. I can't claim to be an expert, but I've been interested since I was a kid.

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Hi Kaiten and welcome as part of the staff ^.^

I couldn't help but notice your age. It's so rare to find someone my age or older active in the manga fan community :hug

Some personal question, but feel free not to answer if your uncomfortable with them:
* What's your job?
* Do you have family? Married? Kids? Plans?
* What OS are you using?
* What car do you drive? :nuts

That's all ^^

Kaiten

Harasho
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Hi Eni!!!!

I'm a late bloomer, didn't start reading manga until I was over 25. I figure that in Japan manga is meant for readers of all ages. What goes for the native culture should for everyone!

I work for Borders books as I go back to school to change careers.

I'm single, no kids.

Windows XP. I know it's bad but it's better then Vista.

I drive a 2002 Jetta and will buy German the rest of my life.

igotthegoods

The Giggs
Reaction score
Country
United States

Always nice to meet other indie rockers! Any bands you like right now?
Heh, I don't know if I'd really call myself an indie rocker, but I do like indie rock. I actually feel quite out of touch currently with the music scene in general, which sucks. I need to get back into it.... please do offer up some suggestions. I don't mind if you think your taste is "off." I'd say the same for mine. :sweat

Aaanyway, I did find a band called I Fight Dragons recently and find them to be really fun. I don't know if you're a gamer at all, but they use NES/SNES controllers and other various gaming accessories to make music (Nintendo power pad, Guitar Hero controller, Gameboy, etc...). The geek in me loves it! :nuts If that sounds at all interesting, you should check out their behind the scenes video.

So, do you play video games at all? If so, any favorite titles/genres?

Kaiten.Sama said:
I'm a fast food connoisseur x_X I've sampled everything greasy, fried, or nasty in the capitol area. Nasty as it is, nothing beats Wendy's at 1am ;)
Mmmmm, Wendy's. :drool

Kaiten.Sama said:
ROFL!! I found Inuyasha the exact same way: watching Family Guy/Futurama/Aqua Teen. Some nights I was to lazy to go to bed or change the channel and just watched IY. After five non - consecutive episodes I was hooked, wouldn't admit it for another month, but still. Eventually I made my way to Freelance. I ended up dropping IY around chapter 518 but am still a mod and regular poster at the Freelance forum.
This totally cracks me up. We found anime in EXACTLY the same way. At first I thought maybe you were stalking me or something :p, but now I think it's awesome. (late bloomers rule, btw :lovebunny)

Just curious but why did you drop IY when you did? I can't imagine dropping anything after so many chapters... or any manga really. Haven't dropped any so far. I always HAVE to see it through until the end. Do you think you'll ever finish it? I'm sure you've already been spoiled by now with all the details, so I could see why you wouldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.