Question - unfamiliar with the manga translation process | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Question unfamiliar with the manga translation process

RedAlexander

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello hello

I decided to take up translating as of today. Ive never done it before and im completely unfamiliar with the process.
Can anyone help me out by giving me a rundown of how im supposed to go about translating a RAW?

When I get my hands on some material to translate do I just write down the translated dialogue in a text file or am i supposed put it into RAW the itself?

Ju-da-su

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Thailand
...Just translate them down in some text file or whatever in whatever format you or your Manga Editor group decides. Tbh, there isn't anything more complicated than that, as far as translator's job goes though...We get the raw, open it up along with any text program (Microsoft Words, Notepad, whatever program that you can type your translation in) and translate...then publish it however you like. That's all there really is to how translator works though. Putting words into the raw itself isn't our job as a translator. That's what the typesetter does.

RedAlexander

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Ok sounds simple enough. Thanks for takingbthe time to help me out with this novice question.