Discussion - Unpopular Opinions | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Unpopular Opinions

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
List your unpopular opinions here. Remember to adhere to the forum rules.

For starter, mine is:

People said Tartaros was the darkest arc, but imo, Sirius Island arc and Grand Magic Games arc were darker. I think it's because of Carla's premonitions and Lucy and Levy's diary. Carla had had this power since her debut, but her premonitions in Nirvana/Tartaros (if there's one in these two arcs))/Edolas/Albareth arc were not as scary and horror as hers in Sirius Island/GMG arc.

For Sirius Island arc, FT kind of celebrated their victory against Grimoire Heart, having peaceful chitchat, and being chaotic as usual, and then Acnologia suddenly came out of nowhere and they were helpless. Got roared and gone for 7 years, leaving the non Sirius team behind, aging and surrendering to the reality, becoming the weakest guild in Fiore.

For GMG arc, everyone was having a festival the entire nation, competing against each other, not knowing that on July 7th, they met a sad destiny. I was wondering why the narrator changed from Lucy to Levy since the former had been the usual narrator, turns out Levy was the only survivor from FT. Future Lucy collapsed when she first met Natsu and co in that underground place. Natsu said this Lucy was lighter and probably successfully did a diet. Turns out it's because Future Lucy lost her right arm (damn that was dark). All those Carla's premonitions, 10,000 dragons attacking Crocus, Future Lucy death, rest of FT members in golden grassland (they are dead, damn) added more darkness into the arc. Just imagine being helpless against 10,000 dragons, and brutally murdered.....

To add the feels, here Carla's Nightmare for you

What are yours?

Last edited:

Vis

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ichiya was reigning supreme as the ultimate plot device until Wendy in Alvarez walked in.

Erza's POF is not a big deal, it's part of the theme of the series and she's a main character. If you can't handle POF, then don't read Fairy Tail.

Lucy feels more like a main character than anyone else in the show. We don't even know as much about Natsu's personality and what goes on in his mind unless he's in a fight. I feel like that's something that should be tackled. I almost feel like he needs his own spinoff. Having a narrator kind of doesn't help us know the supposed main character of the series.

Hypersexualisation is too much in this series that it sometimes cancels out the support for feminism through Erza. This sexualisation should be lessened.

Ultear, Mavis and August were the most well-written characters in the series. Out of the inner circle of main characters, I think it's Lucy. Thinking about it now, she's probably the one I enjoy the most with the exception of maybe Happy and Erza at times.

Orion

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
The Strauss family is completely useless. Lisanna should've never came back. Elfman is sssssssooooooofffffffffftttttt. And Mira is strong cause the author said so, but other than that she doesn't accomplish much.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Both the new seasons of anime were stills, indeed, but the characters were drawn more similar to the manga. They were as hot, sexy, beautiful, handsome as they are in the manga.

Last edited:

Tirl

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Mine.
1. Tartaros is the weakest dark guild from BA (maybe mid one)
2. Dragon Slayers shouldnt been from the past also as Zeref and Natsu - brothers
3. Natsu isnt the strongest
4. Lisanna better than Lucy xd

Verter

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Republic
Hiro should stop adventures for team Natsu with Alvarez arc and focus sequel on side characters who is not so strong as them.

Like Strauss siblings, Gajeel-Levy etc,

Orion

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Many people believe he is stronger than Gildarts. August, Zeref, Acnologia. Happy
Not even god can help those people then, truly a pity. Natsu not being the strongest is a cold hard fact

Ramen

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Not even god can help those people then, truly a pity. Natsu not being the strongest is a cold hard fact
Watch out, you triggered like so many people lol

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
That's fine, lol

Me trying to figure out how anyone, even fanboys/girls, after watching/reading fairy tail up to now can confidently say Natsu is the strongest.
Well with DF is one thing but like yea, nahhh he ain't there yet

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
Mine.
2. Dragon Slayers shouldnt been from the past also as Zeref and Natsu - brothers
That first one is just flat out incorrect.

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
Mine.
1. Factually incorrent
2. Agree lol
3. Fact
4. AGREE!!

WoWfan

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
100 years quest series should not have happened, it should have been left a mystery

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
Natsu x Lissana should've been a thing, since Lissana was bought back.

Ultear x Gray should've been a thing, better than the stalker relationship with Juvia! Ultear of course shouldn't have aged

Eileen shouldn't have existed, and her being Erza's mom made things even worse. The entire character is a mess, enchanting DS magic is utter bullshit. Now every grunt and their mom can use DS magic.
The old lore that Dragon taught humans Dragon Slaying magic was good enough.

Wendy shouldn't exist.

The power spike from between the Tartarus arc and Alverass arc is fucking bullshit. Our 20 year old characters becoming the strongest MAGES in the verse with one year of training is a slap in the face of every other mage in the verse.
The power-spike from timeskip in one piece was done MUCH better, 3+ years and they didn't become the strongest humans in the verse. Not even close