Discussion - Urek over hyped? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Urek over hyped?

shaheer

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
So I managed to catch up after a long time and while the battle between 2 such high ranked such as urek and lulsec would have been something to marvel at, I came out fairly disappointed.
I m not sure how the discussion thread went for the then current chapters so I m wondering if the sentiment is shared.
The guy barely damaged lulsec got hit by a barrage of attacks some of which was significant enough to make him interested enough to fight seriously then got captured in some weird dimensions which allowed lulsec to bail the fight.
The whole fight made it seem that lulsec had the whole scenario under control far better than urek and lulsec came out of it with a conviction that he can beat urek if it came to it. There were some times when urek did shine like the time he ripped a plant off but other than that... Meh.

I find gustangs and traums presence far more intimidating while ureks feels "tell don't show" type.

Am I the only one with that kind of sentiment after the "fight" ?

Jackjohsnon

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Urek's still the metric system for the characters in this series. That's the reason why SIU is using the % gimmick with him.

Also, I don't think we can take that ending as If Luslec really had the conviction he could beat Urek. Luslec himself admited he had no idea how strong was Urek. That means even If Luslec was holding back too, he can't know how much Urek is holding back in comparison to himself.

Urek's surely the strongest one between them and even stronger than the family heads. But the gap between Urek and the other family heads is not as big as many fans thought in the past. That's the main take I get from his showing.

Kiibou

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
Bruh

urek only went as far as 35% for his left arm to completely smash Luslec’s spells to smithereens

dude is still HIM.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
You can check the discussions in the archive.

Yes, I don't know how anyone can say that Urek is overhyped. He is still the top tier who has been handled the best. His goofiness helps because he isn't serious all the time. I don't know how you can find Traumerei(apathy handled terribly, which makes him look lame as an antagonist) more threatening than him.

Luslec had nothing under control, his funny faces while facing Urek were telling enough. And he is FUG's leader, of course he is going to be arrogant, but he has shown nothing which makes me think that he could be a threat to a Urek who is trying. If Urek didn't entertain people by not fighting seriously Luslec would be dead.

Urek casually destroying strong Spells and his Gorgon Strike have been more impressive than Traumerei's All Creatures's spam. Luslec is the one who needs feats showing that he can kill or rival a FH tier fghter, not Urek. Urek wouldn't have the leisure to play around like that if his opponent was Traumerei or Gustang.

That was SIU's usual way of trying to make things look ambiguous even though the power gap was clear.

shaheer

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
You can check the discussions in the archive.

Yes, I don't know how anyone can say that Urek is overhyped. He is still the top tier who has been handled the best. His goofiness helps because he isn't serious all the time. I don't know how you can find Traumerei(apathy handled terribly, which makes him look lame as an antagonist) more threatening than him.

Luslec had nothing under control, his funny faces while facing Urek were telling enough. And he is FUG's leader, of course he is going to be arrogant, but he has shown nothing which makes me think that he could be a threat to a Urek who is trying. If Urek didn't entertain people by not fighting seriously Luslec would be dead.

Urek casually destroying strong Spells and his Gorgon Strike have been more impressive than Traumerei's All Creatures's spam. Luslec is the one who needs feats showing that he can kill or rival a FH tier fghter, not Urek. Urek wouldn't have the leisure to play around like that if his opponent was Traumerei or Gustang.

That was SIU's usual way of trying to make things look ambiguous even though the power gap was clear.
I guess it was the sense of control that was missing that made me think of gojo satoru. That is "strongest" is over hyped. Gustang and traum demands respect for their overwhelming presence ureks inability to respond to Lulsec when he bailed was disappointing. I bet lulsec would be crunched to minced meat if it was zahard there.

shaheer

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
I kind of get it, but you're getting lost in the sauce; Gustang has already admitted that Urek could wipe out his entire family.
Yes and I don't doubt that very much. So far po bidau family has been disappointing to say the least. I still think he is stronger than most FH but I doubt he is overwhelmingly so. I suppose I overestimated him unlike many here and that's why his recent endeavours left me disappointed.
Particularly lulsec bailing out while urek was made incapable temporarily to prevent that along with lulsecs conviction that he has something up his sleeve to defeat urek is the bummer. I think zahard would have absolutely crushed the scene and left Lulsec to wander off with the utter existential crisis that he will never be able to defeat zahard like he did with the fug assanation attempt by Kel.
The sheer presence of zahard when they faced him vs the nearly lackadaisical scenario in urek v lulsec is ... Idk paints a more humble picture of urek in compared to zahard

Last edited:

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Urek being able to defeat the whole PB Family by himself shouldn't be a surprise. All FHs can do that, if you exclude the FHs themselves of course. That's what Traumerei was doing.

MonsterBaam

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
Its simply luslec was him. Tbh its hard to guess how much gap there would be between someone like urek who ranks 4th and luslec who is not even in top 10.

It makes things more balanced if the gap is not that big. Also luslec is leader of FUG.

Consul N

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Its simply luslec was him. Tbh its hard to guess how much gap there would be between someone like urek who ranks 4th and luslec who is not even in top 10.

It makes things more balanced if the gap is not that big. Also luslec is leader of FUG.
That isn't saying much.

Dutchy

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Urek isn't overhyped, Luslec was underhyped! He doesn't need to be as powerful as Urek, because he no doubt has a lot more experience fighting other at that level.

Also, Urek might have been taking it easy as fighting between high rankers attracts the attention of Administrators and Guardians who are known to kick people off their floor.

MonsterBaam

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
Urek isn't overhyped, Luslec was underhyped! He doesn't need to be as powerful as Urek, because he no doubt has a lot more experience fighting other at that level.

Also, Urek might have been taking it easy as fighting between high rankers attracts the attention of Administrators and Guardians who are known to kick people off their floor.
Yes. Luslec was the 🐐

Ignorant

Reaction score
Country
Dominican Republic
The fact that Urek can be comparable or stronger than FH without shiwonryu speak for itself.

I don’t like him tho. He is a goofy, silly character
With the most boring fighting style.