Battle - Uvo vs Palm | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Battle Uvo vs Palm

Demonspeed

Master Escapee Kotarou
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
What army? In the hunter exam? Killua could do it, because he can do it with or without Nen. You can't compare those guys to armed - to the teeth - men. Again, a normal army with a lazy ass commander would have been capable of killing Genthru and his boys, and they were far above Killua (at least, Genthru was). Sub, a first-class Nen user got taken out by a yo yo, and he has a higher Nen volume the Killua. A yo yo is obviously and ridiculously inferior to a Bazooka so...yeah. Killua taking an armed army isn't happening.
No. He took a real army ( one of his most badass moment:hip):

The yo-yo is not inferior to a bazooka. It's incredibly heavy and solid. Coupled with Killua's physical' s strength who can easily destroys a bazooka even without Nen and the centrifugal force it's a deadly weapon.

I don't see in what the examinees are not comparable to armed men. They have the same reflexes and their strength or durability won't make a difference against Nen users. Even if they have armors or whatever, if they haven't Nen they can't do anything.

Last edited:

KingOfNight

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
No. He took a real army ( one of his most badass moment:hip):

The yo-yo is not inferior to a bazooka. It's incredibly heavy and solid. Coupled with Killua's physical' s strength who can easily destroys a bazooka even without Nen and the centrifugal force it's a deadly weapon.

I don't see in what the examinees are not comparable to armed men. They have the same reflexes and their strength or durability won't make a difference against Nen users. Even if they have armors or whatever, if they haven't Nen they can't do anything.
First off, WTF? You obliterated my "who quoted me" Why did this happen?

Second, the picture doesn't work for me unfortunately. If you could tell me the chapter or what army it was would be enough.

Heavy, solid and with Killua's strength. But is not an anti-tank missile.

Not true. We saw those balloon soldiers capable of pushing three Nen users to the corner with just guns and swords. We know that a bunch of armed men were capable of taking out Genthru and his boys. The examinees don't have armors and weapons. And they do make difference.

Demonspeed

Master Escapee Kotarou
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
First off, WTF? You obliterated my "who quoted me" Why did this happen?

Second, the picture doesn't work for me unfortunately. If you could tell me the chapter or what army it was would be enough.

Heavy, solid and with Killua's strength. But is not an anti-tank missile.

Not true. We saw those balloon soldiers capable of pushing three Nen users to the corner with just guns and swords. We know that a bunch of armed men were capable of taking out Genthru and his boys. The examinees don't have armors and weapons. And they do make difference.
Internet problems... It has been made off-screen. He beat them just before attacking the ants in volume 23.

We can't really tell what is stronger but Killua's yo-yos inflicts blunt damages while a missile inflicts damage via explosions but Killua can uses Nen with his yo-yos and Nen users are not tough enough to just endure a missile like Uvo, they'll avoid it and they can resist to it with Ten. Normal humans won't even have time to launch it in the first place because they can't keep up with their speed, Uvo was just playing while fighting the mafia and it was extremely one-sided. If it was Feitan or another Ryodan member it would have been way faster.

I don't know who you are talking about in your 3rd paragraph and I don't remember someone taking out Gentrhu's team with weapons.

Last edited:

KingOfNight

Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Internet problems... It has been made off-screen. He beat them just before attacking the ants in volume 23.

We can't really tell what is stronger but Killua's yo-yos inflicts blunt damages while a missile inflicts damage via explosions but Killua can uses Nen with his yo-yos and Nen users are not tough enough to just endure a missile like Uvo, they'll avoid it and they can resist to it with Ten. Normal humans won't even have time to launch it in the first place because they can't keep up with their speed, Uvo was just playing while fighting the mafia and it was extremely one-sided. If it was Feitan or another Ryodan member it would have been way faster.

I don't know who you are talking about in your 3rd paragraph and I don't remember someone taking out Gentrhu's team with weapons.
Can't seem to recall it.

A missile also inflicts penetrating damage, plus explosion and burning damage. Any Nen user outside Enhancement group will be unable to resist a missile with Ten. They can dodge it or take out the attacker, but they can't keep doing that against an army.

Tsezegera stated that he prepared armed guards to take out Genthru and his team. Being the cautious man he is, surely he knows what he's doing.

Demonspeed

Master Escapee Kotarou
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Even if he said that that means those guards were probably Nen users too. Battera knew about Nen and his advisor, Tsezugera said Gon and Kil were not qualified. It means those armed guards were most likely strong Nen users.

I say it again, Killua beat an army, even if it was offscren he still did it and nobody can contest it because it's a plot point. Genthru is way stronger than Killua so he can do it even more easily.

Last edited:

KingOfNight

Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Even if he said that that means those guards were probably Nen users too. Battera knew about Nen and his advisor, Tsezugera said Gon and Kil were not qualified. It means those armed guards were most likely strong Nen users.

I say it again, Killua beat an army, even if it was offscren he still did it and nobody can contest it because it's a plot point. Genthru is way stronger than Killua so he can do it even more easily.
Nope, they were ordinary men. We saw their leader, and he's just a lazy ass military commander who got killed by Genthru the instant he came out of the game.

Do you remember the chapter?

Demonspeed

Master Escapee Kotarou
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I remember only the leader, a bit and I don't know the chapter. I don't remember about it well. Even if their leader is a normal soldier it doesn't mean the others can't use Nen. Like with Ming Jol- Ik, some of his subordinates could have Nen. If Tsezugera really hired guys without nen to beat Genthru it would mean he is pretty stupid. And he is not, I guess some soldiers are Nen users or he hired them because he was desperate.

KingOfNight

Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
They're military dudes, and since their leader is a normal guy and he got paid about the same amount as them, I doubt they are Nen users. Why would they knuckle under a lazy ass normal guy if they are Nen users?

Tsezugera isn't stupid, he's careful and will only fight when he's 100% sure of victory. This isn't stupidity, it shows that Nen users aren't invincible and will still be overwhelmed with numbers.

Phantron

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
HXH does a bad job at trying to integrate military, which is another example of Togashi trying to bite for more than he can chew as most shonen simply have the military being invisible or irrelevent.

Killua have no attacks that can affect the Dragonfly Ant that hovers in a distance where he's clearly visible, but somehow he is able to take out fighter jets that can attack far from visible range. The lobster ant's aura blast can punch through similar rank Ant's body, but cannot penetrate the frontal armor of a cheap looking tank. Yet, despite Ants having physical durability that are unmatched by humans, Ubogin is supposed to be able to withstand an anti-tank missile while taking no damage. Tsezugera's hired men are only professional mercenaries. They're not even the professional army and they're supposed to be enough to take out several decent aura users if working together.

An aura user will pretty much get slaughtered by an army if he's facing them in an open terrain. Now the guy can probably run away and hide, but that's hardly facing the army. The US army, far more potent than the army seen in HXH (which doesn't even have helicopters which would destroy aura users), would have a hard time tracking down your local murderer too if that guy covered his track well, but you wouldn't say this guy can take on the army. Aura is not magic sauce, and even a magic yoyo isn't going to do more damage than a non magical anti-tank missile. The only reason why Killua was able to disrupt the army was because that army was also controlled by Pitou which meant they're really just puppets. They're probably worse than the Mafia (who are just a bunch of guys with machine guns) in terms of skill. For example we see that when Kite was controlled by Pitou he's only capable of executing very simple punches. Therefore an army remote controlled by Ptiou can only do very basic things because they have no free will. This is why the Ants are building their army because you need some level of expertise that you can't get from puppets to make a competent army.

It's actually pretty funny since after Netero completed his training his fist is now faster than the speed of sound, so his fist speed is definitely below that prior to his trainng and yet we can assume he's already one of the most powerful guys in the world at that point. Wikipedia says the speed of a bullet is slightly slower than the speed of sound, so you can either train like Netero to have an attack that's faster than the common handgun, or just use a handgun if you're pretty sure you're not the next Netero. Perhaps originally it's intended to be a D&D thing like aura users requires aura to hit, except with the Rose we know this is most definitely not true. I don't know if it's ignorance, but the US army would easily annihilate most fictional magical worlds that do not have a 'requires magic sauce to hit' (easiest example would be One Piece), and yet most fictional worlds treat the army as if it's nothing.

Demonspeed

Master Escapee Kotarou
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Flutter has his drangonflies who helps him and there is a lot of means to hit someone even if he is flying, especially when the pilots can't even follow you with their eyes and can be killed with only one move imbued with Nen, even by just throwing a rock. Ants bodies are not necessarily harder than iron( they are just more durable than regular) humans and Bloster's attacks haven't been described as particularly strong but there is no doubt he can destroy a tank with bare hands, Bungee Gum isn't able to destroy a tank but Hisoka can easily do this with Shu or a punch.

Pitou used Ming Jol ik to control the army, she wasn't controlling all humans, she used only one of them to control the mass, it's the reason why they announced on the News that they should not go out, it would have been pointless if they were controlled. And even if they were, they wouldn't necessarily be weakened because they are not Nen users with high battle capacity like Kaito, they should even be stronger since they would be more focused on one goal. Kaito was weak because his Nen was sealed by Knuckle and Shoot and also because he couldn't fight like the strong fighter that he was, his movements were mechanical in order to train low level soldiers, who are still way stronger than normal humans( and even with that level Knuckle said it would be difficult for Gon, who has reflexes superior to normal to dodge them) a normal human wouldn't be weakened by that.

I thought the fist "faster than sound" was a bit dumb at first but it was just a pure physical feat. I guess it shows he was one of the only ones being able to do this in his era and maybe he didn't even know Nen, the fights didn't seem to be Nen battles and he acquired that speed by pure physical training. A lot of people can dodge bullets easily and Killua can dodge a knife at point blank even in his sleep. Leol's attack( a squadron leader) is said to be supersonic and Morel dodged it.

You say US army can beat them with coordination but how are they supposed to move with coordination when they are not even able to react to their attack, their weapons can't resist to Nen attacks because you can only counter Nen, with Nen( Conjurers use conditions for a reason). An army is supposed to fight another one, you really think their coordination is so good they can focus on a single moving target together? I don't think it's possible. They don't even have to run and hide, a guy like Killua can just rush and blindly destroy them, he has the reflexes and the speed to dodge absolutely anything. It would be like how Meruem defeated Knuckle and Meleoron, he reaches lightspeed and they have no time to react. When Killua passed the exam, they couldn't even understand what was happening and now he is even faster.

You can say that HXH army is not as competent as US's one but the fact is that HXH technology is similar to our world. So the army is not really that different, Killua beat an army so it's reasonable to think he could do that to US army.