Battle - Uvogin vs Youpi | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Battle Uvogin vs Youpi

Copy Panda

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
China
So? He was still an amateur in fights.
Being 100% in whichever category at that level doesn't mean you are the best in the world. In fact is a weak 100%
Example: You can't compare kurapicka 100% Enhancement to Netero 100%
Hisoka transmutation 100% > Kurapicka transmutation 100%
Razor Emission 100% > Kurapicka emission 100%
Etc.
You get the idea?
yeah

And again, his powers were built to deal with any troupe-related scenario: his Enhancement allowed him to heal very fast, and guard against BBI punches~

Also, I keep saying, yes, Kurapika could be considered an 'amateur' but his powers were so specifically built to deal with the troupe compensated that

-Nen doesn't enhance your speed. And kurapicka doesn't have his power mutiplied x10 like you are stating, he only can access 100% in all categories, that's all..
-LOL nope, that was a chart of arm-wrestling not enhancement power. Phinx hatsu beats BBI easily.
How does Phinks' hatsu beat BBI? BBI is faster and deals more instant power?

Kanmuru

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
yeah
And again, his powers were built to deal with any troupe-related scenario: his Enhancement allowed him to heal very fast, and guard against BBI punches~

Also, I keep saying, yes, Kurapika could be considered an 'amateur' but his powers were so specifically built to deal with the troupe compensated that
Not his powers, his chain..

How does Phinks' hatsu beat BBI? BBI is faster and deals more instant power?
I was talking about raw power. Because you quoted the chart like it was about power, but it's actually for arm-wrestling.

Demonspeed

Master Escapee Kotarou
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Global Moderator Notice:
Keep your cool guys, no need to be that aggressive just because you disagree with him.~ Demonspeed

XXGenesis

Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
I apologize Demonspeed, heighten emotions while reasoning can lead to aggressive post, my fault Kanmaru.

The Arm wrestling contest and chart is a scale of all of the spiders physical Strentgh. You can look this up anywhere thats what it represents.
Uvogin Is at the top of this list because physically he's the strongest. That was evident from his showings against the The Mafia and Kurapicka's confidence of his Chain Jail being unbreakable to the rest since the strongest member couldn't bust out.

He has the highest defense and physical Offence. 2nd to his Strentgh physically is another enhancer Sphinx who does not posses the fire power or tank like defense Uvogin does but is in his own right as #2 above Hisoka and under Uvogin is physically still a beast

& No Cyclone Ripper is not better or stronger than BBI. Sphinx has to rotate his arms mutiple times to attain an aura that still wouldn't be comparable to BBI power...much less there has to be a limit to his number of rotations if not that would be a broken ability, only Kurapicka is really broken but with sufficient reasons.

To you Kanmaru..We're all debating but when you simply state your opinion with out backin it up with references or examples from the manga, it's just your opinion & and not a fact or truth...Everyone has an opinion and is entitled to one. This is an intelligent debate amongst fans, back up your opinions with some evidence from the manga to support your claims. Instead of stating things because you simply believe them to he perspective ly true.

Kanmuru

Reaction score
Country
Argentina
The Arm wrestling contest and chart is a scale of all of the spiders physical Strentgh. You can look this up anywhere thats what it represents.
Uvogin Is at the top of this list because physically he's the strongest. That was evident from his showings against the The Mafia and Kurapicka's confidence of his Chain Jail being unbreakable to the rest since the strongest member couldn't bust out.

He has the highest defense and physical Offence. 2nd to his Strentgh physically is another enhancer Sphinx who does not posses the fire power or tank like defense Uvogin does but is in his own right as #2 above Hisoka and under Uvogin is physically still a beast

& No Cyclone Ripper is not better or stronger than BBI. Sphinx has to rotate his arms mutiple times to attain an aura that still wouldn't be comparable to BBI power...much less there has to be a limit to his number of rotations if not that would be a broken ability, only Kurapicka is really broken but with sufficient reasons.

To you Kanmaru..We're all debating but when you simply state your opinion with out backin it up with references or examples from the manga, it's just your opinion & and not a fact or truth...Everyone has an opinion and is entitled to one. This is an intelligent debate amongst fans, back up your opinions with some evidence from the manga to support your claims. Instead of stating things because you simply believe them to he perspective ly true.
The chart is only for arm-wrestling.. He's the definitely the strongest physically but that doesn't mean his hatsu is the strongest.

Ripper Cyclotron is actually broken because he has such a terrible condition (spining his arm a lot of times) He can be killed while just preparing his punch.
15 times where enough to just explode a chimera ant, BBI only broke kurapicka reinforced arm (ants are a lot tough than humans, not in this case, but do the math) If he spins his arm 100 times, don't you think it will surpas BBI? It will, easily.
Phinx was named a lot of times here, being maybe the only one who can hurt meruem with a punch, because of how broken his hatsu is. I'm not saying stupid things.. (Again, I'm talking about RAW power, not his viability in actual fighting scenarios)

I don't simply state my opinion I readed the manga a lot of times and I give you examples everytime, you're the one that just tell me "no, uvo is the strongest men on earth. look at the arm-wrestling chart, you're wrong" xD

Last edited:

Machi-tan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
It's true that phinx's condition is: The more he rotates his arm, the stronger that the punch is. And it is indeed broken, but again my friend you miss two details:

1.) Uvo used his charged attack on the reinforced arm of a combatant whose Hatsu was CREATED for the sole purpose of fighting him.
Vs
Phinx using his rotation on a weaker level Ant who had no Hatsu defense up (Or even aura up for that matter) and let him get the free shot in because he was cocky.

If anyone else let phinx get a free shot in, they'd be smashed... especially with 'no aura'. Even Adult Gon would be hardpressed to tank an attack from phinx with no aura up at all. Aura is everything in this show. And the fact the ant let phinx hit him with no aura active, makes the comparison between the two clashes kind of silly.

2.) A condition is not exclusive of a persons aura compacity. It only preforms optimally for a certain situation.

It's true that Phinx could wind up his fist say.... 100000x times and probably split the world in half... but not really. Remember when Knuckle explained that most people have XXX amount of aura, but can usually only put out 'so much' of it at once? BBI is probably only like... 1/10th of Uvo's actual aura compacity, but that's all he can fire in one shot. Phinx is different, he gets to by-pass his output limit by stacking the condition and releasing WAY much more aura than he should be able to.

So what's the point? Phinx's feats aren't Godly by any standard. Even if he can empty ALL his aura into one attack, as amazing as that attack might be, it's only worth what he's capable of fully. Yes, by that really watered down math, Phinx can fire all his aura in one shot and do the job of say... 5 BBIs in one punch but then his clip is empty.

The difference between Uvo and phinx is like the difference between a 1 bullet shotgun, and a fully loaded hand cannon. They both hit hard, phinx his unloads it all in a single go if he wants to, but then he's out of aura, and also pays whatever price is in place for the condition of the attack.

Kanmuru

Reaction score
Country
Argentina
The reinforced arm was just a 100% enhancer reinforcement, that wasn't part of the anti-spider hatsu. (at that time kurapicka was still a rookie so his 100% shouldn't be that strong, this leads me to think uvo's BBI is not that great)

I agree in almost everything you state about uvo and phinx. Clearly BBI is better suited for fights and phinx is not going to spin his arm 1000times in a real fight.
The whole point of that explanation/example was because xxGenesis was arguing that BBI is the strongest enhancer-like hatsu in the world and that's not true at all.
About the limit you point out on Ripper Cyclotron.. I think there's no limit to the power phinx can reach. Why? because conditions actually make NEN absolutely broken. Kurapicka is the perfect example and Gon, who became the strongest human in the world just by saying "I don't care if it's over" (this one is a little extreme but you get the point)

Copy Panda

Reaction score
Country
China
> can't accept BBI is strong, even though Kurapika stated his mastery over Enhancement Nen becomes 100% (not his 100%, the general, actual 100%)
> 'Gon became the strongest human in the world'

XXGenesis

Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
Arm wrestling is directly related to one's physical Strentgh...That's why he's
#1 and Sphinx is #2....They are physically the strongest, stop saying it last just a arm wrestling chart because it's not.
No one said Uvogin had the strongest hatsu. He has the strongest enhancer Hatsu seen amongst the spiders
You were denying all of this for what reason I don't know.

BBI is better than Ripper Cyclone in several ways. BBI has no condition, vow or limit to it what so ever. Uvogin simply uses KO and punches, his aura shifting I also perfect for he doesn't stay vulnerable for very long......Ripper Cyclone has conditions and or course limits. The person has to rotate their arm multiple times to get anywhere near the power of BBI....Sphinx can't summon that much aura naturally, this is where Ripper cyclone comes in and under his condition he can attack with more aura that he can summon naturally and pound his opponenet

I'm not calling anyone here stupid but Kanmaru boi oh boi you come with one silly statement after the other......Seriously Sphinxs can rotate his arm forever to punch the King and hurt him......Smh sigh thats how I know no matter what I write you'll always have your own misinformed opinion about HxH characters

Nen abilities aren't limitless. Sphinxs cannot rotate his arm to threaten the King in anyway what so ever. Anyone is crazy to think that. 1) Sphinxs sets a condition to his Hatsu, it allows him to summon an large amount of aura to his fist and he can increase the amount with a rotation...Their is limit to this! He can't go on forever at best he could use all his aura for one grand attack...Uvogin has no drawback like this he can summon a shît load of aura use BBI repeatedly until he's out of aura...While Sphinxs would have to rotate past 15 spins and repeat the same amount of spins again just to attack.
Uvogin was too class enhancer stop arguing this because their are no other examples of such great Enhacer skills, because Sphinxs doesn't have those feats

Sadly Kanmaru your bias all the way....If we were talking about Kurapicka you would mention 100% everything, His feats against Uvogin etc Etx and play him out to be unbeatable....But vice versa when it comes to Uvogin you play him out to be some chump because Kurapicka beat him. I'm tired of explaining how Haxx and OP Kurapicka is against the spiders and his Nen amount n ability.......I'll leave you to ya personal ignorance.....I can't get over that Sphinx Hatsu could hurt the king statement Lol

Copy Panda

Reaction score
Country
China
Still, it'd be fun to think that Sphinx and Meleoron together could take out the king :')

He'd literally have no idea as to what hit him

Machi-tan

Reaction score
Country
United States
Phinx's cyclone isn't broken. It's limited, by how much aura phinx has. Phinx can't naturally release more aura than he has. Even if he winds it up until he's blue in the face he's only capable of launching an attack 100% of his aura amount over all. Even if it provides him a small boost for getting to a certain point and fires out like 120% of his attack power, that's it. That's all he can get to. He isn't able to put out more aura than he physically has, that's not possible.

Kurapika vs Uvo is the same as Pitou vs Gon in a lot of regards. Both had vows and covenants and both got power that they might've been able to achieve through years of training in exchange for the victory vs a certain group/person. Saying Kurapika was an amateur over and over isn't that accurate, he physically is superior to everyone at this point (main crew) Cept for maybe Killua. And even Killua was freaking out over how strong over all he seemed. I think Killua being completely dumbfounded at his power up says alot, because Kill isn't easily impressed.

The dagger on his heart has an effect on his Nen as a whole when fighting spiders, his aura is more potent and his skills are more vicious when used against them. That combined with his Scarlet eyes makes it completely understandable. In fact we shouldn't down play Uvo for losing that fight:

Remember when BBI landed at '100%'? That's bs. It wasn't 100%. Uvo himself went into complete zetsu to hide and strike, he barely had any wind up time, and Kurapika revealed that he had chains around Uvo the whole time he was darting around that was slowly suppressing his aura. So if he was in Zetsu (aura basically at 0-10%) and was forced to stay there by Kurapika thanks to the chain, even if he got some aura out, there's no way that hit under those two suppression was close to 100% of what he could do.

1.)Kurapika had a deathvow that effected his aura
2.)He planned this fight for years.
3.)He had the element of surprise (Uvo not knowing his Hatsu, while Kurapika had time to come up with how to deal with his)
4.)He had 100% in all categories.
5.)He was quietly smothering Uvo's aura from the very start of the battle.

With these many Handicaps, it's amazing that Uvo managed to get any Damage in at all. I mean even with a death/covenant, A skilled nen user could excel to a level equal to defeating Meruem... (Looking at you Gon) so i don't get why Uvo is being picked on for losing against the same class of power ups.

XXGenesis

Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
Phinx's cyclone isn't broken. It's limited, by how much aura phinx has. Phinx can't naturally release more aura than he has. Even if he winds it up until he's blue in the face he's only capable of launching an attack 100% of his aura amount over all. Even if it provides him a small boost for getting to a certain point and fires out like 120% of his attack power, that's it. That's all he can get to. He isn't able to put out more aura than he physically has, that's not possible.

Kurapika vs Uvo is the same as Pitou vs Gon in a lot of regards. Both had vows and covenants and both got power that they might've been able to achieve through years of training in exchange for the victory vs a certain group/person. Saying Kurapika was an amateur over and over isn't that accurate, he physically is superior to everyone at this point (main crew) Cept for maybe Killua. And even Killua was freaking out over how strong over all he seemed. I think Killua being completely dumbfounded at his power up says alot, because Kill isn't easily impressed.

The dagger on his heart has an effect on his Nen as a whole when fighting spiders, his aura is more potent and his skills are more vicious when used against them. That combined with his Scarlet eyes makes it completely understandable. In fact we shouldn't down play Uvo for losing that fight:

Remember when BBI landed at '100%'? That's bs. It wasn't 100%. Uvo himself went into complete zetsu to hide and strike, he barely had any wind up time, and Kurapika revealed that he had chains around Uvo the whole time he was darting around that was slowly suppressing his aura. So if he was in Zetsu (aura basically at 0-10%) and was forced to stay there by Kurapika thanks to the chain, even if he got some aura out, there's no way that hit under those two suppression was close to 100% of what he could do.

1.)Kurapika had a deathvow that effected his aura
2.)He planned this fight for years.
3.)He had the element of surprise (Uvo not knowing his Hatsu, while Kurapika had time to come up with how to deal with his)
4.)He had 100% in all categories.
5.)He was quietly smothering Uvo's aura from the very start of the battle.

With these many Handicaps, it's amazing that Uvo managed to get any Damage in at all. I mean even with a death/covenant, A skilled nen user could excel to a level equal to defeating Meruem... (Looking at you Gon) so i don't get why Uvo is being picked on for losing against the same class of power ups.
Kurapicka Covered Uvogin in a invisible Chain Jail using IN tricking Uvogin into thinking he was manipulating real chains....He doesn't activate the ability until after he takes Uvogin BBI and heals from the damage.

So Yes Uvogin was using 100% of his aura...He went into Zetsu while Hiding in the cloud dust....Still Age Years equal experience..experience equals polished Skill & ability...Uvogin wasn't a slouch at training nor was he a young whipper snapper....He doesn't need any charge time like Gon & he can use much more aura to attack with....So transitioning from Zetsu to a BBI isn't a big deal for someone of his skill....

*Feitan who's obviously skilled wasn't at peak condition vs Zazaban, he was rusty So guarding up after a failed KO strike is understandable his opponent also used emission to hit him right after

Machi-tan

Reaction score
Country
United States
It has nothing to do with being a young whipper snapper. And everything to do with impact. Charge time is still essential, even Netero has a wind up time on his technique that took him decades of throwing punches in the snow to beat.

Copy Panda

Reaction score
Country
China
He was only charging up the Zero Hand tho, not the entire technique

XXGenesis

Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
It has nothing to do with being a young whipper snapper. And everything to do with impact. Charge time is still essential, even Netero has a wind up time on his technique that took him decades of throwing punches in the snow to beat.
Wait...CORRECTION.....Uvogin was using IN not ZETSU....IN hides your Aura..ZETSU stops your flow...I went back to re-read.
The debate here is Was Uvogin using 100% power?

The answer is Yes. Why because he evidently went from 20% to 50% to 100%. Kurapicka's chain was covering him most of the fight....Chain Jail puts Spiders in Zetsu...No Nen at all....So he was using 100% of his power when he said he was because Kurapicka didn't activate his chain until the end of the fight.

What evidence do you have that he wasn't???

ZakAtakk

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
I think being destroyed by Youpi's overwhelming power is probably how Uvo would've wanted to go out given the choice.

howdydodah

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I'm sorry but everyone seem to forget how physically powerful uvon really is... note he didn't use his aura up until he caught the rocket. http://mangafox.me/manga/hunter_x_hunter/v09/c075/3.html

http://mangafox.me/manga/hunter_x_hunter/v09/c078/5.html
And here the sword didn't even make a dent with just his base aura used. And the bloody nose kurapica's punch made just shows how physically strong kurapica in that period of time as well(although that phys str increase can be attributed to ET's massive boost in both physical and nen pow levels).

And I must argue enhancers do get speed enhancements since. Reinforcement type nen boosts the natural abilities of nen users. Killuas god speed only affects speed not his overall damage/strength level. He not so much as give a tickle to yupi when they met up.

Just to clarify. Kurapica's hax skill is only applicable to chain jail it was all ET when he partly blocked BBI.

and to top it all off
http://mangafox.me/manga/hunter_x_hunter/v09/c080/19.html
Zaoldyeck, Ryodan, and Zodiacs are in equal footing in my bet when it comes to 1v1 fights.
So when silva said dont mess with the Ryodans, you've gotta be in the wrong state of mind to fight their most physically strong member.

Uvon is no joke combat wise. You see despite the RG's quick advancement to nen they were still relatively young compared to Masters. We can see that clear as day when yupi was still confused with his abilities, not only that; combat wise it will take them more than just years to catch up to how brilliant masters fight, with exception to meruem of course.
http://mangafox.me/manga/hunter_x_hunter/v10/c084/19.html
http://mangafox.me/manga/hunter_x_hunter/v25/c264/7.html

To make this understandable. Take genthru, he was considerably more powerful and combat savy than gon. But then he was exposed to a full powered rock! w/c I bet he used his full nen defense on his stomach to defend. So even a master nen user can't defend from a pure enhancers attack unless his type can use 80% enhancement. Now to a quick lesson with nen, Killua who is considerably stronger than Gon(yes, thats a fact) cant possibly win vs Gon when it comes to arm wrestling using nen because Gon is an enhancer and killua's type is far from enhancement.
http://mangafox.me/manga/hunter_x_hunter/v10/c084/9.html

To add this all up, yupi can't possibly defend with ko because he's got no knowledge of it. With that knowledge alone Uvon has a high probability of taking advantage of that weakness and punch a hole in yupis face. If anybody wishes to argue, yupi or any other RG hasn't face a pure Reinforcement master meaning no way he can tank BBI. Yes, RG's have enormous nen power levels, but that's just it they don't know how to utilize their own potential in a fight. BTW judging from this scan Zenos power levels must be rediculously high to warrant such response from pitou. "Complete Battle Mode"
http://mangafox.me/manga/hunter_x_hunter/v25/c263/12.html

To solidify this claim, just take it from this logic. Adult gon stomped pitou, pitou acknowledged his strength as a threat to the king(on par is highly debatable). Neteru fought the king and he said he wasn't even in the top 5 list of nen users. So going back to my claim Zaoldyeck, Ryodan, Zodiac(throw beyond in there too) are on par with each other... isn't it safe to say that their most powerful members can do much of the same to an RG as Adult Gon did? Let's say Adult Gon is really powerful but the same can be said for Gin, Silva, Zeno, Uvon, Illumi, Pariston, Hisoka, Beyond don't they warrant the same power levels as well?

I apologize for the long post and if it's a bit confusing it must be because I've had to research all those scans and I was having trouble patching it all up due to all that information.

Last edited:

Copy Panda

Reaction score
Country
China
I'll be honest - your post does make sense. While it's true the guards endured a lot of punishment so to say, the people they fought against didn't use pure combat related techniques either (exceptions being Gon and Killua who are still relatively inexperienced one might argue).

Idk it doesn't seem like Uvo would be tired after using his BBi either, and Youpi doesn't seem battle savy enough to figure out how to defend with Nen... Eh, good points made

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
There is no reason for us to think youpi does not have full knowledge of pretty much all nen techniques. We saw youpi literally taking information out of kite's dead brain, I doubt they would have left something out. Not to mention the royals were handing out new hatsus for other ants (take the one cheeto got). Hatsus are usually a combination of several nen types. The ants in general had insane innate ability for nen, not to mention the royals who were literally born being able to use it and all displayed rather complex hatsu. I think it would be a huge mistake to categorize the royals as newb nen users.

howdydodah

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Wow dont remember that ever happening i'll have to review the arc, thx for the info