Predictions - Video Game Thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Predictions Video Game Thread

King Moe

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
While I understand might be a bit soon to talk about series getting video games, but honestly if Kodansha and Mashima want EZ to be very successful series with a lot of big names leaving out like AOT and such, they will need to promote it big in many formats and seeing how Mashima is avid gamer and respect to Rebecca's B-Cuber Channel having Let's Play of games, I think it's only deserving this be it's own thread on this. Plus since his past serialized works got their own respective games, it make sense Eden's Zero will get it's own line of games after all. We can discuss references in chapters of inspiration of games got into the story along what he could potential add later that can make good use for story or just what Rebecca and others could play interaction scene too. Though another main point of this is to discuss on the potential type of games EZ could revolve around and what you all think it should get as it's first game and forward.

What company you guys want to handle it along with producing, writing, composing, directing, developing, and so on for the games of EZ. Tell everyone your thoughts and explain why that would fit and workout with Eden's Zero overall. With a series like this, it got potential to work in different ways into game mechanic genres around, so please do give your honest opinion on what type of games you like to see bloom from the growing series.

I never picky with games much honestly, so there isn't much to say, but if I have to say of what type of game I would like to see from it, I think I would absolutely love if CyberConnect could work on Eden's Zero and give an Naruto Storm vibe to it, but better as with it being Sci-Fi series, it can really push boundaries of what they can do around the game from graphics, exploring, fights, writing, cutscenes, etc.. Could help it boom for a long time with right hands with it. Idk if this be first game type as it be quite amazing to see, but hopefully down the line an amazing game company like them could get the rights to produce such an beautiful experience out of it.

What you all think? Tell me your own ideas and thoughts in the thread, but do remember to be respectful to others ideas as we can agree to disagree on points, but shouldn't outright bash someone idea as again there is potential in many genre the series can work about after all. Let's be good to each other and be adults as we talk and debate. Have Fun :)!

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
Is there 24 hour spoiler rule on everywhere or not really?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I guess we can all agree that Mashima been inspired by games he played for certain stuff he added here given two of Dark Stars are inspired by FF's major antagonists.

CrZFullb

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
While I understand might be a bit soon to talk about series getting video games, but honestly if Kodansha and Mashima want EZ to be very successful series with a lot of big names leaving out like AOT and such, they will need to promote it big in many formats and seeing how Mashima is avid gamer and respect to Rebecca's B-Cuber Channel having Let's Play of games, I think it's only deserving this be it's own thread on this. Plus since his past serialized works got their own respective games, it make sense Eden's Zero will get it's own line of games after all. We can discuss references in chapters of inspiration of games got into the story along what he could potential add later that can make good use for story or just what Rebecca and others could play interaction scene too. Though another main point of this is to discuss on the potential type of games EZ could revolve around and what you all think it should get as it's first game and forward.

What company you guys want to handle it along with producing, writing, composing, directing, developing, and so on for the games of EZ. Tell everyone your thoughts and explain why that would fit and workout with Eden's Zero overall. With a series like this, it got potential to work in different ways into game mechanic genres around, so please do give your honest opinion on what type of games you like to see bloom from the growing series.

I never picky with games much honestly, so there isn't much to say, but if I have to say of what type of game I would like to see from it, I think I would absolutely love if CyberConnect could work on Eden's Zero and give an Naruto Storm vibe to it, but better as with it being Sci-Fi series, it can really push boundaries of what they can do around the game from graphics, exploring, fights, writing, cutscenes, etc.. Could help it boom for a long time with right hands with it. Idk if this be first game type as it be quite amazing to see, but hopefully down the line an amazing game company like them could get the rights to produce such an beautiful experience out of it.

What you all think? Tell me your own ideas and thoughts in the thread, but do remember to be respectful to others ideas as we can agree to disagree on points, but shouldn't outright bash someone idea as again there is potential in many genre the series can work about after all. Let's be good to each other and be adults as we talk and debate. Have Fun :)!
CyberConnect would be really good.
Koei, or Arc SystemWorks.

I don't know what would be the best type of game. If they do it right, a Musou type (with some new mechanics, like some things exclusive from the game), or RPG.
In a Musou one, it would fit with multiple enemies like soldiers, robots, etc.
Being about exploration, planets and all, something like a RPG would fit (but not a turn-based RPG, please).

A 2.5D fighter could be cool too. Something like Guilty Gear and FighterZ, or Tekken.

For a 3D Fighter, I don't know if something similar to Ninja Storm would fit EZ. But there could be a nice one.

Well.. there's a lot of options. I would be fine with a hack'n slash one, or 3D fighter. But 2.5D fighter would be good too.

Last edited:

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
CyberConnect would be really good.
Koei, or Arc SystemWorks.

I don't know what would be the best type of game. If they do it right, a Musou type (with some new mechanics, like some things exclusive from the game), or RPG.
In a Musou one, it would fit with multiple enemies like soldiers, robots, etc.
Being about exploration, planets and all, something like a RPG would fit (but not a turn-based RPG, please).

A 2.5D fighter could be cool too. Something like Guilty Gear and FighterZ, or Tekken.

For a 3D Fighter, I don't know if something similar to Ninja Storm would fit EZ. But there could be a nice one.

Well.. there's a lot of options. I would be fine with a hack'n slash one, or 3D fighter. But 2.5D fighter would be good too.
I can see those model types working out around, kinda looking for company that can bring beauty of Sci-Fi Manga as game have to capatilize on genre and themes they going for while also making the fights look just as good too.

Interesting choices as you feel for those could workout more?

CrZFullb

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I can see those model types working out around, kinda looking for company that can bring beauty of Sci-Fi Manga as game have to capatilize on genre and themes they going for while also making the fights look just as good too.

Interesting choices as you feel for those could workout more?
Workout more?

Well, I think a RPG could be good in exploration, as we are talking about a big world (universe) here with different planets and all. But I feel an RPG would somehow lack that Shounen Action (especially If it's turn based). A fight game (3D or 2.5D) would give us the wanted action. A Musou one (or hack'n slash) would be good in quantity of enemies, like a lot of robots and all, and would give us a lot of action.

So I'm good with something like this. Maybe the best choice is a fighter with some RPG/exploring elements (like Naruto Storm series did, or One Piece Unlimited Cruise/World, although the last have a lot of exploration).

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
Anyone heard the news? Eden's Zero is getting a Video Game from one of the latest announcements!

Yunkers

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Poland
I saw that, I'm so pumped up for this. I hope it won't be a low-budget jRPG though...

alekos23

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Greece
actually if you check the announcement vid it says something about two games in the description? dunno how accurate it might be of a source though.

CrZFullb

Reaction score
Country
Brazil

It already began.
It's exactly It. On one part we can see "3D action RPG" and "Mobairu" (mobile). There is a trailer.

The console one seems so good!

Cat Sidhe26

Reaction score
Country
United States
PlayStation 4

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada