Seinen - Vinland Saga by Makoto Yukimura | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Seinen Vinland Saga by Makoto Yukimura

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Re: Vinland Saga

Yeah but what does that do for Thorfinn? Remember he's the main character here...

Se3D03

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines

I'm thinking Thorfinn ain't really gonna achieve something totally big in Vinland Saga, he'll probably just become Canute's right hand or something.

Lyra Belaqua

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Lithuania

he'll probably just become Canute's right hand or something.
I don't think that what he will become will be in any way related to Canute or Askeladd. The whole thing with him ever meeting them was set up solely so that he could grow. And there's still Vinland to go to! And we still are in very early volumes here!

Hauteville House

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
France

"oddly", I think Canutie and Askeladd are the key about the story's future. I mean a lot of things depend on what the prince will do and his success, and Askeladd will act depending his evolution to the crown. Thorfinn and Thorkel are for now more of followers than actors. Well, at least little boy 'cause our Good Big Giant follows booze. heh

Thorfinn may have been shown as the main character but to me, it's now truly the old man and his awesome development! Askeladd is certainly the best character in Vinland Saga.

I do hope that, ultimatly in the future, the Vinland will come back as a dreamy goal for Thorfinn and maybe Askeladd too, knowing his hatred for warriors, wiking, danes.
Maybe he only wants now to be a shepherd.:p

baboysai

Pink Warrior
Reaction score
Country
Philippines

Dudes, I think I'd riot if Thorfinn didn't end up to be some greatest warrior or something.

I think Canute and Askeladd are important characters for the development of the whole story, laying out Thorfinn's future. But still, the earlier chapters were built up so we could see how much was taken away from Thorfinn's family, and all his grudge and vengeance to get it all back. So it would be totally fucked up if that was not resolved.

Cyanilurus

Reaction score
Country
Hungary
Re: Vinland Saga by Yukimura Makoto

Yeah, I kind of think Askeladd and Canute will drive the story, but Thorfinn will become the focus in character development section. He will probably find out what made his father the greatest warrior... but somehow, even if I can see him becoming "the" warrior, I think that will not be what determines his later life. Because his only goal is to kill Askeladd, and there is nothing like becoming a warrior.

So maybe, much like his father, he will end up with a reputation... and sheep. :)

Hauteville House

Reaction score
Country
France

Yes, I agree with the both of you and something/someone(s) certainly will pull the trigger to make Thorfinn realize that there is more to it than retaliation. It's also quite amusing to see that Askeladd, the man who killed his father and the man he hates the most, to be more close to the "true warrior" than himself.

Dudes, I think I'd riot if Thorfinn didn't end up to be some greatest warrior or something.
Then ready yourself because Thorfinn "is an idiot".heh
:p

baboysai

Pink Warrior
Reaction score
Country
Philippines

Well i understand that Thorfinn is an idiot, HH. the thing is, I'm kinda looking at his character as somewhat like Naruto... so.

-SK-

Reaction score
Country
Canada

Any ideas when the next chapter is going to come out?

Okuni Sensei

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
France

Well i understand that Thorfinn is an idiot, HH. the thing is, I'm kinda looking at his character as somewhat like Naruto... so.
Dunno if we can compare with Naruto.
Naruto is an idiot who believes he's not strong, and wants to be the best in strengh and in being a man.
Thorfinn is an idiot who believes he's strong, and looking forward to nothing but killing Askeladd. A monomaniac.
If a comparison could be made this the Naruto manga, let's take Sasuke. Thorfinn is closer to him, for now.
And it is why Thorfinn (and Sasuke, somehow) is interesting :p

But yeah, he will change, for sure. Canute and Askeladd are two people in his way that will show him the real way of a man. Thorfinn is just a kid, he will grow ^^
And I think he can grow to someone important. He's still Sigvaldi's grand-child (but in real history, the Jomsvikings are close to the end of their existance). He won't be better than Canute (impossible), but being one of his Jarls could be a great achievment. But it's just personnal assomptions.

Thorfinn may have been shown as the main character but to me, it's now truly the old man and his awesome development! Askeladd is certainly the best character in Vinland Saga.

I do hope that, ultimatly in the future, the Vinland will come back as a dreamy goal for Thorfinn and maybe Askeladd too, knowing his hatred for warriors, wiking, danes.
Maybe he only wants now to be a shepherd.
Askeladd the shepherd... I like this idea xD
He's probably closer to the idea of the true warrior. I agree, he's actually the most well-developped character for now.

Last edited:

Nguru80

Reaction score
Country
United Nations

Any chances for a non MU (also ES is bad) dl link ?
There used to be other links on RSF site but now evrything is on MU ,sometimes somethings appear on ddl, and sadlu heiji doesn't anwser any requests for other sites..
I would be thankfull for an alternative link .....

jotaro

Reaction score
Country
Brazil

Dofla,

Thanks, dude! :smile-big

It would be even greater if someone scans the chapter of Historie in this same magazine. :smile-big

Nguru80,

I'm downloading it right now. When it be done if I won't be defeated by sleepness I will upload it on a alternative link for you. :)

Edit: Could a mediafire link do? http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=aeaf146467387a19d2db6fb9a8902bda

Last edited:

Nguru80

Reaction score
Country
United Nations

Dofla,

Thanks, dude! :smile-big

It would be even greater if someone scans the chapter of Historie of the same magazine. :smile-big

Nguru80,

I'm downloading it right now. When it be done if I won't be defeated by sleepness I will upload it on a alternative link for you. :)

Edit: Could a mediafire link do? http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=aeaf146467387a19d2db6fb9a8902bda
big thanks dude:)
Amother wicked chapter of vinland saga , atm among the new serialized series this is def my fav:)

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire

Just read 47. Oh man, this series just might end up to be a classic ^^ Askeladd Just became my fav manga character. There is so much in VS, many layers. Drama, action, politics, deep and complex characters, humor and I feel like there might be some love going on later. I wonder how long the series will last. Anyway, I love it :D

Nguru80

Reaction score
Country
United Nations

That,s pretty normal in Yukimuras Mangas
Check out PLANETES if you haven't read it yet ( obviously by the same author )
I personally rate him very very high among all seinen writers

Okuni Sensei

Reaction score
Country
France

deep and complex characters
Hopefully, we have Thorkell who is far from complex : figth for fuuuuun!! XD

Love? To have love, we need some real women in the story. No one at all actually :p

Somewhere I feel deceived by the 47th. Maybe I waited it to much.
On the other hand, litt' Askeladd was really cute ^^

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire

Well, Thorkell is an exeption, and can't deny that he isn't a good character ^^ Very funny :D

The romance thing is just a little hunch. Few hints point to that direction; scenes back at Island and that girlie whose family was killed by Askeladd & Co. Of course it just a guess, and the romance could be far in the future and play only a small part. Just a wild guess ^^

I liked 47th. Askeladd is a wicked character :D

Okuni Sensei

Reaction score
Country
France

If you plan in long term, then we can add Canute. From the real history, he should be married within two years.
Maybe the "gift" of Sweyn will be his fiancée :p

I would like to see again the girl from the devasted farm. But, doesn't she a bit to... big for Thorfinn, he looks like a squirel :p

I can easilly imagine Canute and Thorfinn discussing together about how much their respective girlfriends are annoying, as every girls are.
(Just in case, I'm actually a girl :p)