Voting Round 1 - Vinland Saga vs. One-Punch Man | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 1 Vinland Saga vs. One-Punch Man

Who Wins?

• Vinland Saga

• One-Punch Man

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States

Wat? :arf

Congrats @WithYouInSpirit , Vinland Saga gets my vote thanks to your efforts and for a certain nominator's slip. I hope this turns out to be like Margi's vote in the semifinals of the Waifu Wars and you win against the mainstream manga here, I really do.
The One Punch-man does not need or want your vote Lambu, betrayer of Holo the Wise. It would only dirty the other votes.

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
But, on the bright side the fleeting taint of your presence means I have to resanctify this thread with more amazing One Punch-man fanart.

Lambu

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Eh tbh Holo would probably support him lying like that to gain an advantage. Other people have no excuse though.
Someone finally gets it! :blush

Holo would forgive me for that all the way and with little hesitation as she would do exactly the same. The fact that @Jammin cannot understand that speaks a lot of how much he really knows about Holo the Wise Wolf. :rolleyes:

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Eh tbh Holo would probably support him lying like that to gain an advantage. Other people have no excuse though.
Doesn't matter. Holo would quite possibly allow herself to be betrayed. Such is the saintliness of Holo the Wise. Much as a true hero would give his own life for the sake of others. But to actually take that life! To actually betray Holo and ultimately achieve nothing with that sacrifice... No, my friend. Our dear sweet Lambu has gone done the path to irredeemable evil.

His unrepentant claims that she would forgive him is just his tranparent black hearted attempt to exploit her kindness for his own benefit once more.

Someone finally gets it! :blush

Holo would forgive me for that all the way and with little hesitation as she would do exactly the same. The fact that @Jammin cannot understand that speaks a lot of how much he really knows about Holo the Wise Wolf. :rolleyes:
Why are you still here?! Take a hint!:yelling

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
I feel @Lambu is the main manipulator here..

Even while voting Vinland Saga(I voted it too) he left a huge ripples throughout the thread

Aizen

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yes yes this is the mandatory pick apart the oppositions arguments period of the round.
Not sure what you are getting at here, to be honest. I only tagged it because I felt you were misrepresenting somethings a bit, not as a personal attack. This is a free discussion to my knowledge, and I have pointed out several things that I think are good about both in my posts. Regardless, people know the manga's, and they are both great, so all that's left is to see the vote and continue on.

Last edited:

The President

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Prepare for a boring explanation. But remember you asked for it.
Eh I'm not going to argue with this because my knowledge on the topic is limited. Fair enough.

I'm not offended. I just don't think the historical aspect is worth even a shred of praise. Other parts of it are. Like the artwork. Which I've said.
I'm pretty sure this all started with you downgrading the series because "Its not historically accurate despite being a true story" rather then someone using its historical setting as an argument for the series.
The names aren't made up but just about everything else is.
In the grand scheme of things very little is. Some character deviations really isn't a big deal, in fact its needed. Because its not like we know anything about what they were like beyond a few key points and you can't base a story around that.

Thorfinn wasn't even known for being a warrior. He was an explorer.
I could only imagine how boring Vinland would be if it revolved around Thorfinn sailing boats and fishing for the entire manga.

It don't dispute Vinland Saga's entertainment value as an action/drama(except for the slave part on the farm which bored me nearly to tears). I do dispute it's historical value. Which is somewhere between nothing and less than nothing.:notrust
Except its historical value is FAR higher then you are making it out to be. Its not a history book, but it does portray the setting accurately and gives you a good idea of how things went down back then.

Skylent

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
France
I thought that Vinland Saga was very documented and that the author had made a lot of research. I am quite surprised to hear that you think to be that inaccurate.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Except its historical value is FAR higher then you are making it out to be. Its not a history book, but it does portray the setting accurately and gives you a good idea of how things went down back then.
So this right here is my biggest problem with it. It doesn't portray the setting accurately. There are lots of things out there that do. It fundamentally doesn't understand who vikings of that time period were and what they culture or psychology was. It reads like a Viking novel written by a Japanese guy inspired by Berserk.

If you want history and setting go read The Long Ships or play Expeditions:Viking. Those aren't exactly history books either but they do get the tone right. Vinland barely even touches on things like mysticism or fatalisim. Which is a huge part of that culture. That was how they saw the world in much the way we see it through science today.

I thought that Vinland Saga was very documented and that the author had made a lot of research. I am quite surprised to hear that you think to be that inaccurate.
I'm equally surprised that people think that about it.

The President

Reaction score
Country
Canada
So this right here is my biggest problem with it. It doesn't portray the setting accurately. There are lots of things out there that do. It fundamentally doesn't understand who vikings of that time period were and what they culture or psychology was. It reads like a Viking novel written by a Japanese guy inspired by Berserk.

If you want history and setting go read The Long Ships or play Expeditions:Viking. Those aren't exactly history books either but they do get the tone right. Vinland barely even touches on things like mysticism or fatalisim. Which is a huge part of that culture. That was how they saw the world in much the way we see it through science today.
It does portray the setting accurately, just because the author decides to focus on the 'warfare' aspect of the period and doesn't touch up on some other things you want him too doesn't mean he's not portraying things right. He has the warfare, characters and sequence of events right down to a T, honestly you are asking for way too much.

I'm equally surprised that people think that about it.
Well thats cause its true, he even went to Iceland for research on the subject.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
It does portray the setting accurately, just because the author decides to focus on the 'warfare' aspect of the period and doesn't touch up on some other things you want him too doesn't mean he's not portraying things right. He has the warfare, characters and sequence of events right down to a T, honestly you are asking for way too much.
He really doesn't but believe what you want.:eyeroll

Well thats cause its true, he even went to Iceland for research on the subject.
And he got really good a drawing viking stuff in the process. Not great at understanding it though apparently.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

More importantly it's time for another daily dose of glorious One Punch-man fanart.:amuse

Last edited:

Static

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
India
@syx You da best bro :clingy

Reactions: syx
Status
Not open for further replies.