News - VIZ One Piece plus licensing announcements | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

News VIZ One Piece plus licensing announcements

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
VIZ has announced that they will be releasing five volumes of One Piece every month from January of 2010 till June. The push will consist of volumes 24 - 53. The latest Japanese chapters will begin serialization in U.S. Shonen Jump this fall.

VIZ also announced that the first volume of Rosario + Vampire Season II will go on sale April 10, 2010. Biomega, Crown of Love, Stepping on Roses, and Flower in a Storm were the other announced manga licenses. The second Bleach movies and a Death Note TV special were also licensed.

Rejuvenation

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Excellent news. I've been waiting for them to do this for years. I'm sure others have too.

I actually didn't know they got so far with Rosario+Vampire though.

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
They're already up to volume 7 of the Monthly Jump series. It's establishing itself as one of the most popular manga in the states, it's not surprising VIZ is starting to make a big deal of it.

Some extra attention for OP was a long time coming. I understand that Naruto needed to be caught up first, but I'm glad VIZ is finally putting some muscle behind One Piece. Then you have the Inuyasha rush coming in between.

Rejuvenation

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm actually surprised it has become so popular. Well, I'll be even more surprised if II sells even better than I. (Thinks II has been vastly inferior outside of Mizora arc) >.>

I'm actually hoping that with One Piece caught up it will boost the sales and the fanbase here. Some of the arcs that those volumes cover helped to bring more people into the fold online.

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Yes!!! I have wanted this for so long....mostly since I started reading Edited Mangas online.

kamina

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
This is really great news. This is really what OP needed after being shafted by VIZ in favor of Naruto for so long.

I was already planning to buy the rest someday, but this seals the deal, even though I won't have that much cash to spare with me going to college in september... VIZ, please take the part of my wallet that isn't taken by FUNi yet~~

ssjohn

Reaction score
Country
United States
This is awesome news, its not really shocking after the announcement that the latest chapters will be coming in SJ, but its good news and I look forward to reading it :)

But here is my problem with it, if they are going to be doing the 'latest chapters' they are still going to be volumes behind because 53 'just came out' in japan and if that's not going to come out until January then they will still be what around 4 volumes behind ?

Sexy Randal 105

Reaction score
Country
United States
I want to stop buying manga. It's probably good nothing is coming out. @_@

Mushashi

Reaction score
Country
Australia
bout time this got on a speeed train, 5 volumes a month thats ridiculous haha. awsome thought.