Discussion - Vows and how to beat Komugi | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Vows and how to beat Komugi

Kanmuru

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
So, I was reading parts of the manga again (like I do every few months :mono) and I'm thinking could post rose meruem finally take a game out of komugi given plenty of time?
We know the reason why komugi is seemingly unbeatable at gungi is because of a nen vow, she puts her life on the line. This is a Gon vs Pitou situation.
So, as smart as meruem was, will he be able to beat the vow or the vow itself will keep getting komugi as good as it needs to keep winning?
If you can't beat komugi by your wit alone (even if you are beyond human levels of inteligence) Do you need to create a vow bigger than hers?
Like putting your life in line for just one game, instead of all the games you can play without losing. Will that be enough?

What do you guys think you need to do in order to defeat komugi at her own game?

Ps: sorry if this is hard to read, I'm rusty with my english 😿

Last edited:

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Sure, she vowed to kill herself, but her ability must simply enhance her Gungi skills. Even during one of their final matches she was growing. I don't think it's possible to beat her in this, unless you can grow at a rate fast enough to keep up or without analyzing her habits in order to defeat her.

Meruem's analysis skills grew by playing with her and yet he couldn't defeat her. I don't think he would use it, but with the ability to read emotions and stuff he got after eating Pouf and Youpi, I could see him beating her.

Kanmuru

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Sure, she vowed to kill herself, but her ability must simply enhance her Gungi skills. Even during one of their final matches she was growing. I don't think it's possible to beat her in this, unless you can grow at a rate fast enough to keep up or without analyzing her habits in order to defeat her.

Meruem's analysis skills grew by playing with her and yet he couldn't defeat her. I don't think he would use it, but with the ability to read emotions and stuff he got after eating Pouf and Youpi, I could see him beating her.
I have to agree.
Is crazy to me that meruem can't top that, he is supposed to be so much better at anything, but i guess komugi situation is rather unique.
Let's say she lived her entire life playing gungi, became a world champion and on top of that she has one of the strongest nen vows.
I wonder if given the right conditions you can also have a fighter that can beat meruem in straight 1v1 without losing his life afterwards (adult gon case)