Hangout - Waifu Wars 2020 - Hangout | Page 11 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Hangout Waifu Wars 2020 - Hangout

ForSeaGle

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Only got nominated because someone took Kaguya from @ForSeaGle Yoruichi Shihoin
I was fresh out of watching s2 ep3 of Kaguya-sama. :love
Felt like nominating her and nuke everyone with her cuteness.
But she was already taken :darn
So I went for Yoruichi.

Looking back on the series, gathering more details and pics about her.
Made me realize how good Yoruichi is to me.
In the end, it's good that it happened this way.
I got to know Yoruichi even better. Now I love her even more.

The ultra sexy GOD of Thunder will always have a special place in my heart :hurr

Although, I wonder... :grumble
If Sam is glad he didn't have to face me in glorious battle :kappa

DaGreatNoodles

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Sir’s 2020 Waifu Wars Reflective
I’ve let the bitter juices of defeat stew for a few days now and I’ve done some reflecting. Was I in the wrong by being a toxic cunt? Yes. Was Mai winning the right result? Comparing the waifus, no. Considering what was said and done, yes. U mad bro? Is Trump’s spray-tan so orange they should consider renaming the fruit to “Donald”? (That’s a rhetorical question and a yes) No one is perfect, and I have many flaws; the flaw I’m about to express is my sodium level so please kick back, relax and enjoy my take on my campaign, and the wars thus far.

Part 1: The Musashi Campaign
I had dreams. They were beautiful dreams, but much like how COVID has disrupted lives I pissed my dreams up the wall. A dream start with a Round 1 bye and then a winnable match against Kaguya which went better than expected in Round 2; I couldn’t have hoped for better. But like many people, I soon found myself haunted by my past. A war where I thought I would only be dealing with quality send me quite the devil to trigger trauma from my past as a mod: a user with a Fairy Tail name. No offence to the bloke, he’s a good guy, but given how he holds himself I’d expect better. That said, he brought a good fight and brought the worst out in me so fair play to him. But, everything- every success, every failure- is a learning experience. A moment of weakness and stupidity does not define, but it provides opportunity to refine and grow. Defeat before the quarterfinals and the prospect of finally facing Erin in the wars make a man hungrier. I shall adapt, overcome and come 2021, Musashi and I shall conquer all.
@Gajeel I say two things to you. Firstly, well done on a good campaign so far, you’d have my vote if I didn’t object on a sodium level. Secondly, you have my respect and I shall give you all the respect you deserve; hopefully served with a Day1/Night1 Mafia kill the next time fate so grants us the opportunity to meet there. Try and do what I couldn’t do and win the war, because if it’s not me then I hope it’s you Erin.

Part 2: The nominations
It’s been a mixed bag this year hasn’t it? Some class, but unfortunately not all nominations can be cut from the same superior cloth. So let’s look at the great, the good, and the why.
The great, strong, kick-ass women:
The flower at the apex of heaven Miyamoto Musashi
FFVII Remake only exists so she could have more polygons Tifa Lockhart
Everyone falls for me, even Shigeru Seiko Osabe
The Erin nomination Amir Helgar
Gorillas can be cute too! Kohaku
Wooden’t have a clue where she’s from Balso Yonsa
Don’t investigate my internet history Kyoko Kirigiri
Thighs, Sex Goddess and Underworld Goddess; what a resume Rin Tohsaka

The good:
I liked Futaba more Mai Sakurajima
C.C
Only got nominated because someone took Kaguya from @ForSeaGle Yoruichi Shihoin
Fiesty lil thang Yoko Littner
Enjoy being on the watchlist Marmy Marnie
Who #1? Tsukasa Yuzaki
Who #2? Scarlet El Vandimion
Maybe next year Econ won’t throw with her nom Katarina Claes
Greatest achievement is shooting an arrow Kaguya Shinomiya
Yor nomination is cute I guess Yor Forger

The why?
Post Traumatic Sister Disorder Barmaid Mirajane Strauss
I dropped the og evangelion dub because her voice is shit Misato Katsuragi
The kira nomination Seju Baek
Avoiding putting anything in her basket Tohru Honda
Wow, one of the few MHA girls who isn’t underage Midnight

It’s been fun this year, and there’s still a couple of potential surprises left. To those who supported the Musashi campaign, thank you. To those who didn’t, you have a year to better your tastes; treat it like a training arc :kappa

May all your meals be salty ones, and I hope you all can develop some tastebuds for next year :)
-Sir
I was actually trying to find C.C. from the list you made, but I didn't find her at first (yes, you can say I'm stupid). Then, I saw a video about pizza and Spider-Man in the middle. While I was watching Jameson and his pizza, I was thinking: "Wait a minute, C.C. loves pizza that must be about her!" I was right... I found her name on the right. I must be blind as a mole. I really need some glasses even though I already wear a pair (a magnifying glass might be better).:Haha

Speaking of pizza, I thought about how my campaign went wrong (well, it didn't start as good as expected). Mentioning useless stuff like favorite pizzas was not a great strategy on my part, especially if it doesn't explain the character's greatness. Actually, pizza didn't explain why C.C. was a great Waifu, so it went against my campaign. Personally, I think nominating C.C. as best waifu was not my best bet because she is still a confusing character even today. There was also some unrelated sentences that I wrote, but I can't quote them since the thread is blocked. If someone has any comments concerning my brief C.C. campaign, I would be glad to hear them!

ForSeaGle

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
I was actually trying to find C.C. from the list you made, but I didn't find her at first (yes, you can say I'm stupid). Then, I saw a video about pizza and Spider-Man in the middle. While I was watching Jameson and his pizza, I was thinking: "Wait a minute, C.C. loves pizza that must be about her!" I was right... I found her name on the right. I must be blind as a mole. I really need some glasses even though I already wear a pair (a magnifying glass might be better).:Haha

Speaking of pizza, I thought about how my campaign went wrong (well, it didn't start as good as expected). Mentioning useless stuff like favorite pizzas was not a great strategy on my part, especially if it doesn't explain the character's greatness. Actually, pizza didn't explain why C.C. was a great Waifu, so it went against my campaign. Personally, I think nominating C.C. as best waifu was not my best bet because she is still a confusing character even today. There was also some unrelated sentences that I wrote, but I can't quote them since the thread is blocked. If someone has any comments concerning my brief C.C. campaign, I would be glad to hear them!
If she doesn't like pizza, she is not worth our precious time on this earth. :smile-big

On a more serious note, having plenty of good fanart of a character, can help a lot. Yay for eyecandy :hee
That pic in your signature is so good, wish there was more like that.

Also, I was going to fight pizza with pizza.
Nothing photoshop can't fix :blush

So basicaly, you prevented me from using my final form.
In light of that, your campaign was a perfect success.

Obviously all part of the plan :heh

DaGreatNoodles

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
France
If she doesn't like pizza, she is not worth our precious time on this earth. :smile-big

On a more serious note, having plenty of good fanart of a character, can help a lot. Yay for eyecandy :hee
That pic in your signature is so good, wish there was more like that.

Also, I was going to fight pizza with pizza.
Nothing photoshop can't fix :blush

So basicaly, you prevented me from using my final form.
In light of that, your campaign was a perfect success.

Obviously all part of the plan :heh
Thanks a lot ForSeaGle! Yes, you're right, fanart was probably the answer to my problems. I only went to Google Images (that's pretty dumb) to search the pictures. Since, I'm a new member, so I didn't know how to insert normal pictures (whenever I put a pic, it turned out weird). That was another weakness I had.​
To be honest, it was Erinyes that did most of the work. The signature picture was actually my reward. :XD That is why, right now, I need to repay my debt to her. Well, she did make me discover the incredible universe of A Bride's Story. Plus, Amir is a wonderful character (she has all the qualities to be a great Waifu) and deserves competing at least in the final.​
So, thanks again Erinyes ! :zomg

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I only ctrl f'd to see if you'd mention Rin and you barely did smh
Honestly I thought I only needed to go and mention rin being great, but now that I think about it I can't remember her campaign at all. Turns out the reason is she had no campaign against Gorilla-kun which is a shame and that honestly is a great disappointment for one of the best waifus that got nominated. You can't just nominated a girl and slip out guys, that's just bad campaigning and you can do better (circumstances providing but still, be the simp your waifu deserves).
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I was fresh out of watching s2 ep3 of Kaguya-sama. :love
Felt like nominating her and nuke everyone with her cuteness.
But she was already taken :darn
So I went for Yoruichi.

Looking back on the series, gathering more details and pics about her.
Made me realize how good Yoruichi is to me.
In the end, it's good that it happened this way.
I got to know Yoruichi even better. Now I love her even more.
Aren't you glad I gave you the push to join the war? :kappa You did well for your first time, and with a better candidate than Kaguya if we're all honest.

Although, I wonder... :grumble
If Sam is glad he didn't have to face me in glorious battle :kappa
Nah Yoruichi is one bug I'd of loved to have splattered over my windscreen because you had a good campaign so it's more satisfying to take one of those down than someone who barely posts/doesn't post at all.

ForSeaGle

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Aren't you glad I gave you the push to join the war? :kappa You did well for your first time, and with a better candidate than Kaguya if we're all honest.
Yes I am, it was a good experience.

Nah Yoruichi is one bug I'd of loved to have splattered over my windscreen because you had a good campaign so it's more satisfying to take one of those down than someone who barely posts/doesn't post at all.
If I randomly invade you in Dark Souls 3, I will not hold back.
You have been warned. ;bash

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
If I randomly invade you in Dark Souls 3, I will not hold back.
You have been warned. ;bash
Yes, raid me when I stream Dark Souls 3 and let my stream blow up when the clip of my salty arse blows up. Such a good mate seagle :kappa

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
Wow, I can't believe you Econ! How dare you give me flashbacks of @Belserion Mikasa campaign and how it ruined the Rindou train in the first ever Waifu Wars :emocat I was robbed, damn it
I give myself PSTD bring that up, fyi.

Mikasa is a jokefu

Juviii

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Panda is complaining about Rin but he didn't nominate her, he let someone dine and dash on her, leaving her with no campaign. Shame on you and your bamboo, @Copy Panda

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Panda is complaining about Rin but he didn't nominate her, he let someone dine and dash on her, leaving her with no campaign. Shame on you and your bamboo, @Copy Panda
TRUE :lmao

Work or not, he did as you said and then they no-showed her in the 2nd round! A tragedy not even Shakespeare could've written :XD

Copy Panda

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
China
To be fair, if Mango didn't ping me every round to tell me what's up, I wouldn't even have noticed CC and Rin were up in the running xD

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
The semifinals are over!

Here are the results!

Semifinals
Aw, now there'll be an end to the Econ salt train :emocat

Amir vs Tifa is a decent final, but severely lacking in Vitamin Musashi :nah

Reactions: Sky