Hangout - Waifu Wars 2022 - Hangout | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Hangout Waifu Wars 2022 - Hangout

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
The winner has been decided. Had over here now to bow!

The detailed results are over here as usual.

Last edited:

Demonspeed

Master Escapee Kotarou
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Both substance and form are indeed important 😤.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I'm gonna try, but keep in mind this is only my second year doing this. I'm not as experienced as some of the other participants...
Have confidence, put your thoughts and feelings out there and if all else fails, A N A T O M Y :XD

Asako

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
Wasn't it a mix of that and pity that won you last game sam

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Wasn't it a mix of that and pity that won you last game sam
The detractors might say pity was involved but I gave a definitive campaign nonetheless 😤

And I'll deliver another definitive campaign this year for my Queen Skadi!

Asako

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
Well too bad for you sam, i love skadi but panda been on me for a whole year for voting musashi last year :feelsbadman

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Well too bad for you sam, i love skadi but panda been on me for a whole year for voting musashi last year :feelsbadman
Now that is pity :lmao
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

You did make the right choice last year though :kappa

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Come on @Asako lets do this! Ready to drop memes and kick ass. Also @Erinyes would you call her hair red? I feel like it is at least aburn.*nudge* *nudge*

Asako

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
Come on @Asako lets do this! Ready to drop memes and kick ass. Also @Erinyes would you call her hair red? I feel like it is at least aburn.*nudge* *nudge*

I bow before my lord

Sorry @Erinyes

But melissa > maomao

Coming from someone who read both series

Jammin but if we taking about meme lord, yona probably top her sometimes

I very recommend beware of the villainess to be read btw, you're gonna enjoy it very much
Very well done manhwa

Coming from someone read shitload of romance manhwa (the ML also finally not a black/white/blond haired, do u know how rare that is)

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
I'll give it a shot (Beware of the Villainess). But I gotta say, 'Beware of the Manwha Romances', they are trash. Mangasee is a clickbait for some many of these and the lord knows I've tried em.

Asako

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
I'll give it a shot (Beware of the Villainess). But I gotta say, 'Beware of the Manwha Romances', they are trash. Mangasee is a clickbait for some many of these and the lord knows I've tried em.
I know that why i said beware of the villainess is good
There is a lot of good gems in the pile of trash i read...
Half the the romance i read i dropped around 20-60 chapters (u can argue i still read them... )
It needs to be very bad to be dropped in 10 chapters

For exemple Roxana
Miss Not-So Sidekick
The Baby Isn't Yours
I'll Be the Matriarch in This Life
Unholy blood (my discord avatar, giving you a drink)

Btw hilarious the one I'm recommending are ones that the ML is half non existent at the beginning and it's more about the MC, just like beware of the villainess

There also a few manhwa i know that had a good potential the first 20 chapter but then the quality dropped

Or were dropped by the publisher even tho there were good :feelsbadman
Aka This Girl Is A Little Wild
I never forgive them...

Btw brandish do u consider your throne romance or not, as it's technically is romance despite how little there is and it's more about the two MCs

Anyways this thread isn't about manhwa but more about waifus so i stop

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
You do very well to get to 40-60 chaps. But sometimes they can trap you into hoping they hook up real nice, and obviously we never get it.

I am gonna guess that you/Jammin/Demon(?) tend to go for these romance manwha with the fantasy/isekai tag as well? In that regard, there might be a great deal more to like. Me, I'm usually tempted by the drama, rom-com, slice of life, school etc tags that come with the romance. These things, in the manwha realm, are a clean avoid - maybe I fucking deserve it for looking there lmao. The only ones I've liked are erotic/hent.

Btw brandish do u consider your throne romance or not, as it's technically is romance despite how little there is and it's more about the two MCs
Nope, it's a drama thriller in a fantasy. It might be classed as a romance because royal marriage drives the plot, but that's it. I wouldn't rec that manwha to anyone looking for some fluffy love hearts lol (it is a good series, Medea is incredible in every way).
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I will say that I have read a few yuri manwha romances that were excellento.

Last edited:

Asako

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
Then among the one i recommend i could probably recommend roxana to you @Brandish μ
As it's in the darker side, it's more phycological type, not the romance but roxana family is very mess up, you see what i mean when you read it

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
You do very well to get to 40-60 chaps. But sometimes they can trap you into hoping they hook up real nice, and obviously we never get it.

I am gonna guess that you/Jammin/Demon(?) tend to go for these romance manwha with the fantasy/isekai tag as well? In that regard, there might be a great deal more to like. Me, I'm usually tempted by the drama, rom-com, slice of life, school etc tags that come with the romance. These things, in the manwha realm, are a clean avoid - maybe I fucking deserve it for looking there lmao. The only ones I've liked are erotic/hent.
Here's the thing, for me at least.

I like some romance in my series. However, the reality is 40-60 chapters is all you can reasonably get out of a pure romance. Or in movies it's 90 mins. Once you get past that point something else gets cut into it. It's like cooking with sugar. You don't want to eat just sugar for very long right? You want to combine it with something else to make an even better flavor. Like an apple pie or something.

Even the "classic romance" is in fact blended with soap opera plotting. That's the value of like harem comedy content it's a sort of way to braid romance plotlines together. This is why I prefer that or isekai/adventure/whatever blended with romance. But this opens up the new problem in that, much like cooking, the recipe has to not suck right? They have to get the balance of the ingredients right and prepare them properly, otherwise they're just wasting them all.

I'll get into Beware the Villainess and Melissa in my campaign, but suffice it to say, the recipe is good. And the secret ingredient is Melissa Podebrat. :hee

Last edited: