Waifu Wars - General Discussion Thread | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Waifu Wars - General Discussion Thread

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
i'll nominate Kanu from IKKI TOUSEN just for shits and giggles....but she is no joke,quite the badass.
i find that hot:hurr :gnut

:XD

Yare yare

Wow such a hard choice, there are many I would like to nominate... but in the end I will decide for Himeko Inaba ("Inaban") <3
Just so cute and adorable, yet quick-witted and smart~

Wow didn't think anyone would actually nominate Beatrix, what a lovely surprise Erin :zomg
Niichan-kun, my respect and consideration for you have just skyrocketed, :zomg you have an amazing great taste, yes, Beate is awesome !!

Philia

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Joker
I'm so glad someone nominated C.C

I wish someone would nominate Lucy from Elfen Lied as well

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Interesting... I was considering about picking a waifu from Fairy Tail but I think I'll nominate the popular and well-known...​

Saeko Busujima from High School of the Dead

Honestly, she's one of the best waifu's you can find out there. Perfect appearance. Perfect personality. Perfect talent.​

TrienDarkform

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Looks like I'll do my usual, and place a nomination for an uncommon choice, so...

I nominate Katou Marika (hard enough to find decent pictures!):

Smart, hard-working, and capable, and though inexperienced, is cognizant of it and aware of her limits so never quite gets in over her head, but daring enough to take those risks when needed. Also looks good in that uniform. :) (And quite honestly, I'm glad that the series never bothered with the typically blatant fanservice, despite what its title may suggest).

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Nomination Period is Over

Josef

Dank Trump
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Since the number was 23 nominations,, the staff(Akainu) nominates one to make it an even number. After we settle the brackets and stuff, the match ups will begin tomorrow. Stay tuned!

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Since our beloved Josef has trouble to count up, I will add a nomination to make it 24.

I will go with Tsunemori Akane from Psycho-Pass. She is very underrated and easily forgotten, even by myself. But this girl is cute, badass, gets shit done and has nice character traits.

Utsune

風立ちぬ いざ生きめやも
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Strong last minute entrants...

Nothing C.C. can't handle though. :\m/

Josef

Dank Trump
Reaction score
Country
Germany
The waifu wars have begun! This thread will convert to the general discussion thread! The first 6 match ups are up, you have 5 days to vote! Good luck to all contestants!

Faust

Artist
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
It sucks neither Celty, Hilda, Sa-chan nor Juvia was nominated.

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
There is no need for this event. Touka Kirishima wins. Thank you.
{

Since our beloved Josef has trouble to count up, I will add a nomination to make it 24.

I will go with Tsunemori Akane from Psycho-Pass. She is very underrated and easily forgotten, even by myself. But this girl is cute, badass, gets shit done and has nice character traits.

You get to nominate two? :o Tsunemori Akane will just get neglected waifu since you already support your first nomination/waifu which is Touka Kirishima? (You even wear Touka Kirishima's avatar for the bonus 5 points)

Last edited:

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
You get to nominate two? :o Tsunemori Akane will just get neglected waifu since you already support your first nomination/waifu which is Touka Kirishima? (You even wear Touka Kirishima's avatar for the bonus 5 points)
We were short on one nomination for the brackets, so I threw in a second nomination in order for the staff to move on with the event.

Faust

Artist
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
We were short on one nomination for the brackets, so I threw in a second nomination in order for the staff to move on with the event.
My concern is that your 2nd nomination won't get as much support as your first one since the participation of the user who nominated said nominee is also vital in this event due to these factors:

Josef said:
- Wear the set of your waifu during each phase to gain +5 votes by default!
- Earn a nice badge for being the husband of the winning waifu!
But since you already nominated a waifu, the second waifu that you nominated might be neglected since you're not really suppose to support two waifus right? And the event limits one nomination per user so it's also a rule breaking move:

Josef said:
Nominate your Waifu (and yours alone) during the next ten days
Having two waifus. :nono

And it's not too late for the 24th nominee to be changed since she's not participating in the first round. A waifu nominated by another mod/user, or a wildcard waifu will be better than your 2nd nominee since you already have the 1st waifu that you nominated that you're supposed to support all the way.

Last edited:

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
When a supposed fun-event turns to absolute bureaucracy...

I'm sorry that I wanted to help. I'm sorry that I broke the rules. Let's Josef decide what to do. I take full responsibility.

Faust

Artist
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Don't get me wrong your move of nominating another waifu with the intent of making the event to be able proceed is not bad.

I'm just suggesting another way of having a 24th waifu for the event.

Josef

Dank Trump
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Being short on waifus the staff nominated some, syx did not nominate the waifu, the staff did(he just posted). We can just reassign that waifu to me and I'll "play" with her. Stop this nonsense now.