Wall Titans question | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Wall Titans question

FatKitty

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a question about the wall titans that I am unsure has been answered before. I tried searching but did not find much.

Nick was adamant about not letting sunshine touch the wall titan, which implies that like pure titans, they can not move at night. Is this correct? If so then the wall titans have a huge flaw and the flattened earth strategy can only happen at day.

So this leads into my question, is it possible that the wall titans are like pure titans that are mindless just eating people and we’re just forced into the wall by the king? Is it also possible that the coordinate can force titans to move at night, similar to how Zeke made the village residents attack the castle at night?

I am not sure if these questions have been answered and I missed it, as I haven’t been keeping up with the chapters lately.

Eigengrau

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Nick was adamant about not letting sunshine touch the wall titan, which implies that like pure titans, they can not move at night. Is this correct?
Well, if they could move at night = inside the Walls where it's completely dark, the Walls would've been broken long ago, so I guess you're right.

If so then the wall titans have a huge flaw and the flattened earth strategy can only happen at day.
Maybe, but they're still hard to deal with, and as you said it's possible that the Coordinate can force them to do whatever it wants.

So this leads into my question, is it possible that the wall titans are like pure titans that are mindless just eating people and we’re just forced into the wall by the king?
Drawings depict people with their arms crossed, implying that they willingly became part of the Walls to become its foundation; Eldians turned into Mindless Colossal Titans because the size was important.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
I personally think sunlight would have activated them, remember Zeke's Titans could move in night so it is not farfetched to think Wall Titans can do so too.But as long as there is no sunlight no activation.

Sea-Rider

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
It’d make sense they can’t move without sunlight by themselves. Coordinate can probably make em though.

shipleyy

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Something that has always bothered me with the wall Titans is that everytime they were depicted, especially during the Festival/Willy arc, they always were shown walking on land.

Paradis is an Island.
We’ve never seen titans swim.
Nothing suggests the coordinate can give the command to make them swim.

They’re tall, but not y’all enough to touch ocean floor.

Isayama is a great writer, so I’m sure he’ll explain something but for now, I’m confused.

Crescent Jinx

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
It’s not super uncommon for the ocean to not provide any barrier to monsters. I think that is a plot in a novel about zombies. Where normal zombies walk along the ocean floor which is how they spread from continent to continent. And also in places like the Marianas Trench hosting large swarms of them. So he probably just thought something similar.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
That was in the world war z book btw.

OtakuFreak

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Nick was adamant about not letting sunshine touch the wall titan, which implies that like pure titans, they can not move at night. Is this correct? If so then the wall titans have a huge flaw and the flattened earth strategy can only happen at day.
Personally, I believe the titans inside the walls are simply in an ''unconscious'' state of sleep - almost like a coma after being controlled by the coordinate and being without sunlight for 100+ years

Nick being adamant about the sunlight hitting these titans might be out of a fear for them to awaken.

So this leads into my question, is it possible that the wall titans are like pure titans that are mindless just eating people and we’re just forced into the wall by the king? Is it also possible that the coordinate can force titans to move at night, similar to how Zeke made the village residents attack the castle at night?
Yes, I believe they are simply normal Titans controlled by the King and were ordered into constructing each wall.

Yes, I don't see why the coordinate wouldn't force the titans to move at night, though there might be a decline in performance in them.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Personally, I believe the titans inside the walls are simply in an ''unconscious'' state of sleep - almost like a coma after being controlled by the coordinate and being without sunlight for 100+ years

Nick being adamant about the sunlight hitting these titans might be out of a fear for them to awaken.

Yes, I believe they are simply normal Titans controlled by the King and were ordered into constructing each wall.

Yes, I don't see why the coordinate wouldn't force the titans to move at night, though there might be a decline in performance in them.
Though I wonder one thing,if they are activated they might flatten entire paradis while going to the sea.

@Eigengrau what do you think?

OtakuFreak

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Though I wonder one thing,if they are activated they might flatten entire paradis while going to the sea.
I believe they would, since they would just return to a mindless state which would result in the entirety of Paradis being destroyed.

It's probably why Nick was so adamant on them not being awakened, given without the coordinates influence (which cannot be activated right now) they are simply mindless titans and if one awakens and escapes the wall, then its highly likely a domino effect would happen and the entire wall (and next walls) would be destroyed releasing the other titans.

Makes sense why the ''Wall Cult'' were so protective of the Walls... a simple mistake can lead to the entirety of Paradis being destroyed.

Eigengrau

Reaction score
Country
The Wall

@Eigengrau what do you think?
I think there's a way for that not to happen, but I think it's unlikely.

We know from that one Titan inside the Wall that they're turned TOWARDS the Walls... they're not facing the outside world.

I think this might have been a safe measure along the lines of "oh, so you want to release the Wall Titans? Well unless you have a way to control them - which you don't because King's Will and all - Paradis will be the first thing to be trampled over"...

So if the Wall Titans were to take a walk by themselves? Every one of them would go straight towards the center of the Walls due to how they're positioned.

So yeah, Paradis would entirely be wiped out, and eventually the Wall Titans would continue on merrily towards the rest of the world, each one going in a separate direction, most likely.

But if it's the Coordinate that releases the Walls Titans? There is a way to not flatten Paradis.

But is it going to happen? Probably not, because I don't imagine this "super careful scenario" taking place.

For Paradis not to be completely flattened, this would need to happen:

- release all the Wall Titans at once (can this even be done? Is there no radius limit to the scream? Well, even if it's just 1 Wall at a time this can still be done, I think);
- have them immediately turn the opposite way so that they're no longer facing the inner side of the Walls;
- and then have all the Wall Titans walk/flow along the lines of the Wall that they were previously occupying.

The "Titan flow/walk" would have to look something like this:

And in doing so (walking on the very same spot they were standing) they're not stepping over on anyone or anything.

The flow doesn't have to be EXACTLY like that, but they would needed to be flushed out in that pattern, and then find the best course/exit point outside the Walls to walk out of so as to not trample anything and/or anyone.

Realistically, if the Coodinate is super duper powerful and the controler can control them all at once to this degree, it's possible for Paradis to not be flattened.

Yes, they would lose the Walls, but I think it would be possible to do this and not kill anyone at all, and maybe only lose 1% of homes/infrastructures if absolutely necessary, but I think they could easily find a perfect pat for them.

But again, is this going to happen?

I highly doubt it, I can hardly imagine someone saying "okay guys, we're going to release the Titans now and we're gonna be super duper careful about this so no one dies!"... this isn't a Marvel movie after all :teehee:teehee:teehee...

If the Wall Titans take a walk, it will surely be destructive. They might not flatten Paradis entirely, but there will be consequences for sure.