First Round - Watashitachi no Shiawase na Jikan vs. Detective Conan | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

First Round Watashitachi no Shiawase na Jikan vs. Detective Conan

Who wins?

• Watashitachi no Shiawase na Jikan

• Detective Conan

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine

Watashitachi no Shiawase na Jikan
Sumomo Yumeka
-

Detective Conan
Aoyama Gosho

Rules- You are allowed to vote for one Manga
- After 5 days, the Manga with the most votes will proceed into the next round
- In case of a tie, a staff pick will break it
Special Rules- We proudly encourage you to share the best pics of your Manga!
- Earn the possibility to win a badge by being the proudest Mangalover around!

Gryffindor

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Watashitachi no Shiawase na Jikan

Watashitachi is a really short manga. ONLY 8 chapters, so for anyone willing to actually take it into consideration and see what the hype is for themselves, I'd recommend reading it. The first few chapters are a bit on the lengthy side, but after that it's around 20-30 pages until the end of the manga. Simple story but still great nonetheless. Go read now!

I. Introduction

The story focuses mainly on 2 characters named Juri(pictured left) and Yuu(pictured right).

Going to let the panels do the talking:

So from those several images inside the tags, you can see that the two central characters of this story are pretty troubled. Juri is a former pianist who has attempted to take her own life on three occasions. Yuu is an inmate on death row responsible for three murders who has also attempted to take his own life on numerous occasions. The reasoning and what caused each of these two to take these paths in life is explained, but because of spoilers I'll try to avoid that topic.

II. #3987

Via her Aunt Monica, Juri meets Yuu, and while uninterested at first, its only after certain events happen that cause her to begin seeing him on a regular basis thus forming their bond.

III. Thursdays at 10

From there on out, they meet every week on Thursday, with each chapter furthering their bond and digging deeper into their past.

IV. Letters and Sketches

Because they're only able to see each other once per week, Yuu begins writing letters to Juri while she begins to draw for him after being inspired by one of their talks.

Note that writing letters and drawing isn't the only thing that they are limited too, just that to avoid spoilers and not completely reveal everything in a short manga, other material was left out intentionally.

V. Conclusion

Let's not forget however, that there are ups and downs and that the characters still face a harsh reality.

Ok, image spam over.

Essentially, over the course of 8 chapters we are introduced to 2 troubled characters where via their interactions we slowly uncover their past along with their regrets and fears. We see their perspectives change while witnessing a bond develop, this is no love story however, just going to point that out. Short story definitely worth a read, tried my best to avoid any major spoiling, and hopefully the manga is worth a shot and it's good enough to garner your vote :verily.

"Thursdays at 10"
"tick tock, tick tock"

Last edited:

Seraph

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Finland
Watashitachi gets my Vote,Detective Conan is endless.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Watashitachi no Shiawase na Jikan really can be campaigned for with pure imagery. Fantastic job @Gryffindor you have my vote :)

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
You have my vote Gryff. I know nothing about either series so since there's only one campaign that's the one i'll go with lol. It looks interesting. With only 8 chapters i'll give it a read.

Crescent Jinx

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Watashitachi Is such a wonderful short read. With such simplicity it has a full force impact of your feels. On top of that, Gryffindor’s campaign is excellent. The ending is also just :emocat. Wata has my vote. :hip

Status
Not open for further replies.