Shounen - We Never Learn by Taishi Tsutsui | Page 10 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen We Never Learn by Taishi Tsutsui

Which girl will be the 'one'? (or girl X)

• Total voters

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Definitely think it's picking up steam. Senpai's route is still firmly at the top because it hit all the marks from the jump, but this one is a nice, comfy read that has some good character moments.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

This arc has now decided to show its final form and I love it.

Last edited:

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique

This page is so good. Fireworks at the back add on to the effect.

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Great chapter. Can't wait to see how this ends.

Have we gotten any final chapter announcements yet? Because if not, I wonder if we're going to get a wrap chapter after Kirisu. Maybe snippets of future moments from everyone's life in each time line.

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Have we gotten any final chapter announcements yet? Because if not, I wonder if we're going to get a wrap chapter after Kirisu. Maybe snippets of future moments from everyone's life in each time line.
Not sure if confirmed, but:

I feel as if Kirisu confessed too fast though :hmm Idk, the pacing at the amusement park felt off to me somehow.

If we're getting something after her route, it's the sister route with Nariyuki's sister :heh

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I feel as if Kirisu confessed too fast though :hmm Idk, the pacing at the amusement park felt off to me somehow.
Yeah, I think the priorities got a bit mixed up. The chapter began with telling us that Kirisu had basically been wrestling with these emotions for months, but it was just brought up as a quick gag moment. We probably should've seen more scenes of her avoiding Nariyuki, acting awkwardly around him, or something like that during that period of time. The amusement park is the conclusion to an internal struggle that we didn't see.

Kylenhangen

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Turkey
186 Spoiler:

引っ越しを終えた二人
成幸の腕にぐりぐりと抱き着く先生
時計が止まっていて慌てて車で式場に向かう二人
ふたりの結婚式
帰り道車がガス欠で歩いて帰るふたり
夫婦って昨日までと何が違うのかしら
こうして並んで同じ方向向いて人生という道を一緒に歩んでいける関係のことだと思うんです平行
線みたいに。
素敵な家族を作りましょうと言う成幸
真冬「幸せにしたいって昔言ってくれたわね。今、私ね。世界一幸せだわ」
そう言って微笑む彼女の姿は信じられないほど綺麗で
雪解けに華々と満開の花が咲いたようだと思った
薄氷の女王編 完
次号クライマックス特大センターカラー
超貴重なプレゼント企画も!?

186 Korean Out:

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
So wholesome! Love it. Definitely my second favorite route. Just a bit under Asumi's.

Monox D. I-Fly

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Why is still there "Next Chapter"?

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Sister route baybeee!
:lmao
Need this for the culture.

--
Wedding was okay. But the ghost dad.....lol, every route had a ghost in it except the Asumi one :Haha Probably why it is the best route :mono
Final rating:
1. Asumi route- No words needed. 10/10 from start to end.
2. Sensei route- This route had quite a few misses imo, but overall I guess it was okay?
3. Furuhashi route- This was full of so many cliches though :oh Like man, was way too cheesy.
4. Seikijou route- Sekijou is best wingwoman after all :nerd
5...... I forgot the last girl's name :XD. You get the idea though

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Oh yeah, final thoughts and rankings.

1. Asumi: This route not only started out strong, but continued to get better as it unfolded. Best paced route, which also added to the experience.

2. Kirisu: I loved it, but it's not without issues. Pacing was off and it was too frontloaded with a lot of slice of life shenanigans. However, the underlying backstory was fantastic and it ended on a strong note.

3. Ogata: I understand why people don't think highly of this route, but I thought it was really great. It felt like a great exploration of her growth throughout the series with Sawako just being the medium to show it through. Plus, I love the idea of their courtship being the first game she won.

4. Uruka: This route really suffered from being pulled in many directions. As I mentioned, it had to present itself as the only ending which means it had to juggle a pseudo "wrap up" for all the girls as well Uruka's conclusion. Add that to the fact that a chunk of it was flashback and it really doesn't make for a satisfying ending.

5. Fumino: I honestly don't care enough about it to remember what happened. I just know it was boring and that's the biggest offense. Series should've went all in and had her steal Nariyuki from another (non main) girl.

yutu

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Best endings of We Never Learn are that of fumino and uruka because it’s two endings do not erase the other character.

Monox D. I-Fly

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Sister route baybeee!
No no no no... I won't take it... Seeing practically all female characters fall in love with the main character including his senior, his teacher, and a ghost was already too much for me to even enjoy it one bit... If his sisters also fall in love with him romantically, I... Umph, I don't know, at least in other harem manga the main character isn't the only male who can be loved...

NeeNeen

Reaction score
Country
United Nations
Umph, I don't know, at least in other harem manga the main character isn't the only male who can be loved...
It's quite extreme, isn't it? Normally, I'd be joking about a gay route, but I can't even recall a single other male character the MC could be paired up with.

I guess I'd be going for an "all routes were a dream and he's still single" ending. It'd be worth it just to see the fan reactions. :teehee

(It might actually work if they show them all ten years later and he has found a girlfriend/wife who has nothing to do with the whole high school story. Would be pretty realistic that way.

Also, remember how this story used to be about fighting for a career path you really want to follow? Please show us what they did with that.)

Last edited:

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique

Final chapter color spread.

yutu

Reaction score
Country
France
It's not that uncommon to hook up with the girl you knew in high school. Harder to find a comrade in another city after several years. I only know one person who's married to her teacher.

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Aww, that was pretty cool way to end the series, lol. I like that it's just a double down on the fact that, yes, all of those endings we saw are canon.

Also, Yuiga's dad is literally the ultimate wingman. He came up with the legend himself and ensured his son would hook up with somebody before he was even born.

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Pretty comfy series. On a reread I would probably be less salty about some things (Uruka..... :fail), but yes, this ended up working best for everyone.
Very good final chapter I must say.

Volume 20 cover :hearts :nosebleed:

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique

^ Jump Festa illustration