Shounen - [Webtoon] Girls of the Wild's by Hun & Kim Hye Jin | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen [Webtoon] Girls of the Wild's by Hun & Kim Hye Jin

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States

Genre: Comedy, Romance, School life, Martial arts
Author: Hun
Artist: KIM Hye-Jin
Description: An unfortunate young high-school student who was abandoned by his mother along with two younger siblings, whom he struggles to take care of, gets some uncharacteristic good fortune when he is granted a full scholarship for 3 years based soley on attendance to the nearby "Wild's High-School". Only to find out that he is the first male student in what was previously an all girls school; which is famous for producing mixed martial artists and is moving to Co-Ed in an attempt, by the principle(Charles Wilds), to help teach his female students a "maiden-like side" to go along with their MMA dominance.
Publication: Naver
Edited Manga: Webtoons Live(you can find all released chapters at this link)

My thoughts: The plot-line is not exactly groundbreaking and the main character needs a lot of work, in my opinion, but good humor and a strong and diverse female cast made this a very enjoyable read so far. The character art is also a strong point; making characters highly expressive really helps it nail some of the comedy moments.

I view this as a series with high potential as long as keeps building up a quality cast, hopefully with a few more guys to add a little diversity there, and mentally toughens up the the main character a bit(maybe physically too).

Last edited:

haegar

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
The plot feels a bit rough/predictable partially and it took hell too long till the kid began to man up and grow some basic spine but the art is mostly sweet n sexy and overall it's fun for a quick read ...

wonder if this is gonna go down the Kenichi road and he'll turn into a proper fighter over time or if it will stay different ...

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
The plot feels a bit rough/predictable partially and it took hell too long till the kid began to man up and grow some basic spine but the art is mostly sweet n sexy and overall it's fun for a quick read ...

wonder if this is gonna go down the Kenichi road and he'll turn into a proper fighter over time or if it will stay different ...
I suspect it's going in a very much Kenichi direction, it's seems like it's probably going to be quite a bit more dramatic though.

And yeah the story is not complicated. That's not necessarily a bad thing though as long as it's done well; and, some early main character issues aside, I'd say it'd done pretty well. The art has also been really really strong which helps offset that stuff quite a bit for me too.

Last edited:

haegar

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Indeed - I didn't mean to be overly critical, I found it on batoto yesterday by accident and liked it enough to slice through it in one go over the evening, it's very decent quality and the girls are just gorgeous :)

FrostyMouse

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I've been reading this for quite a while. The story itself isn't that great, but Dal Dal is just comedy gold and makes the manhwa. Without her, Girls of the WIld's would be a completely boring series.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Indeed - I didn't mean to be overly critical, I found it on batoto yesterday by accident and liked it enough to slice through it in one go over the evening, it's very decent quality and the girls are just gorgeous :)
I don't think you were being "overly critical", just "accurate".

I've been reading this for quite a while. The story itself isn't that great, but Dal Dal is just comedy gold and makes the manhwa. Without her, Girls of the WIld's would be a completely boring series.
I like all the Wild's Girls so far.

• Queen is menacing yet secretly as adorable as a baby seal.
  • Dal Dal besides being hilariously goofy also comes across as extremely sincere and not as shallow as she first appears.
  • Lee Moon is a good mix of a tomboyish older sister with a charming simplicity and impure intentions.
  • Lee Go Seul who outwardly seems geeky but turns out to be bloodthirsty enough to be Zakaki Kenpachi's daughter.

The real issue for me has been the main guy who has been, and this is going to sound mean, a bit of an emo wuss. I feel like that's finally turning around now, but it was rough for a while there; and the girls still definitely steal the show.

Last edited:

FrostyMouse

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I like all the Wild's Girls so far.

• Queen is menacing yet secretly as adorable as a baby seal.
  • Dal Dal besides being hilariously goofy also comes across as extremely sincere and not as shallow as she first appears.
  • Lee Moon is a good mix of a tomboyish older sister with a charming simplicity and impure intentions.
  • Lee Go Seul who outwardly seems geeky but turns out to be bloodthirsty enough to be Zakaki Kenpachi's daughter.

The real issue for me has been the main guy who has been, and this is going to sound mean, a bit of an emo wuss. I feel like that's finally turning around now, but it was rough for a while there; and the girls still definitely steal the show.
Dal Dal's the only one who really stands out, however.

Jae Gu being a lamer is a stereotypical part of a lot of manhwa. Quite a few manhwa feature strong girls and weak, whiny guys. Even if the girls/women aren't the one, or only ones, with power, the protagonist is often weak. In Freezing, the girls have the power and the guys are often weak and whiny; Kazuya is usually a whiny bitch. Shioon was up and down in The Breaker, but in New Waves, he whined for about 60-70 chapters about how he was so weak and all that crap. After reading a lot of manhwas with pitiful male protagonists, I've gotten used to it, and while I'm not that happy with that style of male protagonist, it's not something I hold against specific manhwa anymore. So, if I read something that carries on that trend, I don't see it as a problem with the specific series.

halfcrzy

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Just started reading this series today! The art is awesome! Story goes a little slow, i could see this being a painful weekly read, but an awesome bulk read. Interesting characters i thought, even if the main guy was a whiney at the beginning its actually understandable with his situation. Only part i dont understand is.. How are all these good looking girls going after him? He is weak, and broke. That usually sends em running fast.

FrostyMouse

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Just started reading this series today! The art is awesome! Story goes a little slow, i could see this being a painful weekly read, but an awesome bulk read. Interesting characters i thought, even if the main guy was a whiney at the beginning its actually understandable with his situation. Only part i dont understand is.. How are all these good looking girls going after him? He is weak, and broke. That usually sends em running fast.
Don't you remember the beginning of the manhwa? The principal/headmaster offered people good grades/everything if they befriended him, essentially, but after they saw what his life was really like, they came to care for him and Dal Dal wants to marry him. Don't ask.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Haha, being a straight guy I can't really speak to the attraction part very well but the initial motivation was a part of class assignment. There is a standing offer of a large amount of graduation honors for learning about the maiden-like side of themselves. Plus he's kind, sensitive, an adoring older brother, reasonably good looking, and last but not least the only guy in the whole school.

So...he's a piece of meat in a lions den.

Last edited:

halfcrzy

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Haha no kidding, just like the pic you posted. Totally a piece of meat. CMON LADIES! WERE PEOPLE TOO Y'KNOW!
Im actually going to look forward to reading this one every week, hope in a way its similar to noblesse, by which i mean the pacing picks up alot around 50ish chapters.

haegar

Reaction score
Country
Germany
yay, I kicked the thread alive :hee

btw here's 47 translated for some reason not on batoto yet but oh well: http://www.mangahere.com/manga/girl_the_wild_s/c047/

as for the being a wuss, yeah I do hope he's coming around now - as it seems he's destined for queen and as he is now he ain't up to her - not by a far cry :derp

halfcrzy

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Are you crazy haegar? This is going to be a harem! Wushu girl, dal dal, queen plus who ever else may come!

haegar

Reaction score
Country
Germany
I don't see the problem with being a little crazy and given your nick you should agree there :teehee that being said I don't mind harem and yes, it is going there but I wouldn't be suprised if this goes in the direction of Rosario Vampire II with the girls, harem but one being chosen and than that would be the queen. the others will 'know their place' :cheez - maybe I only say that cause I am kinda partial to queen, though tbh all the girls are pretty great:verily

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 PM ----------

ch 48 RAW- with a punch and a twist :hip

halfcrzy

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Haha the raw for 48 did have a little twist at the end there, And haha i still think dal dal wont "know her place" which actually makes this a little more fun. Rosario vampire became kind of sad when the girls gave up on first place and started arguing for 2nd, 3rd, 4th mistress type of thing. So im hoping the girls will keep it interesting in her, and lastly, i totally wanna study wushu for some reason now...

haegar

Reaction score
Country
Germany
49 RAW

I need a trans on what boxer dude did there but my opinion if him just got better again either way :hee

Last edited:

halfcrzy

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Oh seems like he threw a jab towards his face, and he kept his eyes open the whole time, and it appears to shocked him. then a surrender

kidopitz27

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
i just began reading this in the morning from chapter 1 - 50 and it was awesome i like it because of the similarities of the protagonist to Shioon from the breaker :P

shukketsumaru

Reaction score
Country
United States
Speculation for the next chapter:
Near-Death Tirggered Super Ultimate God of Rage Mode or clinically dead for thirty seconds. Hell, why not both?

halfcrzy

Reaction score
Country
Canada
haha the cliche beserker? well i dont mind what he does, as long as he beats in the red heads face. the releases feeeel so slow, damn you weekly release! maybe i should do a batch read again