Shounen - [Webtoon] Märchen: The Embodiment of Tales by PARK Sung Woo | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen [Webtoon] Märchen: The Embodiment of Tales by PARK Sung Woo

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Märchen - The Embodiment of Tales

Genre: Comedy, Action, Martial Arts, Adventure.
Author: PARK Sung Woo
Artist: PARK Sung Woo
Description: Märchen is a young man who was saved from the brink of death by a martial arts master by infusing her Ki into him. However, things take a turn when Märchen has no interest in fighting and aims to live a peaceful life.

His "Master" then decides to make use of his ability to become stronger simply by reading tales and absorbing the techniques used in them. She introduces a huge library, filled with all kinds of books that record different forms of martial arts and techniques, to him.

Märchen picks up a book and begins to read...

[Taken from Baka-Updates]

My thoughts: Pretty interesting series. It has a storyline of it's own but the way his power works allows for the introduction of side stories. Which are usually a loose adaptation of western fairy tales into a Chinese wuxia type story. Snow White and Beauty and The Beast, for example, each turn into awesome kung fu stories. Each of which feature some type of power than he gains access to after finishing the story. It's something that works really well and I recommend checking it out.

Last edited:

shaheer

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Just read the first chapter. Its an interesting premise... Definitely will check it out.

IAmTheOneWhoBlocks

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Puerto Rico
I don't know why, but this story reminds me of Assassin's Creed. The way his power works is like the Animus, but more fantastical. He lives through the tales and keeps the experience of the adventure. Interesting.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
That had never occurred to me but, now that you mention it, your totally right it is similar to the Animus. Except where the Animus is playing around with unique takes on historical stuff, the Embodiment of tales is all about unique takes on fairy tales.

GOOMOONRYONG

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
It's nice to finally see the story move forward after so many chapters of repeated flashbacks. My god, if I have to see Marchen's mother die one more time in a flashback I might have to stop reading.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Haha, we have seen that a lot now that you mention it.

I have a feeling we're going to get an amazing fight scene from Marchen as soon as he's done meditating, so it will all be worth it.

GOOMOONRYONG

Reaction score
Country
United States
The set up is the #1 student of that school vs Marchen so that will be an amazing fight and worth the grueling flashbacks. It will be interesting to see the Dragon arts mixed in with the other techniques. I am especially excited to see him combine Dragon and blood arts.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah, I like the aesthetic look of the dragon arts. The whole flowing hair thing is pretty badass. Makes me hope he can save the woman who showed it to him. She's too cool to just die like this.

GOOMOONRYONG

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah, I like the aesthetic look of the dragon arts. The whole flowing hair thing is pretty badass. Makes me hope he can save the woman who showed it to him. She's too cool to just die like this.
I hope she doesn't die either, it doesn't look like there are many in the Crimson Fairy's clan so having her as a member would strengthen their power alot. She also has an interesting personality and who doesn't just love a badass female character?

Apparently there are only 2 more raws left until we are stuck with weekly releases. It was nice while it lasted!

In regards to chapter 82,

I think Crimson Fairy will take out all the small fry, the first disciple will scold the underlings and step in to fight her in a weakened state. She will hold her own for a little but her disease will kick in and leave her open long enough for a deadly blow. At that point Marchen will have completed his meditating and will blow through the mountain to stop the 1st disciple. Then it will be Marchen vs the 1st disciple and all hell will break lose with a badass fight. GOOO DRAGON ARTS!!!

On chapter 83,

That was a pretty badass attack by the 1st Hyung but it was pretty much guaranteed that CR would block it. Looks like she is in trouble and now that Marchen is alert he is going to step into the fray next chapter I hope.

Marchen has finally arrived at the battlefield but nothing else happened in the chapter. If there is one glaring weakness this author has it is that he wastes half to almost full chapters on things that don't move the plot forward. It is really frustrating to keep rereading fight scenes/information we have seen before. I am hoping this fight between Marchen and the 1st will be godly.

Last edited:

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
It has returned once again courtesy of Hatigarm Scans

I hope the kung fu hair girl isn't completely out of the story. I liked her.