Shounen - [Webtoon] Magician by Kim Sa Rae | Page 14 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen [Webtoon] Magician by Kim Sa Rae

EMS

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I feel that the pace had've slow but I guess it is normal in magician but I agree so many pages without really making the plot move forward, it seems more like fillers but i can't believe that the creator of the world was defeated by that brat and the worst, I feel sorry for him, he wasn't bad, he was sealed by his children..

ish3

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
So iremis true self appears and get are sealed edermask gets a huge power up and his sight back....enzu better get something out of this smh. Glad it's ending tho.

EMS

Reaction score
Country
United States
So iremis true self appears and get are sealed edermask gets a huge power up and his sight back....enzu better get something out of this smh. Glad it's ending tho.
Do u mean the arc ending?, because magician isn't ending, but I found hard to believe that iremi killed god that easy..

shaheer

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
I got so bored with the chaps that i stopped reading now with your summary on bound i think i will restart, disregarding the pointless predictable chaps.
Hopefully the next bits will be more lively with less tsundere nonsense from iremi and super extended fight like this one.
I think the author would concentrate on Iremi and Eldermask from now on tho.... which pisses me off Iremi is a character i loathe and eldermask is a character i am 'indifferent edging towards being annoyed' with.
Btw did the new arc start already if so which chap and it seems batoto removed it so how are you guys reading it ?

Last edited:

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm not reading it anywhere right now. As of 354 I dropped the series.

Maybe I'll pick it up again later after some chapters have built up but right now it's just so bad. That god stuff might have been the end for me though. I'm just not sure it can ever recover from this for me.

EMS

Reaction score
Country
United States
This chapter 358 was really sad, I felt bad for god(canterra).

ish3

Reaction score
Country
United States
Now onto part 3 of the series. Hopefully it doesn't add on to the current dragging that has been going on and that's over with. I doubt it's the final arc but Neonimus or however you say his name should end his brother's rain in this next arc. Iremi hopefully becomes conscious of who main personality and does something about it but overall I'm interested in how strong Enzu can grow from here unlike the others with sealed powers or powerups given by other creatures. He's the only one who started off level 1 no freebies.

shaheer

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Now onto part 3 of the series. Hopefully it doesn't add on to the current dragging that has been going on and that's over with. I doubt it's the final arc but Neonimus or however you say his name should end his brother's rain in this next arc. Iremi hopefully becomes conscious of who main personality and does something about it but overall I'm interested in how strong Enzu can grow from here unlike the others with sealed powers or powerups given by other creatures. He's the only one who started off level 1 no freebies.
It pisses me off how weak the author is making Enzu out to be, he is basically an extra baggage now with Eldermask having the heart or sth and Iremi awakening.
Alteast kill him off so that i can drop the series for good dam*t why make him a weak slob (in comparative terms).

ish3

Reaction score
Country
United States
Enzu is on the verge of surpassing his master. Depending on Iremi and what she does he might end up leaving because these things are putting her at risk. Which Neonimus seems to not care for. If she continues to act indifferent he may just up and leave for a while so he can be strong enough to at least protect her. Not sure how it's gonna go but I do see some clashes of the minds coming soon if not later.

shaheer

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
well the world is set in a very abysmal way where you cant really hope to defeat people like Eldermask or janus or Iremi with sheer strength and speed and technique.
Its a shame really to have such a great character and a fanbase based on his fighting style but not enough room in the world to make him adequately powerful enough to play a decent role in fights rather take side line roles.

DarkLordOfKichiku

Translator
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Been reading Magician from beginning to end for a little more than a week now :). Bit of a slow pace, but quite the fun read :) . Althrough, part 1 wasn't quite as fun and exciting as most of part 2 has turned out to be... Which is, I think, mostly because of Edermask; in part 1, his presence makes more sense and is more... Balancing for lack of a better way to describe it, for while Enzu and Iremi are rather strong in their own right even then, they're still children at that point so the presence of Edermask, who can take care of most trouble they encounter, does make some sense. This is not quite the case in Part 2 - the party has a good balance and a good thing going for most of Part 2, mostly because it feels like the party has a good balance and they're following their down objectives/goals. However, once the team joins up with the Invicible Hero (okay, that's not quite true but still, considering you can count the people who could actually fight him evenly on the fingers of one hand, well...), the party balance feels messed up, and now Edermask's objectives/goals have become their own (though that much was unavoidable I guess). Not to mention things do take a turn for the stranger with the whole monster-god-whatever thingy, especially at the very end... I can only presume the author may be trying to foreshadow something, though I can't quite say what...

Well, still, on the whole, I've enjoyed Magician so far and have some hopes for season/part 3 when it comes out :)

strixflash

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
I think I am one of the few who enjoyed S1 and hated S2 completly. S2 is much slower in pace, and that Enzu guy is one of the most annoying protagonist I have ever seen.

EMS

Reaction score
Country
United States
I think I'm also doing the same at jammin kun, I'll drop magician for a while. I had waited for next chapter and still hasn't come out:gwah I think I'll drop it for a couple months and then pick it back up..

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Looks like LINE has increased the Magician translating pace to 3 chapters a week. At that rate they should catch up to where the unofficial releases were a little less than two years.

That's gotta be a pretty good way to read it for those who never read the unofficial scans.

ish3

Reaction score
Country
United States
Flashback time.

Tweezers

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Naturally, if you have not read this Webtoon, my comment may have spoilers, I am talking about its up to date translated chapters. Soooooo......

I don't know why, but with these flashbacks, I find myself not liking Edermask all that much.
He seems weak.
Although his brother has a bit to much bloodlust, he had good intentions. Edermask sought peace, yes, but he failed in his pursuit because of his high ideals. Janus saw the ugly and it changed him. Edermask unable to understand, saw only his brother's anger, not thinking maybe Janus had every right to be angry. I'm just saying, Edermask kind of left Janus hanging, defying him for his own ideal which never worked out. Instead, they should have compromised, before they fell to far apart. Plus, letting a girl get between family... I'm just saying it could have been handled better.
He just seems to run away, even in current times. He just up and disappeared, leaving Enzu and Iremi to find their own way, after leading them into a life filled with so much danger. They were still children gosh darn it! I guess the best word to describe him, in my opinion, is selfish. Granted, Janus is just as selfish, though I feel Edermask has been so for far longer. He just didn't have the drive, passion, or fighting spirit Janus did. Which, I suppose is a good thing, considering how Janus is a Sociopathic, Evil, Douchebag.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I could not agree with you more Tweezers.

The story treats Eldermask like he's "the good guy" and he's just not. But for some reason everyone in the series treats him like a sage or a saint. It drives me up a wall. He's just a selfish jackass with magic powers and I find it incredibly frustrating that so many characters are completely blind to that.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Anybody up to date on the Magician?

Kinda curious if it got any better but not curious enough to actually start reading it again myself. And by "better" I mean did it stop being a Eldermask wank fest or at least easy up on that aspect?

I'd really like to have a reason to jump back in.

Last edited:

Black Void

Reaction score
Country
Germany
At the moment I just look at the picture. Sadly since omas stopped translating there's no up to date version of the mangas.

Really interesting things happened... Just need translations

shaheer

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Magician is probably coming down to its final chapters. For me though it ended. I was only interested in the show for Enzu and he did the 2 things that i wanted him to do. Defeat Ethan (the flame dude who killed his adopted pater) and defeat Hyuan (The one who killed Time the most badass chara after Enzu).
I disliked Eremi and was ambivalent about Eldermask so given Enzu unlocked all that was expected of him i got my finale.Now i would be curious to see what happens in the last few chaps ie how the manga ends but wouldnt make much difference to me anyhow.

SnuggleCupcake

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Magician has ended and here is my controversial take! I am glad that it didn't end in romance! If it takes you sixteen years to confess your feelings for someone then they weren't very strong feelings in the first place ^^