Shounen - [Webtoon] The God of High school by Yong Jae Park | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen [Webtoon] The God of High school by Yong Jae Park

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
The Wall

Genre: Comedy, School Life, Shounen
Author: Yong Jae Park
Description from egscans:
While an island half-disappearing from the face of the earth, a mysterious organization is sending out invitations for a tournament to every high school skilled fighter in the world.
If you win you can have ANYTHING you want
They’re recruiting only the best to fight the best and claim the title of The God of high school!
publications: Naver
group Editing: Egscans

My thought: This webcomic is simple but very addictive, the chapters are getting more and more interesting. On naver almost all the chapters are rated 9,9. i highly recommend to read this webcomic. there is only 12 chapters translated yet but i already put this one into my favorite :super

Last edited:

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
Reaction score
Country
United States
The current English scans are up to chapter 12, while the raw is up chapter 22.

Chapter 22 is out and wow, Jin stepped it a couple levels. Now, I wonder what that old geezer did to his body and what the side effects will be. There were a couple panels with his heart being shown.

Anyway, so far the pace has been good, nice chapter.

Wow Jin is a bad ass character. Is default level was at 6 and when he uses his legs it jumped to a 13 and we cant even tell if he is being serious yet. :jawdrop

He sure as heck does not look like he has a worry or care in the world. :Haha

---------- Post added September 05, 2011 at 05:07 PM ---------- Previous post was September 02, 2011 at 11:11 PM ----------

Chapter 13 is out at eg scans.

I’m really like Jin so far, thought I dont know much about him yet.

Jin took out Gan Man Suk and left the judges and the crowd with a huge impression.

Man suks flash back was shown and it was rather inter sting about his back story.

Jins character development is something to watch out for and a little bit of his background was talked about.

I’m looking forward to the fight between Han Dae wii and bat boy Baek suk chul.
Having a person fight that relys on a bat bat /man is pretty interesting. If you notice the bg there is a banner saying batman xD.

Mira's next opponent is the wrestling girl Ma Mi, that should be interesting as well.
Her wish that she want to have fulfilled made me laugh. :Haha

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
oh so u finally read it Charle, so what do you think about this manhwa? :poke

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
Reaction score
Country
United States
oh so u finally read it Charle, so what do you think about this manhwa? :poke
Yeah its really enjoyable. Though in the beginning I did not what to make of it but after reading up to the current scans, I like it a lot.
The series has a lot of potential as well, It gives me a breaker / veritas mix vibe.

The pace has been really good and the build up as well. I'm really enjoying the fights!

ErosVp

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I was at the mangareader when i saw chapter 14 for this series released.... I was sure i heard that name here and read a bit, and i can say i have yet to see a webtoon boring! Good series, that don't look too serious, but also have strange/dark things behind the curtains, has some nonsense comedy, it is a very good reading....

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
Reaction score
Country
United States
God of High school chapter 15 is out from eg scans.

Ma mi an Mi ra’s fight is over. It was an interesting match, Ma mi looked like she was going to win without being hurt. Mi ra’s sword-less style looks pretty scary though. It would have been nice to see what that style was capable of.

Now off to the next match Dae wi versus Sung Chul. My money is on Dae wi (as he is on the cover page) he must have some skills.

Last edited:

ErosVp

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I agree with Mi ra that it felt cheated haha! If Ma mi risked herself she would have won... As a brazilian i'm curious to know what the BJJ praticioner can do, i was sure he was going to lose before because he was going to fight the protagonist, but now he can go longer!

What surprised the most, and is still in my mind, is that the guy i thought would be the antagonist and had the same art as Jin was erased really easy! Surprising move the author did, i don't dislike at all since he has more thing planned for the plot.. But it seems, with the mass murder weapon and all, that things may leave the enjoyable area and go to something really strange...

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
Reaction score
Country
United States
Chapters 15 is out from Eg scans.

The fight has just started but its already pretty interesting. Sueng chul is a freaking beast is the only way I can describe him. Heck, the guy attained enlightenment for bleeps sake.

Dae wi looks like he is in trouble.

Can't wait to see the next chapter.

ErosVp

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Chapter spent mostly in building Baek SungChul character, it was cool until the enlightement thing. That was too cocky, Zebra from Toriko would hate him!
Dae Wi will teach him a lesson somehow... Interesting thing is that Jin saw through that atack easily.

k-dom

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
France
The problem with chapters like that and with the scan being late is that you cannot resist going watch the next raws...

Last edited:

ErosVp

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
The problem with chapters like that and with the scan being late is that you cannot resist going watch the next raws....
Hahaha
That would be the case if.... i wasn't such a lazy bastard! XD
I only see raws when people post here in the forum, i don't want to bother looking for it... Specially in a korean site full of those letters i don't understand!

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
Reaction score
Country
United States
Chapter 17 is out from eg scans.

Dae Wi is interesting as well, he had chance to get a shot in while Sung Chul had a slip but did not take it. At the end of the chapter it looks like Dae wi has the advantage.

ErosVp

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Just read in the mangareader.... This was the worst chapter i've read in this series....

That Baek Chungsul was starting to be annoying since the enlightment thing, then there is he thinking Dae Wi resembles his father and getting overagitated because of this, but his techinique is what is more annoying! I loled when i saw his swordsman pose there and then the spears hahahaha

And I could understand Dae wi not atacking an opponent's back, but don't atack the guy sliping is ridiculous! Using the battleground to one's advantage is normal, he could at least make use of his own sweat... And if he is fighting for the sake of his friend and if he is that powerful that Baek's best techinique looked like kids play, then why he let himself get a beating like that?

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
Reaction score
Country
United States
Martial Artist have honor codes like that. Fighting fair and things like that and Dae wi seems to be the kind of person that would not take a cheap shot to win. I did not mind the part about Chung Sul and his comparison to Dae wi being like his dad or a super hero. I thought it was interesting.

ErosVp

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I can understand the honor code about not hitting someone from the back, but there are martial artists that use the arena for his own purpose (in others mangas XD).
And didn't Baek's agitation was a bit out off character? I mean, he kept his composture even when his father died and now, because Dae Wi was being good, he got upset.... I know he didn't snap nor anything like that, but stilll..... the only cool thing about his style is using his father's bat and his analises. If he stops being cool headed it becomes annoying, nad those spears too!

I'm still looking foward to the Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu practitioner though!

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
Reaction score
Country
United States
xD - he did lose his composure there for a few moments. Though I think that's because he was surprised by Dae wi's character and strength. Something that reminded him of his ideal hero / dad - he was not expecting. I did think that the slipping on the sweat and blood looked a little weak. Maybe it could have illustrated a little better on that part.

ErosVp

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
When he was slipping i thought Dae Wi had planed that, like Baek planned let Dae Wi slip on the bat! I felt more annoyed because of that, i was already smiling thinking Dae Wi beat Baek in this own game... lol

---------- Post added October 15, 2011 at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was October 10, 2011 at 01:19 PM ----------

Just read chapter 21 in mangareader...

Now... Dae Wi was playing before right? He wanted everyone to think he was in a pinch, because he is so much stronger than his opponent it is almost bully! Why didn't he do that from the beggining? Whatever...
It was a good chapter, Dae Wi was awesome! And Baek did good too, in copying Jin's techinique.... in fact, i liked his character more in the end.

Bludvein

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
When he was slipping i thought Dae Wi had planed that, like Baek planned let Dae Wi slip on the bat! I felt more annoyed because of that, i was already smiling thinking Dae Wi beat Baek in this own game... lol

---------- Post added October 15, 2011 at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was October 10, 2011 at 01:19 PM ----------

Just read chapter 21 in mangareader...

Now... Dae Wi was playing before right? He wanted everyone to think he was in a pinch, because he is so much stronger than his opponent it is almost bully! Why didn't he do that from the beggining? Whatever...
It was a good chapter, Dae Wi was awesome! And Baek did good too, in copying Jin's techinique.... in fact, i liked his character more in the end.
Dae Wi wasn't really playing with him though. That technique is too much for his body at his current level. It completely wore him out. He would've been in deep shit if Baek didn't stay down.

There is also the fact that he wanted to keep it secret. Now all his future opponents know about it.

Last edited:

ErosVp

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
So... Who will win this tournament? Will Dae Wi or Mi Ra being the protagonists win this?

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm not sure who will win the next round.
Who is listed to be the next opponents? Anyone remember?