Match - Weekly Match-up thread (Mares vs QP) | Page 25 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Match Weekly Match-up thread (Mares vs QP)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
ROUND IS OVER

Yukimura Seiichi / Tokugawa Kazuya
With D2 in Japan vs Spain done, let's move onto the 30th round!:

Mares performed admirably against Kintarou's evolved TnK. How would he fair against QP's God Aura?

Picture
NameMares de ColónQP
TitleSniperQuality of Perfect
RankSpain Representative (HSer Year 3)Germany Representative (HSer Year 2)
Height-177cm
Weight-63kg
Dominant HandRightLeft
Playstyle-All Rounder
Stat Total--
Speed--
Power--
Stamina--
Mental--
Technique--
Techniques / StylesSniper
Real Sniper
Francotirador
White Flame
Ultimate Quality Aura

QP's 23.5 profile

Poll will be up on Wednesday.

Last edited:

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
I could had sworn I had changed the title of the thread.

Poll is up! I'll ponder a bit, I think there's arguments for either to win here, but I'm leaning on Siegfried.

Just thinking about the status of either puts Siegfried ahead, since he was Germany's second best player in their camp (up until Tezuka joined). Needless to say, even if this is Japan's golden generation, Germany's development is better (hence why Tezuka went there). On top of that, he was forcing Tezuka into long rallies before even getting TnK, whereas Yukimura seemingly couldn't.

LetalHawk

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Spain

Poll is up! I'll ponder a bit, I think there's arguments for either to win here, but I'm leaning on Siegfried.

Just thinking about the status of either puts Siegfried ahead, since he was Germany's second best player in their camp (up until Tezuka joined). Needless to say, even if this is Japan's golden generation, Germany's development is better (hence why Tezuka went there). On top of that, he was forcing Tezuka into long rallies before even getting TnK, whereas Yukimura seemingly couldn't.
Yukimura overwhelmed Tezuka until he activated TnK. I doubt Siegfried could at least do the same if he doesn’t tape into it.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
Yukimura overwhelmed Tezuka until he activated TnK. I doubt Siegfried could at least do the same if he doesn’t tape into it.
Wow I misremembered that scene. I went back to check and Tezuka wasn't using TnK at all against Sieg... You are correct.

mathematicianrcg

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
To be fair.

Yukimura have Fuji's Tape, Atobe's Tip, Tokugawa's training, and all kinds of Intel. To combat Tezuka. (Who knows if Siegfried can utilize the same data and Intel)

But yeah. Yuki overwhelmed Base Tezuka in First Set.

The funny thing is it IS ALSO BASE TEZUKA in the 3rd set that Beat Yuki's Dream (Which defeated UZ and TNK). By using Simple Fast Serve ACE and Zero Shiki Lob. Lmao.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

WHAT?!!

Shiraishi is winning the Poll 6-1???

That is insane. NO WAY.

People are implying that if Shiraishi went to Germany, instead of Tezuka. Shiraishi will also surpass Frank and Sieg for Top German Mser Spot.🤦

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
I mean..... Siegfried and Franken doesn't hold a candle to Tezuka.... or Echizen.... or Kintarou... or blue eyes Kirihara.... or Atobe....

Even those obvious 5 aside, there's also Yukimura, and Sanada, and even Fuji whom is now equal to Echizen.

That's like at least not top 5 MS is they were to live in Japan. German MS just isn't that impressive. Siegfried barely beat Kirihara which at a cost of himself being incapacitated by execution. And that version of Kirihara that he barely beat just.... isn't that high on a lot of people list. I consider Star Bible Shiraishi higher than that Kirihara, and I think they at least would have been equal.

And Siegfried upgrade that fight that version is useless in Singles because it's Howling.

Last edited:

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I thought of matchups that will be interesting after this april chapters

1. Tezuka VS Mares

2. Tezuka VS Kin

Yep, I wonder if Mares and/or Kin showing are only for Doubles. Or they are even stronger in Singles.

I wanna use Tezuka as the point estimate/estimator

3. Yukimura VS Seda will be interesting too.

Lorca

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Spain
I thought of matchups that will be interesting after this april chapters

1. Tezuka VS Mares

2. Tezuka VS Kin

Yep, I wonder if Mares and/or Kin showing are only for Doubles. Or they are even stronger in Singles.

I wanna use Tezuka as the point estimate/estimator

3. Yukimura VS Seda will be interesting too.
Both Tezuka's are good suggestions yet I'm really eager to wait and see Mares and Kin at the end of their match.
on that note, is Tezuka still the best Mser(aside from Ryoma and Ryoga) iyo?

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
Almost forgot to vote.

I still think Sieg's got this. Sure he stood no chance against regular Tezuka but at the same time he was hurting his LEGS (not his arm) so he was making him move around despite the fact that he knew no counter for the Zone (other than straight up overwpowering him like Sanada did before using Rai). I do not see Shiraishi with Bible tennis doing that.

After that they both get buffs of similar magnitude. I reckon TnK overall is stronger (since it improves all your stats at once) but Star Bible's buff is huge and it gives you versatility.

I thought about it for a bit and I think that Shiraishi does have habits that can be exploited. Since he always attacks following the same patterns, Siegfried can learn them and directly attack them. The regular bible is predictable as it wastes no movement, and Shiraishi does tend to follow sequences when using Star Bible (Speed to defend followed Power or Tec depending on the opponent, Stamina in-between points).

Shiraishi's feat against Kin is no joke BUT all players react to it as Shiraishi attacking Kin's weak points, not him being ahead in a head-on battle. On top of that, from Kin's point of view in the same chapters, Tooyama's struggles came from it being doubles which I imagine only highlighted his weaknesses.

That said, it's overall really close and either side could win this.

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Almost forgot to vote.

I still think Sieg's got this. Sure he stood no chance against regular Tezuka but at the same time he was hurting his LEGS (not his arm) so he was making him move around despite the fact that he knew no counter for the Zone (other than straight up overwpowering him like Sanada did before using Rai). I do not see Shiraishi with Bible tennis doing that.

After that they both get buffs of similar magnitude. I reckon TnK overall is stronger (since it improves all your stats at once) but Star Bible's buff is huge and it gives you versatility.

I thought about it for a bit and I think that Shiraishi does have habits that can be exploited. Since he always attacks following the same patterns, Siegfried can learn them and directly attack them. The regular bible is predictable as it wastes no movement, and Shiraishi does tend to follow sequences when using Star Bible (Speed to defend followed Power or Tec depending on the opponent, Stamina in-between points).

Shiraishi's feat against Kin is no joke BUT all players react to it as Shiraishi attacking Kin's weak points, not him being ahead in a head-on battle. On top of that, from Kin's point of view in the same chapters, Tooyama's struggles came from it being doubles which I imagine only highlighted his weaknesses.

That said, it's overall really close and either side could win this.
I also think Sieg should have this or else Germany Msers will be disappointing.

Shiraishi is barely Top 10 in Japan Msers.

Siegfried is literally the strongest homegrown German Singles Mser Player (Tezuka is not homegrown, and Bertie is presumed to be weak in singles)

The mere fact that it is being seen as close shows that Germany Talent and #1 Ranking revolves around their Hsers.

Their top Msers Siegfried and Frankensteiner are RELATIVELY weak tbh.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
ROUND IS OVER

Shiraishi Kuranosuke
27th round:

Can Fuji manage to be right under Japan's G-5, or will he be a victim of Irie's acting?

Picture
NameIrie KanataFuji Shuusuke
TitlePierrotGenius
RankNo. 11 (HSer Year 3)No. 9 (MSer Year 3)
Height165 cm167cm
Weight55 kg53 kg
Dominant HandLeftRight
PlaystyleAll RounderCounter puncher
Stat Total2218
Speed63
Power13
Stamina23
Mental74
Technique65
Techniques / StylesHypothesis acting (What the hell is this?)
World of Ice (Equivalent) (not listed)
Teni Muhou no Kiwami (bia acting) (not listed)
Phoenix Return (1st+)
Kirin Drop (2nd+)
White Dragon (3rd+)
Dragonfly Illusion (4th)
Gate Keeper of Hecatoncheires (5th)
Star Fireworks (6th)
Closed Eyes
Hollyhock Blizzard
Light Wind
Kitsune Fireball

Their 10.5 profiles are here.

Irie's tenipuri party profile.

Fuji's 23.5 profile.

Fuji's Tenipuri Party profile.

Poll up tomorrow.

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
ROUND IS OVER

Shiraishi Kuranosuke
27th round:

Can Fuji manage to be right under Japan's G-5, or will he be a victim of Irie's acting?

Picture
NameIrie KanataFuji Shuusuke
TitlePierrotGenius
RankNo. 11 (HSer Year 3)No. 9 (MSer Year 3)
Height165 cm167cm
Weight55 kg53 kg
Dominant HandLeftRight
PlaystyleAll RounderCounter puncher
Stat Total2218
Speed63
Power13
Stamina23
Mental74
Technique65
Techniques / StylesHypothesis acting (What the hell is this?)
World of Ice (Equivalent) (not listed)
Teni Muhou no Kiwami (bia acting) (not listed)
Phoenix Return (1st+)
Kirin Drop (2nd+)
White Dragon (3rd+)
Dragonfly Illusion (4th)
Gate Keeper of Hecatoncheires (5th)
Star Fireworks (6th)
Closed Eyes
Hollyhock Blizzard
Light Wind
Kitsune Fireball

Their 10.5 profiles are here.

Irie's tenipuri party profile.

Fuji's 23.5 profile.

Fuji's Tenipuri Party profile.

Poll up tomorrow.
Interesting. I cannot still make up my mind. That Power of 1 by Irie really bugs me. Because that will mean he doesnt have any power to return any Of Fuji's heavy ball new attacking techniques.

Also, I am intrigued by the fact that Irie has higher technique than Fuji? Despite the latter having more.

Hot Take: I really think Irie had a lot of hidden abilities under his sleeves that Konomi was not able to show.

Hypothesis Acting??? Did he show that in the story yet?

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
We know that Irie is G5 level due to him crushing Kaji.

That said, Fuji also is equal to Echizen and would beat him if not for the rain.

This would be more clear if we get the beginning of Ryoga vs Ryoma. If Ryoma happen to be able to hold his ground with Ryoga on some level, then I think Fuji win this without a doubt. If he lose, then it depends if Irie is Raph/Amadeus level or not.

It's overall a good match given the lack of info so far. I think I'll give it to Fuji but I'll be more sure when Ryoma actually play.

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I will never think Irie is in Ralph/Amadeus Level. Tbh

Maybe, I kinda overestimating them but I see it as

Big4: Ryoga, Byo, Medanore, Volk

Bridge before Big 4: UA QP

High Level Pro : Ralph/Amadeus/Oni

That said, Fuji also is equal to Echizen and would beat him if not for the rain.

This would be more clear if we get the beginning of Ryoga vs Ryoma. If Ryoma happen to be able to hold his ground with Ryoga on some level, then I think Fuji win this without a doubt. If he lose, then it depends if Irie is Raph/Amadeus level or not.

It's overall a good match given the lack of info so far. I think I'll give it to Fuji but I'll be more sure when Ryoma actually play.
Irie's World of ice is seen stronger than Atobe's World of Ice when they played during G10 arc.

And maybe that can be a factor. Can Fuji made a way to counter his ice blind spots?

🤔🤔🤔

On the flip side, I am not sure Irie is skilled enough to combat the combination of Fuji's Attacking Techniques and Counter Techniques.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Well, in the Ryoma VS Irie matchup. Ryoma convincingly won.

So if people here agree that Ryoma = Fuji. Then, Fuji should win by transitive property.

Unless there is a matchup skills advantage against each other.

And I think there is/are.

felixng2011

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
No idea. Even now we have not seen Irie get serious and maybe we never will....

Would be nice if we see Irie play a match maybe as a backup. Singles 1 is a tie or something.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
Sorry bros I'm travelling.

Poll is up!

A big part of Ryoma's struggles was that the 5th + 1st counter combo was sealing like half of his strongest moves.

I think Irie's high technique gives him the edge over Ryoma when it comes to facing the 5th counter. Nationals! Tezuka could return it cleanly, Shiraishi and Ryoma couldn't. There's a chance Ryoma's 5 in Tech is "just" because he can quickly learn Special moves rather than having an excepcional control over the ball. On the other hand, Irie's 6 reads:

"Once he sees his opponent's reactions, he has the high level skill of instantly changing the balls trajectory and shot type.".

With that out of the way, Irie's path to victory is much more direct: his base stats are better than Ryoma's, and specifically his peaks beat all of Fuji's best stats.

There's a chance Fuji won't fall for Irie's acting because he's impossible to read, despite his average Mental, but overall I think the HSer's got this.

Sorry bros I'm travelling.

Poll is up!

A big part of Ryoma's struggles was that the 5th + 1st counter combo was sealing like half of his strongest moves.

I think Irie's high technique gives him the edge over Ryoma when it comes to facing the 5th counter. Nationals! Tezuka could return it cleanly, Shiraishi and Ryoma couldn't. There's a chance Ryoma's 5 in Tech is "just" because he can quickly learn Special moves rather than having an excepcional control over the ball. On the other hand, Irie's 6 reads:

"Once he sees his opponent's reactions, he has the high level skill of instantly changing the balls trajectory and shot type.".

With that out of the way, Irie's path to victory is much more direct: his base stats are better than Ryoma's, and specifically his peaks beat all of Fuji's best stats.

There's a chance Fuji won't fall for Irie's acting because he's impossible to read, despite his average Mental, but overall I think the HSer's got this.

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Lol.

Ryoma defeated Irie Convincingly in our past poll.

But Fuji is losing now to Irie, despite Fuji was shown even to Ryoma back in Intra Tournament. Lol

Ganonslayer101

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Lol.

Ryoma defeated Irie Convincingly in our past poll.

But Fuji is losing now to Irie, despite Fuji was shown even to Ryoma back in Intra Tournament. Lol
I think it's clear that Fuji is better than Irie. He can use Radiant Gale to keep up with TnK which is Irie's biggest threat. Irie maybe has World of Ice, but outside of Atobe vs Ryoma, World of Ice isn't absolute.

However Scaling Fuji vs Ryoma is tricky IMO. Ryoma intentionally made the match a game of "can I return all 6 counters?" Which makes it dubious if he played seriously. We saw Ryoma return every counter, but Fuji still won the point each time. Plus he can defeat all of Ryoma's techniques.

However again, we don't see Ryoma use Samurai and the finicky wind put Fuji at advantage and disadvantage in the match. Plus Ryoma relies a lot on Special Moves which makes him the ultimate prey for Fuji's counters. So overall, I think it's hard to get a clear picture on where either stands because the match is such a mess writing wise.

Tavore

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
England
Irie takes it he's Genius 5 lvl that's a tier to high for Fuji.

LetalHawk

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Irie takes it he's Genius 5 lvl that's a tier to high for Fuji.
He was even to Ryoma who is definitely G5 level, and even Ryoma didn’t use all his cards.

Tavore

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
England
He was even to Ryoma who is definitely G5 level, and even Ryoma didn’t use all his cards.
So your saying Fuji better than Yukimura?