Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Jump (2024) - News and Discussion! | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2024) - News and Discussion!

Your Favorite Chapters of Issue #22/23 of 2024 (5 Choices At Most)

• One Piece 1113

• My Hero Academia 421

• Black Clover 370 & 371

• Jujutsu Kaisen 258

• Mission: Yozakura Family 224

• Undead Unluck 205

• Me & Roboco 183

• Sakamoto Days 164

• The Elusive Samurai 155

• Witch Watch 154

• Blue Box 147

• Akane Banashi 108

• Kill Blue 51

• Nue's Exorcist 48

• Kagurabachi 31

• Green Green Greens 21

• Super Psychic Policeman Chojo 12

• Dear Anemone 11

• Astro Royale 3

• Kyokuto Necromance 2

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
WEEKLY SHONEN JUMP (2024) - NEWS AND DISCUSSION

Welcome to the 2024 thread for news and discussions of the Weekly Shonen Jump magazine!

Shonen Jump is a weekly magazine published by Shueisha since 1968, It's the biggest manga magazine in Japan, the home of many of the biggest manga & anime classics in Japan history with the current print circulation around 1.2 million copies per Issue + 700k digital copies being sold every week. Despite being a magazine part of the shounen demographic which focuses in the kids & teenagers audience, a very good portion of the current readers are young & older adults, also many female readers too.

The current line up:

1. One Piece by Eiichiro Oda (1997)
2. Hunter x Hunter by Yoshihiro Togashi (1998) - Hiatus
3. My Hero Academia by Kohei Horikoshi (2014)
4. Jujutsu Kaisen by Gege Akutami (2018)
5. Mission: Yozakura Family by Hitsuji Gondaira (2019)
6. Undead Unluck by Yoshifumi Tozuka (2020)
7. Me & Roboco by Shuhei Miyazaki (2020)
8. Burn The Witch by Tite Kubo (2020) - Irregular Serialization
9. Sakamoto Days by Yuto Suzuki (2020)
10. The Elusive Samurai by Yusei Matsui (2021)
11. Witch Watch by Kenta Shinohara (2021)
12. Blue Box by Koji Miura (2021)
13. Akane Banashi by Yuki Suenaga & Takamasa Moue (2022)
14. Ruri Dragon by Masaoki Shindo (2022) - In Hiatus
15. Cipher Academy by Nisio Isin & Yuuji Iwasaki (2022)
16. Kill Blue by Tadatoshi Fujimaki (2023)
17. Nue's Exorcist by Kota Kawae (2023)
18. Martial Master Asumi by Kawada (2023)
19. MamaYuyu by Yoshihiko Hayashi (2023)
20. Kagurabachi by Takeru Hokazono (2023)
21. Two on Ice by Elck Itsumo (2023)
22. Green Green Greens by Kento Terasaka (2023)
23. Ruirui Senki by Kento Amemiya (2023)

Jump GIGA:

-Black Clover by Yuki Tabata (2015)

Important to remember: this thread, like always, is to discuss the news, updates, ToC and everything related to the Weekly Shonen Jump magazine, discussions or comments that are not about WSJ or bring nothing more than a potential derail or heat discussions between members will be stop/deleted, and also remember, this isn't a "chapter" discussion thread, so avoid making too much "in depth" discussions/comments about the content of X manga chapter, specially mangas with over 3 volumes, but if needed, hide under the spoiler tags please.

That's it, good discussions and have fun! :kkthumbs

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
WEEKLY SHONEN JUMP 2024 - PREDICTIONS!

Everybody, feel free to make your official 2024 predictions for WSJ, you can of course include Jump Festa predictions for December since it falls into the beggining of the 2024 fiscal year.

And for the members that already posted their prediction in the older thread, please, copy the comments and post here again! :super Also, any member that didn't posted reviewing their 2023 prediction yet, you still can post here, just copy your predictions from the 2023 thread.

Obs: Refrain from mocking or criticizing any prediction from others, each member has the right to make whatever prediction they want even if is something is almost sure to not happen, ok? so let's go!

Thehoennhippo

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Damn I finally read today's issue and the 2023 thread is already closed! All I'll say is I liked Green Green Greens and man MamaYuyu is too damn good to be tanking. Will whip up some predictions tomorrow, I'm going to bed.

SunPillar

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't read every series so I'll just give predictions to the one that I do read:
My Hero Academia - I know it's kind of a meme at this point, but it will actually end this year, and accounting for Hori's breaks I think it'll go on to at least the Summer.
Jujutsu Kaisen - Gege's a wildcard so JJK can either end in 2 months or a whole year, I'll give him a whole year though maybe even early 2025.
Blue Box - I think has another two good years in the tank with all the new characters introduced. The anime will give it a solid boost.
Ruri Dragon - We'll get an official announcement on the state of this series.
Kagurabachi - A Doron Dorororon 2.0 where it lives for quite a bit due to having a couple of series perform worse than it, but will eventually get axed.

As for wants:
I wait patiently for the day Togo Goto and Kento Matsuura return. I think it's probably Harukaze Mound, but I wouldn't mind the Vampire one shot they did a few years ago.
I would also interested in Genki Ono's one shot Yashatsubaki in being serialized.

JBC008

Reaction score
Country
So I posted it in the last forum so here are the predictions going into 2024.

Now for my predictions on the current series and what to expect for the future.

Current Series:

-One Piece: Will finish Egghead Island in 2-4 months and go to Elbaf, Saturn is defeated by being incapacitated.,we see Imu's face, the crew splits up again, and the set final pieces for this war against all of the threats of the world. Also news on Season 2 of the LA series primarily to casting (prediction that Jamie Lee Curtis as Dr. Kureha and Xolo Maridueña as Ace).

-Hunter x Hunter: Will finally come out and say where it is being transferred to.

-My Hero Academia: The series will finish in April to June of 2024. Season 7 will appear in the summer season, and the 4th movie in the Spring (or in the Fall as a way to conclude the series after the main series).

-Jujutsu Kaisen: Will probably end in the Fall of 2024. New light novel will come.

-Mission Yozakura Family: Will end in late 2024 to early 2025. Anime will appear in the Spring of 2024 only to a modest boost. If it gets a video game, a different selection set for the Switch that will cater to different minigames to the Yozakura Family.

-Undead Unluck: Will end in 2025. But will do all of the recruitment during that time. First finishing recruiting Enjin, then Andy, Sadako, Tatiana, Backs, Top, Juiz, and Ruin (we will have different genres as we have seen since the new loop and after someone here metioned we might get a romance/idol drama arc [Sadako], Sports [Top], and the rest I am not sure). If pushed more and would get a game, it will either be an RPG or Fighting game (but then again, that is asking to much and I know that the anime isn't helpping blow it up as much).

-Me & Roboco: Will either end at chapter 199-200 (being a total of 20 volumes), or keep on going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going......................and, going. Will not end in 2024.

-Sakamoto Days: Anime announcement. And will finish the current arc but will be on the levels of a 50+ chapter arc. I really don't think the Slur saga will come to an end yet. I do think it might have 2-3 more years left. And as a promotion, probably a new chain of convenient stores dedicated to Sakamoto Days (but that will be WAY down the line).

-The Elusive Samurai: Will probably end near the end of 2024 to early 2025. The anime will air in October (Fall of 2024), and it will be a decent boost but not mega boost.

-Witch Watch: Anime announcement. And Nico will collect 8 Butterflies, but the final 2 will be on a quest and go back to action in 2025. Some new light novels will come out and a cd drama.

-Blue Box: Will get more into the sports side of things, new character romance drama for some not yet to already established characters. And the anime will not come out until 2025.

-Akane-banashi: Anime announcement. Also more push from the Rakugo world and a world showcase of Rakugo. That or a stage play.

-RuriDragon: Will return and transfer to Jump+.

-Cipher Academy: Will come to an end in the middle to the end of 2024.

-Kill Blue: Will hop between the middle to the back of the magazine, and will introduce 1-2 new Unicorns while also going back to some hostage situations for Noren and slight exposure risk on Ogami.

-Nue's Exorcist: Might get to stay if it introduces a big arc. But other than that nothing changes, unless the magazine gets better series in 2024 and it could be a casualty. But right now, I think it is safe.

-Martial Master Asumi: Will be canceled in the Spring of 2024.

-MamaYuyu: Axed

-Kagurabachi: 50/50 on either axe or will last a bit longer.

-Two on Ice: Axed

-Green Green Greens and Ruirui: To early to tell.

Predictions on new series:

-Batch of 10-12 new titles

-2-3 returning established veterans (Komi, Aso, Tsutsui, Usazaki [with a new writer] or Sorachi [I will not count Furudate or Gotouge due to their series in animated form needing to end before they start])

-5-7 failed artist's looking to get a second chance. Some of those include The Phantom Seer Duo, Daijiro Nonoue, Genkai Ono, Santa Mitarashi, and maybe Kazusa Inaoka.

-For Newbies, we will get that one-shot that won the GFC, and maybe Taishin Uemura.

-For genres 6 battle manga (1 Fantasy Adventure [in the same vein as Dragon Ball, Dragon Quest: The Adventure's of Dai, One Piece, and Toriko], 2 Spy/Assasin, 2 Supernatural Exorcist, and 1 Sci/Fi), 2 Sports, 1 Comedy/Gag, 1 Romace, 1 Mystery/Detective, and 1 Miscelenious (probabily slice of life or something like that).

-Nakano will step down in 2024 and he will be replaced with either Saito or Honda (which I am personally rooting for the latter).

Last edited:

Broseph

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Alright, predictions for 2024! This should be fun

Current manga:
One Piece- Egghead ends by February and then we go into Ebalf arc for the rest of the year
Hunter x Hunter- We get another 10 chapter batch at some point in the second half of the year
My Hero Academia- Lasts longer than people think but is done before 10th anniversary in July. Guessing May will be last chapter
Jujutsu Kaisen- Doesn't end in 2024 but will be extremely close to ending with the final arc being announced and mostly finished by end of the year
Mission: Yozakura Family- Anime gives it a minimal boost, not unlike Undead Unluck this season. Finishes by end of the year
Undead Unluck- Not ending this year
Sakamoto Days- Anime finally announced for 2025 release
The Elusive Samurai- Anime doesn't give a particularly big boost but still a respectable one
Witch Watch- Anime announced for 2025 release
Blue Box- Anime gives a great boost to sales and a volume breaks 200k+ in sales
Akane Banashi- Sales stay around current numbers but an anime announced for 2025
Ruri Dragon- Doesn't return yet unfortunately
Cipher Academy- Survives for most of the year but will end by the end of the year
Kill Blue- A solid mid-tier seller, hits around 35-40k by next year
Nue's Exorcist- Shows good growth potential and its last volume of the year hits 50k
Martial Master Asumi- Axed by the middle of the year
MamaYuYu- Doesn't survive the next round unfortunately
Kagurabachi- Hangs in there through the year but things aren't looking good for 2025
Two on Ice- Doesn't survive the next round

Old Jump Manga: (Ones that either finished or got moved to another magazine)
Black Clover- It's 4th Giga chapter of 2024 will be the final chapter (so 200 pages left) and anime return announced next Jump Festa
Chainsaw Man- Bomb Devil arc announced to be adapted into a movie coming late 2024 with season 2 for the rest of Part 1 teased
Rurouni Kenshin- Gets another season
Kimetsu no Yaiba- Final arc announced to be adapted into a movie trilogy (IC portion might have already been leaked so idk if this counts)
Naruto- 4 anniversary episodes come way later than expected so near Fall
Bleach- Next cour will be in Spring with the final one teased for Winter 2025

Future General Predictions:
Nakano steps down
The next big Jump action series makes its debut
Green Green Greens survives the first batch but dies not too long after that
Ruirui Senki doesn't have a great run either
Phantom Seer duo is back
Next console Jump crossover game is announced and released

Last edited:

Shonenfan

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Current Series:

* One Piece: Egghead arc ends with the straw hats escaping to Elbaf. We see Imu's full appearance in the post arc (fingers crossed) when Saturn reports to them, we get teased BB v Shanks, Akainu going to Elbaf (as Surtur), Big Mom going to Elbaf after taking Kaido's soul, the SH split with most of them going to get the 4th poneglphy from Dragon. Elbaf still ongoing.

* Sakamoto Days: current arc gets completed. Slur is still not defeated. Final arc of the slur saga starts. Anime announced if not announced by this Jump Festa.

* Akane Banashi: Anime doesn't get announced until next Jump Festa at the earliest. Continues to do very well.

* KB: Series continues to ascend.

* UU: Series is still not over, but we get very close to the final arc of this final saga. Continues to be incredible with different genres. I could. We touch a sports genre, a romance/idol genre, and a pure gag genre for the new members

* MHA: series ends in the mid spring

* JJK: series ends very late summer

* ES: series hangs on like MYF has done. Anime provides minimal boost.

* MYF: Series ends in the late fall/early winter

* Nue: Series continues to grow in popularity with more than 2 Covers.

* BB: We get close to Taiki's 3rd year.

* M&R: series continues to do it's thing.

* 2 on Ice: gets axed by next batch

* MMY: Sadly ets axed next batch

* WW: Anime announcement when it gets its next cover.

* MMA: I could see it surviving as an editor favorite like UU and pulls a CA. Depends on how GGG does. I think they're similar which hurts it.

* Kagurabachi: sadly gets axed next batch or the international reception keeps it alive for an extra batch

* CA: ends before the end of the year.

* GGG: (edit) fantastic start. I think this survives and may end MMA.

*Ruirui: gets axed, but again will have to read it.

New Series:
* First we get an EIC change announcement that will take effect end of 2024 or 2025.

* Suffice it to say we will get at least one exorcist series, a gag series that's grounded, a gag series that is ridiculous, an adventure series, a non battle battle manga, a sci fi, an echi. We're going to get a supernatural school series. No supernatural sports this one I think.

* For newbies, I think we get Tate Roll, Harukawa Jun, and last years Golden Cup winner and this years Golden Cup winner.

* For vets, I think we get Sorachi, Phantom Seer author, Saki's author, Shimabu, and one of Haikyuu/Demon Slayer's author

* We get one super batch of at least 4 series.

Kiaida

Reaction score
Country
United Nations
Let's try predictions.

One Piece: They'll get to Elbaf. Some sort of One Piece fighting game will be announced.
Hunter x Hunter: We'll get 10 chapters again and they'll be on the magazine. Two members of the Phantom Troupe will die.
My Hero Academia: Series end by May. New anime season will air, but won't finish the story yet.
Jujutsu Kaisen: Ends by August. Will get some canon light novels to cover characters that didn't get to do much.
Mission: Yozakura Family: Ends while the anime is airing.
Undead Unluck: Will be on its final arc, but won't end yet.
Me & Roboco: Will keep going and get a 2nd anime season.
Burn The Witch: Will get a new batch alongside the new anime specials.
Sakamoto Days: Anime announcement finally, ufotable on it.
The Elusive Samurai: The anime will be highly regarded because of the great production and direction, will get a moderate boost in sales.
Witch Watch: Anime will be announced AND air.
Blue Box: Anime will make it the 2nd best selling manga after Hero Academia and Jujutsu end. Will get a live action series as well.
Akane Banashi: Anime announced. There'll be a revenge match against Hikaru.
Ruri Dragon: Will come back, publish a new volume and go on hiatus again.
Cipher Academy: Will end up surviving, but always fighting other bottom series.
Kill Blue: Will survive, but drop from its super high ToC placements.
Nue's Exorcist: Will keep being a mid-ranker with loyal fans. Vol 3 will have Shiroha on the cover, 4 will have Shitotsu. Gets obi rec by a popular author.
Martial Master Asumi: Survives one round of cancellation, but goes out in the next.
MamaYuyu: Axed in the next round.
Kagurabachi: Will still be running, but always fighting the axe.
Two on Ice: Axed in the next round.
Green Green Greens: Axed in 30 chapters.
Ruirui Senki: Axed in 20 chapters.

-

New manga predictions:

- GFC 2022 winner gets published. 23's winnner will be nowhere to be seen.
- tsutsui comes back with his fanservicey assassin manga
- Miura publishes the succubus series
- Tiger and Lamb gets serialized
- Kawaguchi won't come back to the main magazine and will instead do Nanda-san for J+
- Kamiki Kei won't come back as well, will start a licensed manga on Saikyo
- usazaki imperial court manga gets serialized and becomes an instant hit from the first chapter

-

Other random predictions:

- Pyu to Fuku Jaguar gets an anime
- Shaman King will be back on the magazine celebrations
- Bleach will get another oneshot
- Reborn gets a remake, announced as full adaptation, but will be on D+
- Next Jump versus game is announced, there won't be issues with rights: Kimetsu, Jujutsu and Chainsaw Man will be there and heavily promoted. Random old character added will be Fuusuke from Ninku
- There'll be another Dragon Ball x One Piece crossover special episode
- Black Clover won't end
- To Love-ru will come back on Jump SQ

Last edited:

iker_03

Reaction score
Country
Spain
My 2024 Predictions
ONE PIECE: Egg Head will end, and next step will be Elbaf
MHA: Gonna end before spring (prob meanwhile S7 airs)
JJK: Gonna end at the end of the year (or at leas will be not much left)
MYF: Will not end in 2024 but will anounce with a CP the start of the final arc, Anime airs on spring (2 cours), will not be a super boost but much better than UU (maybe gonna help reach 50k mark)
UU: Anime will continue to do nothing, sales will continue decline, by the end of the year (if its not already gone) it should be near the end
Roboco: Its roboco, so who knows (i just want a Bleach and Black Clover parody covers)
SD: Finally the anime will be announce, gonna fell over the 100k mark but still above 80k
TES: Anime will be a good adap but will end up as UU, sales will be pretty much on the line (40k mark), and maybe will be closer to ending
WW: Anime announce
BB: Anime on fall, pretty super strong boost, but series gonna end meanwhile the anime airs (end of 2024 start of 2025)
Akane: Anime annnounce in Jump Festa 2025, sales will be between 45-50k
Ruri: Return.
Cipher: Will finally reach the 20k mark, struggle to survive
KB: Sales gonna start going up instead of the actual decline, 2 covers (random and anni)
Nue: Same as KB, i think it will start getting pushed, and maybe some recomendation in a vol obi
MMA: If a miracle doesnt happen, axed
MMY: Gonna be axed
Kgb: If it survives is gonna be because everything else is doing worse, time will be Kagura best friend, will end up survive (and maybe win Next Manga Awards)
TOI: Gonna be axed
GGG and Ruirui: Too early to said, but if GGG succeds (or at least does more than 10k first vol), then is truly over form MMA

New series/Future of Jump:
-Burn the Witch will return
-Naoshi Komi will return
-A new Jump game will be announced
-Nakano leaves as EiC
-A Big hit by a newbie
-Shiro Usazaki will finally return
-The winner of GFG 2022 and 2023 will be published
-The Duo Ippon Takegushi & Santa Mitarashi (Candy Flurry) will return and finally succed

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Shoseki Ranking Top 500 (November 26)
5. ONE PIECE 107
8. My Hero Academia 39
68. SAKAMOTO DAYS 14
294. The Elusive Samurai 13
298. Mission: Yozakura Family 20
446. Me & Roboco 15
474. Kill Blue 2

And thats all for the November volumes (just missing the weekly rank), so Next step is Next week with December vols, the last ones of the calendar year (maybe gonna post later the volumes of each series)

Last edited:

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Green green greens had a great start

Along with MMA the future of sports in jump is incredibly bright.

Now we just need baseball and soccer.

Giblow_20

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I did quite poorly in my 2023 predictions so I think I will try to be even more wrong for 2024. Let's see how it goes:
  • One Piece: Egghead Island ends. We head into Elbaf arc. I want Usopp to gain a real hammer from the giants
  • MHA: it will end FOR SURE......maybe........
  • JJK: Manga will end in 2024. You know who returns with an eyepatch. Other you know who returns with a prosthetic hand. Itadori awakens a cursed technique
  • Yozakura: I think it will end first half of 2025. I think Asa will be able to suppress blooming (like Quincies and Soul Reaper bankais), so family must use true blooming to surpass that. Anime boosts sales slightly
  • UxU: The anime suddenly becomes mildly popular and finally starts boosting sales. Series will end early 2025
  • Roboco: I want to reuse last prediction, vtuber Roboco on an interview show. Also, Roboco makes a Red Cat Ramen reference because of the anime. Bondo will go through a training arc. Gorilla will be hit by the Rose from HxH
  • Sakamoto Days: anime announcement pls for the love of god
  • Elusive Samurai: no real change in sales from anime, series continues into 2025 (Idk the real world history so just going off the manga's pacing)
  • WW: I think they will collect all the butterflies in 2024 and we move onto the finale of this conflict in 2025. But the series will continue after that
  • Blue Box: Anime doubles volume sales per volume. Kyo x Ayame in the second half of 2024
  • Akane: I think it would be cool if Akane recovered a lost rakugou story like her ani. No ending in sight I think it will continue to 2026+
  • Cipher Academy: um, it will continue until second half of 2025
  • Kill Blue: It will continue until 2025+
  • Nue: Stays in middle of ToC, pops off when a girl makes a cute face, will stay in magazine 2025+. I think 2 people will join the harem
  • MMA: Hinomaru will appear!!!! Taiga will reappear as a Vegeta/Piccolo type character who is used to power scale new villains
  • MamYuyu: it will live!
  • Kagurabachi: It will live!
  • Two on Ice: It will live!!!
  • G3: It will be axed!
  • Other exorcist series I forgot the name of: It will be axed
  • Phantom Seer Duo: repeat last prediction, return with baseball series
  • Kubo: Preview of Burn the Witch chapters but no actual chapters. No Hellverse chapters
  • HxH: no chapters and Togashi reveals a secret Ending E that readers can unlock by overlapping their HxH under a UV light
  • Black Clover: hard to say, I think it will continue to 2026
  • New series (after GGG and the exorcist manga): 1 sport series, 2 comedy/gag, 2 action series, 1 adventure series, 1 drama/oddball
  • Ruri Dragon: Returns! And anime announcement after the 2nd volume releases

iker_03

Reaction score
Country
Spain
With the end of the Year, and the start of a new thread, i want to post the sales & covers of the current WSJ roast (and BC), just counting the ones realesed on the fiscal year (After November 2022 - 2023), also i want to apologize in advance cause this are going to be a mix of Shoseki estimations and Oricon numbers, so i can maybe mess up some numbers:

ONE PIECE by Eichiro Oda (3 volumes):

105: 1,600,577 copies
106: 1,457,923 copies
107: 1,300,580 copies (so far)

My Hero Academia by Kohei Horikoshi (3 volumes):
37. 601,911 copies
38. 546,263 copies
39. 492,411 copies (so far)
Black Clover by Yuki Tabata (2 volumes):
34. 127,226 copies
35. 114,091 copies
Jujutsu Kaisen by Gege Akutami (4 volumes):
21. 1,148,984 copies
22. 1,118,171 copies
23. 1,079,463 copies
24. 1,073,962 copies
Mission: Yozakura Family by Hitsuji Gondaira (5 volumes):
16. 37,472 copies
17. 34,303 copies
18. 33,078 copies
19. 28,626 copies
20. 27,524 copies (so far)
UNDEAD UNLUCK by Yoshifumi Tozuka (5 volumes):
14. 28,435 copies
15. 29,634 copies
16. 26,233 copies
17. 24,251 copies
18. 27,829 copies (ANIME)
Me & Roboco by Shuhei Miyazaki (5 volumes):
11. 20,760 copies (Hunter x Hunter Parody)
12. 20,787 copies (NARUTO Parody)
13. 27,265 copies (World Trigger Parody)
14. 22,423 copies (SAKAMOTO DAYS Parody)
15. 19,590 copies (so far) (DR.STONE Parody)
SAKAMOTO DAYS by Yuto Suzuki (5 volumes):
10. 100,975 copies
11. 112,423 copies
12. 105,558 copies
13. 103,166 copies
14. 97,957 copies (so far)
The Elusive Samurai by Yusei Matsui(5 volumes):
9. 54,373 copies
10. 52,982 copies
11. 46,598 copies
12. 45,684 copies
13. 42,742 copies (so far)
WITCH WATCH by Kenta Shinohara (5 volumes):
9. 56,683 copies
10. 56,337 copies
11. 57,006 copies
12. 51,955 copies
13. 48,740 copies
Blue Box by Kojui Miura (5 volumes):
8. 107,652 copies
9. 113,878 copies
10. 108,728 copies
11. 106,347 copies
12. 104,588 copies
Akane-banashi by Yuki Suenaga & Takamasa Moue (5 volumes):
4. 50,479 copies
5. 58,148 copies
6. 57,741 copies
7. 54,530 copies
8. 53,285 copies
Cipher Academy by NISIOISIN & Yūji Iwasaki (4 volumes):
1. 14,436 copies
2. 14,305 copies
3. 16,077 copies
4. 18,514 copies
Kill Blue by Tadatoshi Fujimaki (2 volumes):
1. 32,571 copies
2. 23,339 copies (so far)
Nue's Exorcist by Kōta Kawae (1 volume):
1. 24,340 copies
Martial Master Asumi by Kawada (1 volume):
1. 7,610 copies

Ps. Feel free to choose your favorite Volume Covers or say something if i mess up in some numbers:hi

monstera11

Reaction score
Country
Australia
With the end of the Year, and the start of a new thread, i want to post the sales & covers of the current WSJ roast (and BC), just counting the ones realesed on the fiscal year (After November 2022 - 2023), also i want to apologize in advance cause this are going to be a mix of Shoseki estimations and Oricon numbers, so i can maybe mess up some numbers:

ONE PIECE by Eichiro Oda (3 volumes):

105: 1,600,577 copies
106: 1,457,923 copies
107: 1,300,580 copies (so far)

My Hero Academia by Kohei Horikoshi (3 volumes):
37. 601,911 copies
38. 546,263 copies
39. 492,411 copies (so far)
Black Clover by Yuki Tabata (2 volumes):
34. 127,226 copies
35. 114,091 copies
Jujutsu Kaisen by Gege Akutami (4 volumes):
21. 1,148,984 copies
22. 1,118,171 copies
23. 1,079,463 copies
24. 1,073,962 copies
Mission: Yozakura Family by Hitsuji Gondaira (5 volumes):
16. 37,472 copies
17. 34,303 copies
18. 33,078 copies
19. 28,626 copies
20. 27,524 copies (so far)
UNDEAD UNLUCK by Yoshifumi Tozuka (5 volumes):
14. 28,435 copies
15. 29,634 copies
16. 26,233 copies
17. 24,251 copies
18. 27,829 copies (ANIME)
Me & Roboco by Shuhei Miyazaki (5 volumes):
11. 20,760 copies (Hunter x Hunter Parody)
12. 20,787 copies (NARUTO Parody)
13. 27,265 copies (World Trigger Parody)
14. 22,423 copies (SAKAMOTO DAYS Parody)
15. 19,590 copies (so far) (DR.STONE Parody)
SAKAMOTO DAYS by Yuto Suzuki (5 volumes):
10. 100,975 copies
11. 112,423 copies
12. 105,558 copies
13. 103,166 copies
14. 97,957 copies (so far)
The Elusive Samurai by Yusei Matsui(5 volumes):
9. 54,373 copies
10. 52,982 copies
11. 46,598 copies
12. 45,684 copies
13. 42,742 copies (so far)
WITCH WATCH by Kenta Shinohara (5 volumes):
9. 56,683 copies
10. 56,337 copies
11. 57,006 copies
12. 51,955 copies
13. 48,740 copies
Blue Box by Kojui Miura (5 volumes):
8. 107,652 copies
9. 113,878 copies
10. 108,728 copies
11. 106,347 copies
12. 104,588 copies
Akane-banashi by Yuki Suenaga & Takamasa Moue (5 volumes):
4. 50,479 copies
5. 58,148 copies
6. 57,741 copies
7. 54,530 copies
8. 53,285 copies
Cipher Academy by NISIOISIN & Yūji Iwasaki (4 volumes):
1. 14,436 copies
2. 14,305 copies
3. 16,077 copies
4. 18,514 copies
Kill Blue by Tadatoshi Fujimaki (2 volumes):
1. 32,571 copies
2. 23,339 copies (so far)
Nue's Exorcist by Kōta Kawae (1 volume):
1. 24,340 copies
Martial Master Asumi by Kawada (1 volume):
1. 7,610 copies

Ps. Feel free to choose your favorite Volume Covers or say something if i mess up in some numbers:hi
Most mangas have a steady decline. Why? Because it only track physical, is it because more people are buying digitals?

Dongus

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Jujutsu Kaisen ends this year and Gege Akutani immediately starts a harem romcom called Private Pure Love Train.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Read Green Green Greens 1st chapter and gotta say, its on par with MMA 1st chapter, at the very least more "modern", the author improved a LOT, its very well written, interesting, the art is good, the two main characters feels very human which shows Terasaka understand that sport mangas are about the characters and their interactions, specially with a sport like Golf, the golf scenes were competent, i think it was smart to not try to make fancy impactful scenes already.

And about jp reactions, reading comments on Matome, they're quite positive, mostly talking about the chapter itself are saying its interesting, that Oga is cute and the art is pretty good, but the thing is that there's also this pessimism that "since its golf is basically not going to be popular", even if most agree that was a good 1st chapter, so we gotta wait, it Terasaka can keep the level and even get better, this might actually have a chance.

tirakai

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Scotland
Greeeeeens was a good intro, the MC stands out a lot from the usual plucky hotblooded leads and secretly experienced geniuses we see in WSJ, with him being quite cocky but at the same time it's mostly about how great his friends are doing, never really considering where his own life is going since he's quick to feel satisfied and give up having never gotten serious. Girl's great too, honestly disliking the MC's attitude while also being somewhat jealous of his abilities.

Worst this weak besides Mamayuy is probablly MMA which felt like a total waste of a chapter (especially for something that's not doing the greatest), boring friend guy cannot hold a chapter up by himself.

monstera11

Reaction score
Country
Australia
First time doing predictions!

One Piece: still ongoing. Nothing else to say. It will be ongoing till the heat death of universe.

MHA: it will 100% end in 2024

JJK: will not end in 2024. It will go on till 2025. I feel that there are still much to cover because gege tend to do long fights

Blue box: become a hit. Live action announced.

TES: anime will not increase sales

Witch watch, akane and Sakamoto: anime announcement

Nue and kill blue: still survives. They are not in any danger

Roboco: still ongoing

Two on ice, Mamayuyu, MMA : axed

Cipher: soft axe. It will end when there is no more cushion

Kagurabachi: will somehow survive by keeping its head barely above water

GGG: too early to tell, but my money on axed

Stivie

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
It seems that not even Victhor's appearance generated a boost in UU sales.

Phantom RPG

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Predictions for next year, 2024:
  • One Piece: Egghead arc ends, with Elbaf beginning around the start of spring.
  • MHA: Ends next year, around spring.
  • JJK: Also ends, but i think around the summer.
  • MYF: Will not end on 2024, but yes 2025. Will not get a big boost thanks to the anime.
  • UU: Will continue till next year, i believe.
  • Roboco: Continues on for now i think.
  • SD: Anime announcement, will gain a good boost and will continue for the year as normal.
  • TES: Anime will not give a massive boost, also i think the final arc will begin for the series.
  • WW: Anime Annoucement
  • BB: Anime on fall, gain a massive boost.
  • Akane: Anime annoucement.
  • Ruri: Either return or switch to Jump Plus.
  • CA: Will struggle and likely end this year, whether in winter or spring.
  • KB: Decline in TOC and sales, but will remain for a while.
  • Nue: Will start getting a bit more recognition from the editorial team and gain more LCP.
  • MMA: If the sales decline rapidly, it will be axed by the next batch in spring.
  • MMYY: Axed by the next batch.
  • Kagurabachi: Struggle but will gain a following of fans that will keep it alive.
  • TOI: Axed by the next batch in spring.
  • GGG and RS: Too early but i think GGG will gain an audience while RS is a conundrum for me at the moment.
New series:

A brand total of 10 to 12 new series will begin starting with RS.

Returning, failed or successful authors:
  • Taishi Tsutsui with a romantic battle series similar to a previous one shot he made before.
  • Tadahiro Miura with an ecchi fantasy series most likely similar to his newest one shot.
  • Kazu Kakazu returns with a brand new fantasy series.
  • Genki Ono returns with a brand new Historical fantasy series.
Newbies:

• Natsuki Osonoe makes his debut series with a series adapted from Tate Roll.
  • Kotohiro Komoda makes his debut with an adaptation of his one shot "Miyako no Oni to Inaka no Tanuki"
  • Eiti debuts an Action Adventure series.
  • Both GFC winners of 2022 and 2023 make their debut.
  • one of the previous competitors of GFC make their debut. (Taishin Uemura or another participant)
  • Jun Harukawa finally debut their own series.
  • Yu Odoraiba makes his debut series.

Bulju

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
I won't make predictions for series I don't read, but as for the rest, here's my predictions for this new year:

Current Series
-MHA will end in the first half of the year but Horikoshi will spend the rest of the year writing for related projects (spin-offs, movies, anime original content, etc)
-JJK will end in the second half of the year
-UxU will end in the first half of the year, shortly after the anime ends
-Blue Box's anime will come out this year, season 2 will be announced when it finishes airing
-Akane will get the most color pages of any series
-Akane will get an anime by a mid-tier studio, with rakugo celebrities in the voicecast
-Asumi will get a color page for its first anniversary, making /a/ seethe
-From the last batch of 3, ToI will get axed immediately, while MMYY will live a little longer but still get axed within the year and KGB will make it to 2025
-From this last batch of 2, both series will get axed within the year
-We'll get an update on Ruri Dragon, but it will not resume this year

New Series
-First new batch will have 2 series
-Tsutsui return
-Kamiki Kei return/oneshot
-Minya Hiraga return/oneshot
-We'll get 2 sports series within the year, 1 of them won't make it to 2025
-We'll get a new tabletop game manga (either Shogi, Go or Mahjong)
-We'll get a new manzai comedy manga, similar to Show-ha Shoten

Last edited: