TV - What are you watching? | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

TV What are you watching?

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm currently enjoying my wednesday night lineup on Discovery Channel where I watch the new Mythbusters followed by the new Storm Chasers. Storm Chasers is such an epic show and its ridiculous how these guys risk everything to get inside of tornadoes for the sake of gathering data for science and to help protect people in the futures. :amuse

I used to love watching Myth busters. I don't have cable anymore but I stopped watching them a long time ago. I might take a peek once in a while on youtube :ninja But seeing a few of their busted myths made me question their motive. The one that raised an eyebrow as I recall was the hydrogen car experiment.

Arrogance

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
I used to love watching Myth busters. I don't have cable anymore but I stopped watching them a long time ago. I might take a peek once in a while on youtube :ninja But seeing a few of their busted myths made me question their motive. The one that raised an eyebrow as I recall was the hydrogen car experiment.
Their motives are honestly just to bust or prove things. They take myths that are interesting and see if its confirmed, plausible, or busted. For the most part they want the myths to work because they stumble upon something pretty unique and rare because the myths are usually surrounding some pretty far fetched or unique things. Other than that I really don't know what there is to question about them unless I am misunderstanding what you are trying to get at :p.

alice&uncas

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
WWE Smackdown

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
Reaction score
Country
United States
WWE Smackdown
Nice, so you're a wrestling fan. I used to watch that when I was younger. Have any favorites superstars and have you played the Smackdown vs Raw games on line?

edit: @ Arro:

I was questioning their motives, because it seemed like to me that they're more interested in the status quo.

Last edited:

alice&uncas

Reaction score
Country
United States
Nice, so you're a wrestling fan. I used to watch that when I was younger. Have any favorites superstars and have you played the Smackdown vs Raw games on line?
Yeah, Some of my favorite superstars are The Rock, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Triple HHH, Eddie Guerrero, Chyne, Hardy Boys and etc. No, I haven't played the game.

ZERO PHOENIX

Banned
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I had to put down WWE and TNA for awhile. Creative (and I use the term VERY loosely) doesn't know what the hell to do when it comes to these story lines. That goes for both companies.

I mean a KANE vs. Edge feud? Really? Really? Again? It wasn't good the first time they tried it. And then there is TNA where THEM is trying to be the new NWO. It's not working, nothing as TNA is working. Sting was the only thing that kept me watching and with him not main eventing, well, anything, I bailed.

Still, I suppose the WWE is trying a bit more than TNA to shake things up. With Cena gone (finally) and Miz the new champion (finally), I just might have a reason to get back in the game.

Bugzee

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I use to be such a big fan of wrestling. WCW, ECW & WWF. Back in the 90's it was the shiz. Sure, the 80's were arguably the "golden era" of wrestling entertainment but I wasn't born then...so :oh.

Anyway, right after the Invasion saga and the survivor series where the WWE won the rights to WCW/ECW (yes, I know it was the role playing "story" at that particula period of time) I kinda lost interest competely. Before then, I was always looking forward to Smackdown and Raw during those years but now it's just a load of rubbish. The Rock left and the WWE became sour. It's not the same without the people's champion lol.

As for what I'm currently watching; I'm about to finish up watching The Inbetweeners. I was recommended on several occasions to check it out but I sadly avoided giving it a try. After watching the first series, I'm loving it! It's ashame that each series is so short in the overall amount of episodes as this show could go on for a few more years imo.

ZERO PHOENIX

Banned
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
WWE was stale before The Rock left. As soon as we hit 2000 the whole industry went downhill. WCW was dying, WWE (WWF at the time) didn't have to pull out the stops anymore to prove its the better brand, and the organization took a family friendly direction. When the Attitude era died, the company died with it.

Last edited:

Bugzee

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
That's true but at least, to me, it was still "watchable". Now, it's just really bad. TNA looks promising and I do watch it from time to time online but I've kinda lost interest in wrestling entertainment in general now. :sweat

I will always cherish my old wrestling dvds forever~ xD

jonsan633

Reaction score
Country
United States
This time I am watching Chuck episodes of season 4. This tv show have good mixture of comedy, action and romance.

Last edited by a moderator:

blai

Corporate
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Caught up with Boardwalk Avenue, Breaking Bad and The Walking Dead while I follow a bunch of other shows. Generally, this HBO/CW/AMC season is probably the best one in a long time.

Xadyu

Reaction score
Country
Cocos Islands
At this moment I'm watching Batman Beyond, I started re-watching it in the summer of '09, but after season one I sorta.. just forgot about it.

Saw the first half of the second season somewhere in this summer and I'm finishing the season up today, just 3 more episodes to go.

Besides that I have quite some series I've put on-hold, just because it was too much too handle. Currently I'm watching The Big Bang Theory, Chuck, Family Guy, American Dad, The Cleveland Show, Futurama, House M.D., Dexter, 24 and Boardwalk Empire.

Oh, and I finished Lost two days ago. :ohaielmo

mattiaildivino

九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Italy
I watch only SMALLVILLE!

agatha012

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I am watching American dad this is my favorite cartoon and i never miss its any episode.

steelwingcrash1

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I really like watching crime files from CSI or any portion from Crime Fox.

steelwingcrash1

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I watched The Tourist just a while ago. The movie's good but lacks some potential elements which make the movie more exciting. Still, it's a good watch.

Roflkopt3r

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Lately I haven't watched much television at all, sometimes half a Simpsons episode (which became worse and worse ever since... season 5?). Last movie I watched in cinema (and at all) was Harry Potter.

blai

Corporate
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
At the moment I'm catching up with Glee. Apart from that I follow OTH, HiMYM, Boardwalk Empire, The Walking Dead, 2½ Men, Hellcats, How to make it in America, and I'm sure I forgot something.

Latest movie I saw at the cinema was Meet the Parents: Little Fockers

:thumbs