Favorites - What Are Your Favorites | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Favorites What Are Your Favorites

Favorite Black Clover Anime Openings

• Black Clover Opening 1 - Haruka Mirai

• Black Clover Opening 2 - PAiNT it BLACK

• Black Clover Opening 3 - Black Rover

• Black Clover Opening 4 - Guess Who Is Back

• Black Clover Opening 5 - Gamushara

• Black Clover Opening 6 - Rakugaki Page

• Black Clover Opening 7 - JUSTadICE

• Black Clover Opening 8 - sky & blue

• Black Clover Opening 9 - RiGHT NOW

• Black Clover Opening 10 - Black Catcher

• Black Clover Opening 11 - Stories

• Black Clover Opening 12 - Everlasting Shine

• Black Clover Opening 13 - Grandeur

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Opening 2 is my favorite Black Clover opening theme. Really fantastical song imo.
But of late I have found Opening 7 a bit growing on me. Especially that scene where it shows Zora using a magic spell, followed by William/Yami side by side > This is one of the dynamics I wish we'd see more of in the story, bit of a shame they don't interact as much anymore.
Opening 10v3 is the best version of Opening 10. The one that shows the Heart Kingdom stuff in the song. Also it's the one opening song you can sing along to :p

Orion

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
My top tier is OP 10, 7, and 3 in that order. I enjoyed Vickeblanka's songs the most and OP 7 was all around a great opening. In addition to what Hermit said, in OP 7, I liked the scenes where the Golden Dawn turned dark on Mimosa and Yami screaming before Julius and Patri fought, music was on point. And in the original OP 10, the end scene with Secre and Lumiere/ Licht was well done.

Must say OP 1 keeps climbing for me, was basically a coin toss with OP 3. Probably bc it plays in big moments like Yami's dimensional slash equinox and Asta and Yuno vs. Licht. After that I got OP 5, 6, 8, and 11 in the same tier. Op 5 always gets me with the Vanessa focus, the tone/mood of OP 8 and 11, and OP 6 is pure hype of the royal knights arc. Last tier is OP 9, 4, and 2. It's not that they're weak, I feel the others are just that strong.

Shadowlord123

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
I would also say OP 3 and 10. Vickeblanka's songs are the ones that struck me the most. Not that the others were bad by any means (I actually don't think there's any bad opening on Black Clover, all of them are pretty good on their own right). Also, OP 1. With the times it has been reused in important scenes, it has made me appreciate it more.

Gajeel

Reaction score
Country
Romania
1. Favorite Male Characters:
Luck Voltia
Rill Boismortier
Yami Sukehiro

2. Favorite Female Characters:
Charlotte Roselei
Vanessa Enoteca
Secre Swallowtail

3. Favorite Character Designs:
Kirsch Vermillon
Vanica
Vanessa Enoteca

4. Overall favorite character of the series:
Luck Voltia

5. My 3 Favorite Arcs:
Reincarnation Arc
Seabed Temple Arc
Royal Knights Arc
Dark Triad Arc

6. Favorite 3 Moments of the mentioned arcs:
Reincarnation Arc: Zagred vs Humans/Elves
Seabed Temple Arc: The underwater people singing altogether when the Black Bulls are leaving
Royal Knights Arc: The Black Bulls save Finral!

7. My 3 Favorite fights:
Vetto vs Black Bulls
Asta and Yuno vs Licht
Humans/Elves vs Zagred

8. Favorite Magic Abilities:
Painting Magic
Dark Magic
The Black Bulls' ''Vice-Captain'''s magic
Dream Magic

9. Favorite 3 Spells:
Spring of Restriction
Dark Cloaked Cloaked Iai Slash
Glamour World

10. Favorite Magic Knight Captain?
Yami Sukehiro

11. What Magic Knight Squad would i join? (Besides Black Bulls)
Azure Deer without a doubt.

Dayeye

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
°Yuno
°Luck
°Capt. Yami

°Noelle
°Mimosa
°Capt. Mereoleona
For a shounen, this series has a plethora of quality female characters, so much so I need an honorable mentions.
HM: Vanessa, Charmy, Capt. Unsworth

°Asta's Devil(unnamed)
°Charmy(Wolf in Sheep's Clothing)
°Zagred

°1a. Yuno
°1b. Noelle

5. My 3 Favorite Arcs:
°Royal Knights selection arc
°Reincarnation arc
°Current

°Royal Knights Arc: Black Bulls pull up on Langris
°Reincarnation Arc: Charmy's Origins
°Current: Astas pact with the Devil

7. My 3 Favorite fights:
°Zagred x Ze World
°Patry x Wizard Kang(cause Julius got that sauce)
° Asta + Yuno x Licht

°Dark Magic
°Art Magic
°Dream Magic

9. Favorite 3 Spells:
°Dark Magic: Black Moon
°Dark Magic: Dark Cloaked Iai Slash
°Dark Magic: Dark Cloaked Dimension Slash: Equinox
*Yami has the coolest moves(fun to say too)*

Capt. Mereoleona

Blue Rose easily *Minetta vibes*

Last edited:

Ramen

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Yami
Fuegeleon
Zenon

Noelle
Mereleona
Charlotte

Asta (In Demon Form)
Rhya
Undine

Fuegeleon
Charlotte

5. My 3 Favorite Arcs:
Current
Zagred fight (Does that count?)
Witch forest

Zenon soloing the Golden Dawn
Yuno and Asta calling each other rivals as they go for the win
Witch Queen being a total badass.

7. My 3 Favourite fights:
Black Bulls vs Vetto
Asta and Yami vs Dante
Mereleon vs Rhya and the other elfs

Anti-Magic
Mercury Magic
Time Magic

9. Favorite 3 Spells:
Chrono Stasis
Dark Dimension Slash
Salamanders Breath

Fuegeleon

Crimson Lions

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell

two more :cool:

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Fuegeleon
Rill
Leo

Noelle
Mereleona
Charmy

Fuegoleon
Nozel
Secre

Fuegeleon
Rill
Charmy

5. My 3 Favorite Arcs:
Witch Forest Arc
Royal Knights Arc
Reincarnation Arc

The Queen healing everyone then dropping elf facts
Everything Rill. Especially him being so hyped he accidentally destroys his own crystal
Lumiere coming back and revealing what really happened in the past

Rill vs Yuno
Charmy vs Elf Rill
Mereoleona vs Rhya

Anti-Magic (does this count?)
Paint Magic
Time Magic

9. Favorite 3 Spells:
Water Creation Magic: Valkyrie Dress
Painting Magic: God's Play
Fire Spirit Magic: Salamander's Breath

Fuegeleon

Crimson Lions

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Fuegeleon
Rill
Leo

Noelle
Mereleona
Charmy

Fuegoleon
Nozel
Secre

Fuegeleon
Rill
Charmy

5. My 3 Favorite Arcs:
Witch Forest Arc
Royal Knights Arc
Reincarnation Arc

The Queen healing everyone then dropping elf facts
Everything Rill. Especially him being so hyped he accidentally destroys his own crystal
Lumiere coming back and revealing what really happened in the past

Rill vs Yuno
Charmy vs Elf Rill
Mereoleona vs Rhya

Anti-Magic (does this count?)
Paint Magic
Time Magic

9. Favorite 3 Spells:
Water Creation Magic: Valkyrie Dress
Painting Magic: God's Play
Fire Spirit Magic: Salamander's Breath

Fuegeleon

Crimson Lions

I see your love for Rill is still ever-present, since the Royal Knights :verily good stuff

Orion

Reaction score
Country
United States
On this day, Bel's long awaited list has been given life and it did not disappoint. Every once and a while the Queen grants her people's wishes :3c

And Everlasting Sunshine has been added to the poll :zomg Vote change Op12

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
19 lists :verily pretty good number
(Brandish-kun denying an even better number like 20, ccc Laxus fans :catshrug at least Bel-chan is still fighting for his honor :super)

1. Black Clover Opening 10 - 8 votes

2. Black Clover Opening 7 - 4 votes

3. Black Clover Opening 3 - 3 votes

3. Black Clover Opening 9 - 3 votes

Last edited:

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Lol, still almost nobody would want to join the Silver Eagles :xp
Everyone gunning for Crimson Lions as expected, and surprisingly for the Peacocks and Deers :amuse
Mantis squad a non factor, only the chosen ones are allowed there, like Sekke

Gladiolus

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Who would want to join Silver Eagles anyway (at least the pre-Reincarnation arc ones)? They are a bunch of elitistic pricks that look down on peasants and even are disdainful towards others nobles if they don't meet their standards. Doesn't helps Nozel is the only likeable relevant member of the order.

Unless you are a noble, joining them is almost imposible.

Orion

Reaction score
Country
United States
Noelle gonna be cutting dudes left and right like Bill Belichick if/when she becomes Silver Eagles Captain. It'll be glorious

And Dante kinda made the list, I'll take it for now.

Lol, still almost nobody would want to join the Silver Eagles :xp
Everyone gunning for Crimson Lions as expected, and surprisingly for the Peacocks and Deers :amuse
Mantis squad a non factor, only the chosen ones are allowed there, like Sekke
Honestly, Peacocks and Deer seem like chill squads, led by Rill and Dorothy, and ofc Kirsch :lmao

Sekke has his own tier. Man has the inside track to next WK

Crimson_Dawn13

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Characters

1 || Favourite 3 Male Characters:

• William Vangeance - Complicated, but at his core caring and I don't think I could have made the better choice myself if I were in his shoes and didn't know how it would exactly go down.
  • Fuegoleon Vermillion - Probably the only captain to act like a captain at any point during Black Clover.
  • Finral Roulacase - Kind-hearted, open-minded and probably the sanest Black Bull of the bunch.
If I could, I'd also add: Julius Novachrono, Marx Francois, Klaus Lunettes, Langris Vaude, Nozel Silva, Patri, Licht, Rhya, Yuno, Magna Swing, Morgen Faust and Nacht Faust, though, since they all rank the same for as Fuegoleon and Finral.

2 || Favourite 3 Female Characters:
  • Mereoleona Vermillion - The badass big sister.
  • Vanessa Enoteca - The helpful big sister.
  • Secre Swallowtail - Quiet and reserved and just the sort of person I'd probably hang around with.
If I could I'd also add: Mimosa Vermillion, Dorothy Unsworth, Noelle Silva, Kahono, Letoile Becquerel and Grey though.

3 || Favourite 3 Character Designs:
  • William Vangeance - I love him with his mask and without his mask, his magic is great too and it works just right with his character. So clearly Tabata was doing something right here. XD
  • Mereoleona Vermillion - I love her pre-spade arc hairstyle... it stands out a lot from the other females in this series but in a good way. Also the rest of her design suits her personality very well.
  • Yuno (mostly because I couldn't choose between the rest of my favourite characters... so we'll just go with fairy boy over here.) - I mean the messy hair fits with his attribute and his "am I really supposed to care about this" attitude that he sometimes gives off.
4 || Overall Favourite Character of the Series:
  • William Vangeance - What can I say? I really like screw-ups with self-resentment issues. Man, that came out weird...
Arcs

5 || Favourite 3 arcs:
  • Reincarnation Arc - a very well put together arc that helped to tie together a lot of loose ends, without a single dull moment (to me, at least).
  • Tournament Arc (including the preceding Stars Awards Festival and Hot Spring Training camp)
  • Underwater Temple Arc (but if I could add the anime-only post-reincarnation arc from 130 - 154 here I would because I actually liked some of the episodes a lot)
6 || Overall Favourite 3 Moments:
  • Reincarnation arc:
    1. Julius confronting William (and Patri) - The tension and suspence was built up really well, it still managed to be surprising (in the sense that I'm not sure many people figured there'd be two souls in one body) and it had an emotional ending too.
    2. William's retelling of his past - It confirmed that despite him keeping some secrets, the past that was given to Yami was true, and it also showed that he truly did regret his choices. I mean, in front of other characters he could just be lying or bluffing or trying to win their sympathy but when only the audience can here than it's normally just the pure and simple truth that the character is saying.
    3. After the devil is defeated and William is brought back, Patri later two and Yami and him find out that Julius isn't dead (the whole sequence goes between being a little emotional to being hilarious as heck when they realise Julius is alive).
  • Tournament arc:
    1. The hotsprings training camp - I loved the conversations between Mereoleona and Noelle, it was one of the very few times Yuno's training was shown and it was just an overall funny and useful part of this arc.
    2. Yuno and Noelle confronting their squadmate and brother in the tournament arc - I mean it had been set up for a while, especially Noelle's conflict with her brother, the fight was enjoyable and I'm so proud of the two rookies.
    3. Either Langris vs Finral or Yuno vs Rill - because both battles were cool, both had really cool new spells revealed, but also because both had an impact on the character. Yuno beating Rill led to Asta going into a slump - which in the anime led to us getting a little more on the Grey Deer years and how the GD and BB were formed, and it also led to a funny little moment in the Light Novels - before coming back from it. Langris snapped in his battle, it was made clear that something sinister was going on, Finral was out of commission for a while and later Langris and Asta fought resulting in Asta not getting into the finals... and ending up in a slump. They were both interesting to see...
  • Underwater Temple Arc
    1. Kahono assisting Noelle with her training and her eventually remembering that she does have a good family, albeit the fact that it's not the one she was born into, so she does have good memories to focus on. It was just so sweet. It also cemented Kahono as a good friend Noelle has that doesn't compete with her or is related with her that is female. Which makes Kahono and Noelle's relationship quite uncommon in fiction since good female friends that you can talk to about something other than guys don't appear as often as they should. Also, her successfully getting the water sphere spell right was also great at the end.
    2. Noelle getting her first offensive spell. It worked really well with her growth in this arc. This is also the spell she later uses against her brother, as she stands up to him in the tournament arc...
    3. Finral, Asta and Vanessa against Vetto was really creative, sweet and I loved it. It also helped kickstart the development of Finral and Vanessa for future arcs.
  • (Alternatively, episodes 130 - 154 - I get this is manga helpers, but still...)
    1. The sparring match and the aftermath in episode 154 "Vice Captain Langris Vaude" - It created some sort of reason for Langris not to be around which made it easier to understand why Langris wasn't there later on when Zenon attacked the Golden Dawn. Furthermore it was a sweet set of scenes which helped built up the bonds between the GD which up until the post-reincarnation-pre-spade-arcs was severely lacking making it hard to feel much/any sympathy for the GD. This and another episode helped a little.
    2. Episode 141 "The Golden Family" - I mean as much as it's not a single moment... the whole episodes shows the shift in the attitudes and personalities of the Golden Dawn. Which is good, if you ask me.
    3. Can I just add in the whole Captains' battle in episode 151....? I mean I loved the dynamics and interactions between the characters... I can't choose a single one...
7 || Three Favourite Fights:
  • "Licht"/Patri versus Julius - a really tense and difficult battle even for someone like Julius, even if it was mostly because of Patri having the advantage of sharing a body with William, who is someone Julius cares for. It's also emotional and it's a good way for Julius to lose much of his powers even if he doesn't wind up actually dying (permanently). This also allows for someone else to become Wizard King. It also gave some of Julius' backstory and taking Clover Kingdom hostage was quite clever on Patri's part. (Even if it were at the same time despicable.) Not like I'm good at reading fight scenes in manga though so the past and the conversations were more important to me.
  • Yuno vs Rill - Rill has some really cool magic, and Yuno's transformation is great. I'd have placed Yuno & Asta vs Licht here but that looked way better (to me) in the anime since there was more to it.
  • Yami vs "Licht"/Patri - Honestly I just loved seeing Patri's and Yami's exchange whilst they were fighting.
Magic

8 || Three Favourite Magic Abilities
  • World Tree Magic - This magic has so much potential, great range, and great supportive and defensive abilities. Besides it can also look really pretty and naturally I especially like it since it's the magic attribute of my favourite character.
  • Sword Magic - Incredibly useful in a world of magic as it can deflect, drain, reflect and cut through magic. It also looks really cool when used by Licht. I'd probably suck at using that kind of magic though.
  • Fire Magic - probably the most versatile magic out there, and depending on the individual is capable of defending, attacking, healing or restraining a character very well.
But if I could, I would also add: Wind Magic, Water Magic, Shadow Magic, Spatial Magic, Plant Magic, Light Magic, Thread Magic, Song Magic, Mercury Magic, Compass Magic, Transformation Magic (or whatever the hell Grey actually has), Time Magic, Memory Magic, Trap Magic, Paint Magic, Dream Magic, Sealing Magic and Blood Magic.

9 || Three Favourite Spells:
  • World Tree Magic: Budding of Yggdrassil
  • Either Wind Spirit Magic: Sword of Zephyr or Spirit of Boreas, or Fire Magic: Hellfire Incarnate, or Water Magic: Valkyrie Armour
  • Either Spatial Magic: Fallen Angel Flapping or Thread Magic: Red Thread of Fate
10 || Favourite Magic Knight Captain:
  • William Vangeance - I mean, he is improving at his job now that he consisders his squad as his own dream and goal and not just Patri and Julius' dream and goal... but also he's my favourite character so of course, being a captain he would be my favourite.
  • But if I had to pick one that would be the best at their job, probably Fuegoleon Vermillion.
11 || Magic Knight Squad:
  • Golden Dawn, seeing as my a few of my favourite characters are there: William, Yuno, Mimosa, Klaus, Letoile, and post-reincarnation arc Langris isn't so bad either...
  • However, the saner option - given the attitudes of the different squads - would probably have been the Crimson Lion Kings, Azure/Aqua Deer or the Coral Peacocks since they seem more chill.
  • But I doubt I'd pass with flying colours.