Other - What are your pet peeves? | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Other What are your pet peeves?

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Haha, awesome pet peeve. Maybe they believe that the topic starter posted some spoilers for the first time since the series started? :-)

I'll also add that I hate... hate people who text back to you with an "ok" or "yes" instead of a fully developed sentence with both the statement, and then something else added to the text, like a follow-up question or something else.
But adding "ok" and nothing else in the middle of a conversation pisses me off for two reasons
1. why waste money on a text containing "ok"
2. why reply at all if you don't have anything interesting to add?

Truefan21

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Jamaica
when my dad snores
its loud man and annoying

Cykai

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
people that point to their wrists for the time. seriously the hell is that? i don't go around pointing at my crotch when i need to piss... especially when i'm not WEARING A WATCH!

also gum/seeds. gum is just nasty, and people spitting it all over the place doesn't help out

sunflower seed... my dad uses my car all the time and the floor is ALWAYS covered in fucking seeds and just the thought of other people saliva all over my floor is.... disturbing to say the least.

hell, spit in general.

Exodi

Reaction score
Country
United States
1. Chewing with your mouth open
2. Not picking up your feet when you walk

damane08

Reaction score
Country
Canada
people that point to their wrists for the time. seriously the hell is that? i don't go around pointing at my crotch when i need to piss... especially when i'm not WEARING A WATCH!

ha haha that was just funny!!

Interestingly enough I didn't have any pet peeves until i started reading manga and watching anime.

Pet peeve #1: When people say "Ruffi" or "Ruffy," I have gotten so used to "Luffy" that it irritates me when I hear or see "Ruffi," whenever i come across a post with "Ruffi" i just skip it.

#2: when people say "Na-roo-to," what the flip!! And it's even worse cause SOOO many people that i know say it like that, it gets under my skin so much. just thinking about it now is upsetting.

you wouldn't say "Sa-su-ke" would you? or "sa-ku-ra," so whats with the "Na-roo-to?"

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Germany
ha haha that was just funny!!

Interestingly enough I didn't have any pet peeves until i started reading manga and watching anime.

Pet peeve #1: When people say "Ruffi" or "Ruffy," I have gotten so used to "Luffy" that it irritates me when I hear or see "Ruffi," whenever i come across a post with "Ruffi" i just skip it.

#2: when people say "Na-roo-to," what the flip!! And it's even worse cause SOOO many people that i know say it like that, it gets under my skin so much. just thinking about it now is upsetting.

you wouldn't say "Sa-su-ke" would you? or "sa-ku-ra," so whats with the "Na-roo-to?"
Tell that Germany.-_-;

In the German anime Luffy is Ruffy and Sasuke is not Saske but Sasuke.Also Tsunade did not want to kill Orochimaru,she wanted to hide him...That's German anime for you,full of mispronunciations and censoreship,at least on RTL II.
I can't belive i was somehow able to watch 'em.:oh

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
Reaction score
Country
Romania
Well tbh I don't really have anything that would upset me more then it should, but I would mention a thing happening on the Naruto forum, which let's say startles me...

Why is it that everyone is making threads of how to pronounce different things, how to write names correctly...if I wanna say Pain, and write payne, then it's my choice and everybody understands right? What's the big deal?

PS:LOL...just noticed the above posts...again...what's the big deal?

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Well tbh I don't really have anything that would upset me more then it should, but I would mention a thing happening on the Naruto forum, which let's say startles me...

Why is it that everyone is making threads of how to pronounce different things, how to write names correctly...if I wanna say Pain, and write payne, then it's my choice and everybody understands right? What's the big deal?

PS:LOL...just noticed the above posts...again...what's the big deal?
What bothers me in the German version of the anime is that it just loses the effect.For example,when you hear the name Orochimaru in japanese,it sounds completely badass.In Germany they pronounce it Or(in Germany they pronounce it with a hard r and don't roll it like in Japan)oshimaru.It sounds dumb and so do Itashi,Sasuke and the worst of all Shoy(Choji-_-;)....
I mean,i don't expect them to say it as awesome as in the Japanese version,but they could at least pronounce it properly.In Germany they also don't say shill out,they say chill out.So i don't get why they don't manage to do that in the anime.It's just annoying,especially as a fan.

And i also somehow understand the person above me.I mean there are people who call Madara Mandara...

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
Reaction score
Country
Romania
What bothers me in the German version of the anime is that it just loses the effect.For example,when you hear the name Orochimaru in japanese,it sounds completely badass.In Germany they pronounce it Or(in Germany they pronounce it with a hard r and don't roll it like in Japan)oshimaru.It sounds dumb and so do Itashi,Sasuke and the worst of all Shoy(Choji-_-;)....
I mean,i don't expect them to say it as awesome as in the Japanese version,but they could at least pronounce it properly.In Germany they also don't say shill out,they say chill out.So i don't get why they don't manage to do that in the anime.It's just annoying,especially as a fan.

And i also somehow understand the person above me.I mean there are people who call Madara Mandara...
Yeah, I remember the Mandara thing, but as I recall it's pretty rare...and lol at shoy...
For me this is a subject of a good laugh at most, not disturbing...there are some pretty crazy translations of certain jutsus in romanian...

But I understand U guys...that's why when there's a movie anime or any other show, I like to view it in the original language...for me Orochimaru became badass, when I heard his voice, which won't be reproduced by dubs ever...though it's not really a big deal, if one really doesn't like in this case dubs, then don't watch, IMO...

fullmoon

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
Sound of smt cratching on metal surface is my pet peeves :s

solopocolo

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
1. Chewing with your mouth open
2. Not picking up your feet when you walk
LMAO, those 2 are some of the main things my mom usually nagged me for when I was a little kid =.=...
But thanks to her, I don't do those no more.

pet peeves for me :
Ignorance people.
People that don't take care of the stuffs I lend them :S.
I only have problem with people, not things lol..

SpiritOnParole

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
A few... gum chewing, cell phones, utensils clack clack clacking against plates, popping knuckles (any bones really since I've heard mine break), the sound of frying food. Xp

Brede

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
...the sound of frying food. Xp
aw, but fried food smells so good :)

pet peeves, hmm...litterbugs that throw rubbish from their car window. can't they just wait until they reach their destination to throw it in a proper bin?

Hystzen

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
people who on the phone texting when you talking to them that annoys me alot

and some fanboys on this forum :ninja

R4n

Reaction score
Country
Micronesia
ART THIEF :mad :mad

they are the lowest of the low

steelwingcrash1

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I hate it when my student makes bubbles with their salivas in their mouth. I could smack them if it only was not bad to do so.

rudorofu

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I think I have quite a few, but I can't mention them without it actually happening DX I need situations to actually happen before I can categorize them as pet peeves. But one thing that seriously irks me, is the grammar issue that some people have of interchanging 'much' and 'many' in incorrect sentences. And yes, I point it out to them immediately because it just sounds wrong! XP Would I consider myself to be a slight grammar snob? Yes, yes I would (:

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I think I have quite a few, but I can't mention them without it actually happening DX I need situations to actually happen before I can categorize them as pet peeves. But one thing that seriously irks me, is the grammar issue that some people have of interchanging 'much' and 'many' in incorrect sentences. And yes, I point it out to them immediately because it just sounds wrong! XP Would I consider myself to be a slight grammar snob? Yes, yes I would (:
You would have lots of fun in my English classes then!It's frustrating.I'm not really a grammar nazi myself, but some students simply go beyond the amount of fail I manage to tolerate...