Discussion - What are your thoughts on Meliodas as a protagonist? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion What are your thoughts on Meliodas as a protagonist?

Rizaadxn

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just as the title says. What are your thoughts on Meliodas as a protagonist? I'm asking as I've seen a lot of people in YouTube comments saying that he's trash because he's not like a normal protag but I actually like the fact that he doesn't fit the typical shonen mold.

XXGenesis

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
Just as the title says. What are your thoughts on Meliodas as a protagonist? I'm asking as I've seen a lot of people in YouTube comments saying that he's trash because he's not like a normal protag but I actually like the fact that he doesn't fit the typical shonen mold.
Started to hate Melidoas after he used too much power after his death and returned to the old heartless meliodas...

it’s the same time the story started going up and down like the stock market.

meliodas provides no character development after that.....like nothing.

orinocally like many Shonen the #2 or #3 even #4protagonist always have better character development....I.e Ban, King & Escanor

Jdmp53

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
I don't think Meliodas is a character where development is necessary to becoming a good character since he has such a rich past of being bad guy to good and then reverting back as well..
I don't have any prob with his character but the moment i didn't like him in the angels was when he was too overpowered in the chps past 300..

orinocally like many Shonen the #2 or #3 even #4protagonist always have better character development....I.e Ban, King & Escanor
Escanor had "character development" ..lol..he was still prideful in daytime as he was when he was introduced right upto the final combo move aginst dk trying to attack on his own when Mel had to step in..