Question - What are your top 2 favorite pairs that play in Japan final qualifying tournament that doesn't win? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Question What are your top 2 favorite pairs that play in Japan final qualifying tournament that doesn't win?

-Ken-

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Thailand
This is disregarding the positions (D1 and D2 doesn't matter) and more on how much you like the pair.

Nakagauchi/Hakamada
Kimijima/Tohno
Oni/Byoudonin
Kite/Marui
Yukimura/Yanagi
Shiraishi/Tanegashima

Personally, for me, it's probably
Yukimura/Yanagi
Oni/Byoudonin

Yukimura/Yanagi probably is weaker than many pair here, but something about Rikkai 3 pairing up is just something I'll love to see a full match of.

Oni and Byoudonin just scream OP lol. Would be even better if they are in top conditions.

Tavore

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
England
Shiraishi/Tanegashima and Kite/Marui

Ganonslayer101

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Shiraishi/ Tanegashima felt like a pair that was being hinted at since greece but never got that final match for the big payoff.

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
Konomi was too simple with Yukimura/Yanagi, I think. The pair had a lot of potential but then he just made them use a straightforward strategy and called it a day.

On the other hand, I like Shiraishi/Tanegashima a lot. Teased forever, have good chemistry, I like their tennis and also just simply like them as characters. The final vs Kin/Ohmagari might be the best match of the mini arc.

Oni/Byoudouin would have been fun to see at full power. I didn't really like how their final went... I got the "this is not singles" message but they were injured so I'm not sure that was the best way to convey it, especially since we didn't even see much of the Howling if at all. The masked men didn't even get to argue much like Ryoma/Momo, lol.
I wonder how much the pairs would had changed if Date hadn't given his spot to Tohno. Maybe Date pairs with Hakamada and Nakagauchi joins Oni (since they have a rivalry and... we got nothing out of it) leaving Byoudouin alone to have a deal with Kimijima.

mathematicianrcg

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Konomi was too simple with Yukimura/Yanagi, I think. The pair had a lot of potential but then he just made them use a straightforward strategy and called it a day.

On the other hand, I like Shiraishi/Tanegashima a lot. Teased forever, have good chemistry, I like their tennis and also just simply like them as characters. The final vs Kin/Ohmagari might be the best match of the mini arc.

Oni/Byoudouin would have been fun to see at full power. I didn't really like how their final went... I got the "this is not singles" message but they were injured so I'm not sure that was the best way to convey it, especially since we didn't even see much of the Howling if at all. The masked men didn't even get to argue much like Ryoma/Momo, lol.
I wonder how much the pairs would had changed if Date hadn't given his spot to Tohno. Maybe Date pairs with Hakamada and Nakagauchi joins Oni (since they have a rivalry and... we got nothing out of it) leaving Byoudouin alone to have a deal with Kimijima.
I really find that "This Is not singles" line to be cool.

It is even proved during Germany's practice when Bertie/Dankmar 6-0 no diffed Volk/Tezuka.

Individually, Volk is like 10x stronger than Bertie.

Hot Take, but I think Tezuka is also significantly stronger than Dankmar. (Is he even pro level individually/in singles?😅)

But, still, they lost heavily in doubles

I wonder IF back in POT A Pairing like

Ryoma/Tezuka will lose to Oishi/Kikumaru. Lmao. (Especially, Ryoma is a Bad doubles player)

Ryoma/Tezuka pairing. You will think will just too strong for Oishi/Kikumaru individually.

But its the same case with Volk/Tezuka and Bertie/Dankmar.

Last edited: