Discussion - What BL Are You Reading/Watching?! | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion What BL Are You Reading/Watching?!

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well since I imagine we are all reading or watching these series, which ones have you just finished up or in the process of reading?

Im reading Crimson Spell, and just finished Kurayami ni Strobe

Fun and really emotional friendship story between Arata and Miyamoto. Arata and the feelings he held close was easy to see myself in especially with quite a few parts and not wanting to say feelings just for the sake of not wanting things between friends to change and what not. Miyamoto was excellent character and really well done with being the more touchy and such person just willing to be open with feelings. While the other friends in the photo club were good support characters and entertaining in the bonus story. Really enjoyable story with the photo theme going on and the panel layout was a really good at times with the design of the bubbles and shapes chosen and a few other minor moments to make it feel special when the internal feelings and doubt was being stated.

Asarii

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Right now I'm reading Crimson Spell and Super Lovers. The lack of updates for both series make me sad so I'm hoping to read another series to get my BL fix.

Sakura Saluja

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
I'm reading Crimson Spell too ^^ Also I'm with Sekaiichi Hatsukoi, one of my faves. Well.. nothing more.. just looking for more manga like those :p

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
How is Crimson Spell? Thanks to a friend of mine, I'm starting to get into BL a bit more. >.>;

Sakura Saluja

Reaction score
Country
Spain
It's pretty interesting indeed ^^ it was m first BL I think... the author is a bit too ... perv :p

einga

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Right now I'm reading SAIYAKU WA BOKU O SUKI SUGIRU . It's currently my favorite manga. Other manga I have read would be AITSU NO DAIHONMEI,AMEIRO PARADOX, & HATSUJOU ANIMAL.I've read more but these are my favorite.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
I love Aitsu no Daihonmei, its so hilarious with Yoshida, i really want to see their relationship keep going.

Sakura Saluja

Reaction score
Country
Spain
I love Aitsu no Daihonmei, its so hilarious with Yoshida, i really want to see their relationship keep going.
Ohh since I'm looking for some new BL/yaoi/shounen ai/whatever u wanna call it manga, I've became interested. What is that manga about? I might start reading it ^^
P.S. : I'm relieved to find more fangirls cuz I really found it hard to find new manga of this kind -.-'

einga

Reaction score
Country
United States
[/URL][/IMG]It's about a boy named Yoshida who is picked on by all the girls because they are jealous of all the time he spends with Satou. Satou confesses his love for Yoshida and the manga is just telling the story of their relationship.

---------- Post added at 05:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 PM ----------

By hte way the image is from Aitsu no Daihonmei

---------- Post added at 06:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:57 PM ----------

I would recommend SAIYAKU WA BOKU O SUKI SUGIRU. It's a really great Shounen ai. It's about 2 guys who have to survive 12 misfortunes. I love their relationship. Especially how it starts out

Sakura Saluja

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Okay ty so much! I'll read both for sure! :33

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
SAIYAKU WA BOKU O SUKI SUGIRU has great storytelling and writing. I love the misfortunes and at least now finally getting the history behind it all. I hope they get even closer.

Sakura Saluja

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Well I also think that if they get closer it'd be cuter :33 moo now Im really willing to Start reading! Pity I gotta study before :// :33

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
I started a manga from Shoowa, Iberiko Buta to Koi to Tsubaki. Its amazing BL manga with fairly good and memorable art and a nice relationship for its first story in chapter one. Tsubaki and Irie are a memorable couple and their umbrella kiss scene was so sweet. Loved it.

einga

Reaction score
Country
United States
Iberiko Buta to Koi to Tsubaki was a good manga.
I just finished reading works by Naono Bohra. A lot of this authors work is one shot but I still enjoy reading them.
YUBISAKI NO KOI has the type of characters I like. The art is amazing.

Sakura Saluja

Reaction score
Country
Spain
I just started Saiyaku yesterday and you were right it's awesome ^^ seems I like more shounen ai than yaoi :33
I really love a guy telling other things like "I'll always protect you" or such :33

einga

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm glad that you like it.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Started Crimson Spell v1 chp 1 and 2, if they can keep making out like that it will be fantastic, such a hot and wild uke when he transforms and stays more humanish. Good fantasy story too. Love the mix.

einga

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just read Bukiyou na Silent and I loved it. It's about a guy named Toono who is expressionless and his boyfriend. This manga is cute and funny.

moniker

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Since I read Yaoi/BL continuously at fast paced phase possible in a least amount of time in randomized order if only I feel like it, I couldn't track what I'm currently reading as of now. I read them only if they're completed and/or has much more chapters than the time I saw it. I don't list them on my manga reading list either since they'd take too much space and I'd end up confused at following new chapters. The normal ones will be outnumbered as I read a huge bunch of Yaoi.

Well that concludes, I'm not reading any in this genre at the moment.

-- THE NEXT DAY --

ALRIGHT. It seems I have nothing to read so I came back to Yaoi/BL. Lol
Today I searched for "Seme Turned Uke" kind of Yaoi and this is the list I'm gonna read for the next few days/hours.

Last edited:

hikochan

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm actually reading and translating Seito Kaichou ni Chuukoku since I can't wait for the next release plus that art is amazing. If waiting for the next release is considered "reading" as well, I'm waiting for Sekaiichi Hatsukoi, Crimson Spell, Viewfinder, Junjou Romantica, and this one other manga that I forgot... But it was about yakuzas. I'm the type that waits for a series to be complete before I continue reading it if the series is too much for me to take aka the progress is going to take long or it's too depressing.