Discussion - What characters will be brought back and what will their next moves be? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion What characters will be brought back and what will their next moves be?

electricmastro

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
So I was looking at the characters that have reappeared after Wano and decided to make a list going over who Oda has brought back.

Also, if you’ve pondered over what a character’s next move in the story will be, then what character is it?:

Doflamingo‏‎
Hancock‏‎
Teach‏‎
Shanks‏‎
Crocodile‏‎
Sakazuki‏‎
Law‏‎
Kuma‏‎
Garp‏‎
Marco‏‎
Kuzan‏‎
Kid‏‎
Borsalino‏‎
Moria‏‎ (flashback)
Buggy‏‎
Sabo‏‎
Mihawk‏‎
Smoker‏‎ (flashback)
Dragon‏‎
Caesar
Sengoku‏‎
Rayleigh‏‎
Lucci‏‎
Vivi‏‎
Bonney‏‎
Ivankov‏‎
Kin'emon‏‎ (cover story)
Katakuri‏‎ (cover story)
Issho‏‎ (flashback)
Tashigi‏‎
Koby‏‎
Yamato (cover story)
Momonosuke (cover story)
Pudding‏‎
Caribou‏‎
Perona‏‎ (flashback)
Shiki‏‎ (flashback)
Shirahoshi‏‎
Rebecca‏‎
Hatchan‏‎ (flashback)
Judge‏‎
Wapol‏‎
Sentomaru‏‎
Koala‏‎
Tsuru‏‎
Jango‏‎
Sai‏‎ (flashback)
Shakuyaku
Imu‏‎
Helmeppo‏‎
Hina‏‎
Saul‏‎
Hajrudin (flashback)
Duval
Weevil‏‎ (flashback)
Leo‏‎
Kong‏‎ (flashback)
Gloriosa
Dorry
Stussy
Brogy
Fullbody
Oimo‏‎
Kashii‏‎

Also made a bonus list as to what characters he has yet to bring back after Wano:

Enel
Bellamy
Bentham
Bege
Jozu
Bartolomeo‏‎
Urouge
Pekoms‏‎
Vista
Karoo
Gin

Last edited:

Yoko75

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
There was also Kuro who hasn't appeared in like forever, but I doubt he'll be any significance within the story at this point even if he somehow appears again which I doubt.

As for the other characters on your list I'll go with Bonney who I believe will either join the SH's or possibly join the revolutionaries. Either way she will become an important ally for Luffy maybe as a part of his grand fleet.

The other is Teach is very hard to predict. You just don't know what that man is thinking or up to, but we all know he's scheming something. As for what that is could be anyone's guess. The only thing we know is that he's after DF's. There are many who also feel he will make an appearance at Egghead before things end there so we'll see.

electricmastro

Reaction score
Country
United States
There was also Kuro who hasn't appeared in like forever, but I doubt he'll be any significance within the story at this point even if he somehow appears again which I doubt.

As for the other characters on your list I'll go with Bonney who I believe will either join the SH's or possibly join the revolutionaries. Either way she will become an important ally for Luffy maybe as a part of his grand fleet.

The other is Teach is very hard to predict. You just don't know what that man is thinking or up to, but we all know he's scheming something. As for what that is could be anyone's guess. The only thing we know is that he's after DF's. There are many who also feel he will make an appearance at Egghead before things end there so we'll see.
Not even sure what Kuro would do in all of this, but as for Bonney, I can only presume her motivations will change from here, possibly into something more noble like defeating all the Elders and/or liberating all the slaves like how Nika would have.

TitaniumOxide

Reaction score
Country
United States
Not even sure what Kuro would do in all of this, but as for Bonney, I can only presume her motivations will change from here, possibly into something more noble like defeating all the Elders and/or liberating all the slaves like how Nika would have.
I also have a character I want to see return but he will have literally 0 impact to the story and his name is Gaimon. His next move? Be motivated by Luffy to get out of the chest. I mean come on the dude has been stuck in a chest this whole time, we should at least see his reaction to Luffy becoming PK one day. Or maybe Oda can just draw a special showing all his reactions to Luffy's various feats thus far.

Vanshrimp

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
Urouge is one intresting fellow. i don't know how, and under which circumstances but seeing him again would be very interesting. we definitly need to see his agenda.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Kuro isn't particularly powerful (I'd guess even nero would foderize him ten times over as they were last seen) but I'd guess he is potentially a good match in crocodile's crew. Add to that their interests would appear to align (crocodile wanting a country, kuro wanting to disappear). But it is still hard to imagine him having any real relevance, specially with so many other characters around.

I wouldn't mind doflamingo appearing again but that would require him to escape impel down. I suppose it isn't too impossible if bentram is meant to ever get out.

electricmastro

Reaction score
Country
United States
Kuro isn't particularly powerful (I'd guess even nero would foderize him ten times over as they were last seen) but I'd guess he is potentially a good match in crocodile's crew. Add to that their interests would appear to align (crocodile wanting a country, kuro wanting to disappear). But it is still hard to imagine him having any real relevance, specially with so many other characters around.

I wouldn't mind doflamingo appearing again but that would require him to escape impel down. I suppose it isn't too impossible if bentram is meant to ever get out.
At best, I could see him getting stronger enough to be Usopp’s opponent in the final saga, but that’s prob too redundant.

WILDCARD 1 7

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
I'd like for Ceaser to join Cross Guide, I'd think he would fit right in.

costicla

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Romania
I think we should see Urouge after Egghead, the only Worst Generation member who Luffy hasn't met. If so, maybe then Enel will finally return and we can find out more about all the Moon people.

Vanshrimp

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
i actually care more about why should old characters be brought back. If Enel, shows up , without bringing any interesting revelations and how his journey on the moon, is related to the whole plot, then better keep him away.

electricmastro

Reaction score
Country
United States
I suppose Oda had Kaido and Big Mom fall into lava because he didn’t want to have the Marines arrest them like Doflamingo. Considering Big Mom’s past with Elbaf, maybe he’ll be set to bring them back assuming Big Mom will be pretty relevant to the Elbaf arc’s events.

Fox666

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
I suppose Oda had Kaido and Big Mom fall into lava because he didn’t want to have the Marines arrest them like Doflamingo. Considering Big Mom’s past with Elbaf, maybe he’ll be set to bring them back assuming Big Mom will be pretty relevant to the Elbaf arc’s events.
It's payback for boiling Oden's alive

electricmastro

Reaction score
Country
United States
Oda giving out Oimo and Kashii's names again after around 600 chapters.

Vanshrimp

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
the giant creatures we saw near thriller bark, are welcome anytime

electricmastro

Reaction score
Country
United States
Interesting how Oda brought back Doflamingo, Shirahoshi, Saul, Boodle, and Tonjit in Chapter 1114, but still hasn’t brought back Moria, Smoker, Fujitora, or most of the Grand Fleet members post-Wano.