What do you guys/girls think about energy drinks? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

What do you guys/girls think about energy drinks?

malina

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I started drinking like Redbull and coffee but not too much. I like it sometimes because it gives me a good spark to practice and sometimes make me focus more in times of stress or when I'm really tired. I feel like I should cut down and start getting use of practicing without those drinks. I heard they are bad for you but I don't drink coke just water and juice. Energy drinks are the only bad thing I drink. But I also drink water while I'm drinking a Redbull.

I was wondering what is yall take in this. I don't want bad affects later. Like you can't start off your day or practice without drinking one. I don't want to get like that.

TStew

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Just personal preference but I try and stay away from artificially made stuff, especially with fake sweeteners and the like. Now I do make the exception with beer, but its nearly natural, and no artificial stuff anyhow.

I work a rotating shift and sit for long periods of time, and some shifts can be really rough if its boring and you didnt get enough sleep. My personal choice for an energy drink besides just plain coffee or tea, is starbucks doubleshots. I keep a few in my locker. Its mostly natural, coffee, cream, sugar. It often takes until they expire for me to finish 4... so I have them in moderation. I wouldnt be recommending a few a day like some people seem to need energy drinks. I know its not always easy or possible, but better to get more sleep, less stress, better nutrition, etc.

Michalv

Intl Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
It seems normal for me, but I think it's not good thing to drink them too much. I never drink them though, so I can't say anything XDD

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Well, I think the main issue here is primarily to avoid drinking more than the recommended amounts of this sort of thing. I personally know someone that went a tad overboard and had somewhat severe gastric problems for a couple of weeks. Of course, if you want to avoid being dependent on caffeine then the only alternative is to avoid the thing altogether and if at all plausible have habits that allow you to simply not need the stuff (sleep well, set priorities and all that complicated stuff). A good alternative here would be to simply eat better. A balanced diet can do wonders for your sleep and energy (assuming you have questionable habits in that regard).

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Used to be hella addicted to it, but not anymore. I drink it occasionally, but yeah, I think it tastes good and all.

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
They are crap, and no one should drink them (like sodas).

But they are good with Vodka.

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Ever had Jäger bomb? Monsters are shit. Vodka is (good) shit.

Together, they make the ultimate shit.

Or Sprite and vodka?

Yummeh! :arf

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ever had Jäger bomb? Monsters are shit. Vodka is (good) shit.

Together, they make the ultimate shit.

Or Sprite and vodka?

Yummeh! :arf
Sprite with vodka? I don't think I've tried that.

I've had jagerbombs with both Red Bull or Monster. Nice drink :amuse

As for energy drinks on their, I don't really drink them outside of the club/party place. Unless it's been a long day at work and I need a really buzz.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
People here usually have sprite with vodka whenever there is no tonic water available... I am not much of a fan though. Its not bad but it is not good either... Needs lots of lemon to make sense. I like jaggerbombs but I usually avoid them Not sure if it is a myth or not but supposedly drinking energy drinks mixed with vodka can cause tachycardia or something.

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
I am not a fan :( I don't particularly like the taste. They tend to be too chemical/sweet tasting for me. I did drink one called Spike, but only on Black Friday working for Best Buy, because I worked 16+ hour shifts and otherwise wouldn't make it through. It had some ridiculous amount of B12 in it, like 23,000% of the daily recommended value >_>

Asarii

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I actually the Starbucks Refreshers more than the traditional energy drinks, but I wouldn't want to consume it every day. My heartbeat is already faster than average so I wouldn't want it to be even faster. :-_-

Reactions: GB

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Ive always been afraid of trying an energy drink, I just never saw the point of them. Im so active in the morning that I dont think I would benefit from them at work. After work, I would just take a nap if Im light on energy and need to remain awake a bit more.

Also Im afraid of all those extra nutrients and caffeine stuff in them, since caffeine, too much, is usually related to health problems.

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Energy drinks are trash. Don't drink them.

They're addictive, bad for your heart, and make you feel like SHIT when you're on the high AND when you crash.

Day

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States
i think anything in excess is bad. (Once got hooked on vitamin C drinks and ended up not-so-well, now I'm afraid to take any supplements in fear that it'll hurt me again).

I was once told by a friend that energy drinks contain LARGE (LOTS) of chemicals. No more energy drinks, for me!

Linn

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I guess it depends how often you drink them, I think once a week is fine. Obviously it's better to not be dependent on them, but change your lifestyle - get enough sleep and nutrients is the way to go. Personally when I was working a lot.. I took a few energy drinks because I was exhausted, it actually made my stress worse and I felt very anxious. Worse case scenario you could get diarrhea lol.

Reactions: Day

Sheri Hawkins

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I would rather have brewed coffee than to drink energy drinks

Enola

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
I like sometimes to make the cocktails with them :tem

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Is coffee categorized as energy drinks? Didn't know

Never tried any. And will never. Isn't it bad for the kidneys? I prefer consuming enough healthy foods/drinks/vitamins on important days (e.g. Ramadan fasting or blood donation)

I am a big fan of coffee, though

Last edited:

Riker

Artist
Reaction score
Country
India
I think they are unhealthy. I do not drink them at all. The last time I drank an energy drink was four years ago. I did not like the taste because it was too sweet.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Is coffee categorized as energy drinks? Didn't know
I wouldn't think so. It's not in the same category as say "Red Bull" in any way. I guess there are some "coffee energy drinks", but I know you don't mean that.