Discussion - What has Nero been doing all this time? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion What has Nero been doing all this time?

waldoputty

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I have been of the opinion that Julius is the mastermind behind much of what happened, just like the word devil, to protect Clover from demons and make society better.
We are just not sure how much time magic he has, as in knowing about the past and the present.

However, there is yet another person we now know that has that knowledge, at least of the past.
That is of course the cute birdy Nero.

So in the last 500 hundred years, Nero has been watching over things.
But certainly she is not just sitting on the First Magic Emperior's head all that time.
So what has she been doing?

Is she flirting with other birds?
Does not seem so or there would be some interesting hybrids.

Is she checking out hot guys?
Does not sound like it as she remained true to the magic emperor.
Wow, a love that lasted 500 years...

I would have thought that she would be communicating with the various magic emperors, or at least some of them after monitoring what type of person they are.
We know she can talk so she could certainly communicate with humans.
Would have thought Julius is one of those, but yet Julius acted surprised by her magic.
Of course, Julius never saw her in her human hottie form so may be he did not recognize her.

If Tabata is tricking us and Nero has been chatting with Julius, then Julius would not need the ability to see the past.
That would make someone dropping off Asta and Yuno even more suspicious.
As far as we know, Nero has no idea when the elves would show back up, or does she????

Daoloth

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Tartaros
I have been of the opinion that Julius is the mastermind behind much of what happened, just like the word devil, to protect Clover from demons and make society better.
We are just not sure how much time magic he has, as in knowing about the past and the present.

However, there is yet another person we now know that has that knowledge, at least of the past.
That is of course the cute birdy Nero.

So in the last 500 hundred years, Nero has been watching over things.
But certainly she is not just sitting on the First Magic Emperior's head all that time.
So what has she been doing?

Is she flirting with other birds?
Does not seem so or there would be some interesting hybrids.

Is she checking out hot guys?
Does not sound like it as she remained true to the magic emperor.
Wow, a love that lasted 500 years...

I would have thought that she would be communicating with the various magic emperors, or at least some of them after monitoring what type of person they are.
We know she can talk so she could certainly communicate with humans.
Would have thought Julius is one of those, but yet Julius acted surprised by her magic.
Of course, Julius never saw her in her human hottie form so may be he did not recognize her.

If Tabata is tricking us and Nero has been chatting with Julius, then Julius would not need the ability to see the past.
That would make someone dropping off Asta and Yuno even more suspicious.
As far as we know, Nero has no idea when the elves would show back up, or does she????
Salve to correct a mistake about Nero/Secre being able to talk... She at least in the Anime said she wasn't able to speak until around the time the Shadow Palace appeared or when she finally talks to Finral. She also couldn't assume human form until the seal of her lover err love was broken. Its unclear exactly how many years she slept so I'll have to speculate here.

Nero probably had to adjust to life as a bird which must have taken a while. She probably was pretty depressed, it must have sucked really hard being limited on what she was able to do. She probably had to eat, fight off a few other animals or avoid getting harmed by others. Its unclear if she can heal or regenerate at all as not really seen her inured even watching entire Anime I would look for Nero trying to see what was doing. She probably tried to keep the statue of her love as clean as possible keeping what could away from him. She watched over the book I think, probably tried to look for signs of the Devil or what was going on. She managed to blend in a bit with the other birds that looked like her which helped. I figure she must have tried to locate the magic stones she was able to find which must have been pretty limited all things considered. She saw Asta as somebody she could use much like her love used her to create his nightmare. Not for nothing but even a blind fool should have been able to see what he was planning could only end badly. Wow magic redistribution what could go wrong, stealing magic from others to give to the poor hahaha. Steal from productive people to give to those who are not productive or don't produce anything. It could only end up being used as a weapon, even just storing energy. I guess in a way its like guy who invented nuclear power or the atomic bomb planning to use it for energy instead of a weapon.

I'm sure it took Secre a while to realize she wasn't going to die. You know after a few years it must have been like damn these birds can't live that long I am probably going to die. Almost like Princess Bride when guy would tell Wesley he would surely kill him in the morning as Dread Pirate Roberts or whatever. If she was awake for over 5 centuries or not I'm not 100% sure. She must have been around at least 15+ years since she found Asta as a boy if remember. I wonder if Nero saw what happened with Spade Kingdom or really knew much of what was going on around her. She might have lost her mind or memories for a while. I'm pretty sure she knew the Devil would break the Eternal Prison so was planning for how to combat it when it happened. She knew when she sealed him he would break out eventually so did what could to save Prince for future. Her plan was to use the stones to free him so was just needing to find people like Finral when was finally able to talk that already trusted her.

Witch Queen seemed to know exactly who Nero was which makes me really wonder their relationship. Is the Witch Queen somebody from the Silvamillion Clover family that was cursed for some reason? Why is she alive for over 500 years, is she bound to the forest there, unable to leave? I thought the Witch Queen when looked at her book it was in the Devil language but I can't be 100% sure. It would be funny it Nero had some bird kids that Asta could help her raise when they get married ;).