Soundtrack - What is your favorite D. Gray Man (Anime) opening? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Soundtrack What is your favorite D. Gray Man (Anime) opening?

KungPaoChicken

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Just finished watching the show and I think it's amazing. Up next is the manga! But what was really surprising was the amazing openings that the anime version has. There absolutely amazing.

REN KOUEN

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States

first off welcome to the series and mangahelpers!!!!

the anime was amazing, hopefully once the manga is finished the anime will also.continue

but back on topic im torn between opening 2 & 3

id say opening 3 by a slight margin

Last edited by a moderator:

KungPaoChicken

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Yes!! Thankyou. And I totally agree with those openings being the best. :^_^

killerclownjoker

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Just finished watching the show and I think it's amazing. Up next is the manga! But what was really surprising was the amazing openings that the anime version has. There absolutely amazing.

Aracely

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
It's hard to say. Innocent Sorrow is delightfully creepy and atmospheric, Brightdown is creepy and energetic, Doubt & Trust is tense and active, and Gekidou is less creepy than the others and quite pretty. And I don't care for the opening of D.Gray-man Hallow. I think maybe Doubt & Trust is the best one overall, but in terms of atmosphere, Innocent Sorrow can't be beaten.

Gladiolus

Reaction score
Country
Spain
It's hard to pick between Gekidou and Doubt & Trust. Both are quite good. Doubt & Trust is probably the catchiest and hypest opening of the bunch, begun to air when the series started to reach to its best part (Fallen One + Edo) and has dynamic and cool visuals, while Gekidou (being the last opening of the original anime) has a nice yet sad feeling of "final battle" (I think its the saddest sounding opening of the series), has great visuals too, its chorus is incredibly catchy and it aired during the best bit of D. Gray Man (Noah's Ark + Black Order Invasion). I think I slightly favour Gekidou more cause the feeling of "epic final fight".

Innocent Sorrow is great too. I think it set perfectly the mood of the anime, it's catchy and it has good visuals as well. Brightdown was nice, the song is dark and epic and the visuals of the song were promising, but, since it came in the part with the most filler of the series, the end result was kinda disappointing. I consider Key-Bring it on my destiny- the worst opening out of the five, it is the most generic-sounding and the visuals didn't hyped me much, but I still liked it more than your average seasonal anime opening, I will give it that.

At the end it would go like this:

Gekidou >= Doubt & Trust > Innocent Sorrow > Brightdown > Key-Bring it on my destiny-

Cat Sidhe26

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Doubt and Trust

Ericbarker306

Reaction score
Country
Fairy Tail
I really like opening 1 innocent sorrow! It was my favorite opening! I also really liked the third opening doubt and access

Jalouis

Reaction score
Country
United States
Strange Space
The song still alive in our hearts.