Predictions - What will be the ending of Berserk? | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Predictions What will be the ending of Berserk?

RancorX

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
ive always imagined berserk ending in a simillar way as gungrave, but who knows what wil happen :)

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Romania
Guts should die a violent death, but not before he kills the God Hands

Crisis.

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
i say kill guts and griffith making it a tie and then a little soft moment right after that from those 2 thus ending it with guts's and griffith's friends crying over them

ah that would be nice but if guts die before he kills griffith then what would had been the point? one of the main ideals of the manga is guts going through a bunch of shits just to get his revenge if he doesn't get it that would be a huge plot hole

Bhoot

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Uhm , I think that Griffith will own a kingdom but after a while [like 1-2 years] when every conflict settles down and he is recognized as the king , he will feel a void in his heart coz the only thing that keeps him going is his Dream for which he has sacrificed too much . And as we have read , he does not take anyone his friend unless they r equally powerful as him . He will only be able to think of Gatts who now well doesn't feel anything for him but pity[maybe a little hatred] .

He will feel no use in living any longer . He will go berserk attacking his Generals asking them what to do since there is not anything for him left . He will visit Gatts who will either ignore him / just reject him .

Feeling the errors of his ways , he will commit suicide . Giving the message that you should not sacrifice so much for ur ambition that it ends up consuming u / haunting u .

Gatts on the other hand will live a peaceful life by ending the chain of hatred with Casca and all his companions with Isihi as his successor as guardian for something / just a master of arms [I dont think that they will kill a kid protagonist , so maybe even magic girl will survive , maybe end up Marrying Ishi too *o.o*] .

The God hand on the other hand will most probably have been destroyed in the matter of the journey [or still exist to show that we need to always stay careful of our inner demons]

crazy_horse1989

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Uh, what...? He had a heart at all? After the Eclipse and the reincarnation, first as Femto, then after taking the body of the child? Isn't he one of the God Hand now? o_O

Sure, there was the case of The Count in the second volume, but that was a lesser demon/superior being...

What you are saying there, my friend, will never happen in Berserk. This is not that kind of manga series.

Roflkopt3r

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Yeah I don't think that it is a likely ending either. Griffith growing a heart upon realizing that his all-devouring dream was hopeless? No way that's gonna happen.
He doesn't behave "heartless" or anything like that either, he seemed to have a pretty good relationship to his soldiers, the apostles and Sonya. He also has comrades who are on the same level as him, which are the God Hand.

However, it might not be impossible that he turns against the God Hand one day, although I don't think so. I wonder what role the skull knight will take in the later story, he still seems very superior to Guts.

RDN-567

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Hungary
I think Gattsu's journey will end well, but I don't think he'll kill Griffith or any of the other God Hands. That's skull knight's job. Gattsu needs to overcome fate to truly be happy, and to do that he has to break free of the destiny imposed upon him by Griffith. Griffith condemned Gattsu to a life driven by revenge, so for Gattsu to win he has to beat Griffith not physically, but mentally.
Also I think it's pretty clear that Void is to Skull Knight as Griffith is to Gattsu. But Skull Knight said fate moved in a spiral, so maybe Gattsu won't follow the same path of vengeance. That's how I want this to end.
I think kind of so too. When the armor was presented, I already had the feeling that it connects his and the Skull knights destiny together somehow.
Maybe skull knight took the same road as Gats did... or from otherview: Gatts is on the same road(fate), and is on his way to their fate connects and he becomes the/a Skull knight. And so he will have the power to fight even against the godhands..
But as we see, skull knight is alone, and Gatts has a team.. maybe he sacrifices also his team (as Griffith did), and so he becomes the SK (or alike of thing).
OR this would be happen normally, but the little witch can keep him by his mind, so he wont sacrifice his friends...

But if the manga will continue for 25 years more.. the end will be, that I'll stop reading it.. :(

(btw sorry for my bad english)

maddoggnick96

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
I just hope the ending is good. I can't imagine how the fanbase will react if the ending is extremely unsatisfying after following the series for 30~ years. Can you say "death threats"?

As for how it will actually end. Guts will kill the God Hand, including Griffith and most likely die in the process. Or he will be so cursed from the berserker armor that he banishes himself from society for their safety and can never see them again. That's just my guess though.

Josef

Dank Trump
Reaction score
Country
Germany
For some reason the only characters that I see surviving in the end of Berserk are Puck and Caska, I really can't explain it, but the others pretty much seem like they would die or something. Puck is the one that is going to survive I am fairly sure of it, however Caska I doubt it, but I just have a feeling she will as well.

As for some spectacular ending and the battle between Guts and Griffith I don't really know how it will end, but the survivors will be very few, I imagine a war-like ending for Berserk.

llamapie

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
For some reason the only characters that I see surviving in the end of Berserk are Puck and Caska, I really can't explain it, but the others pretty much seem like they would die or something. Puck is the one that is going to survive I am fairly sure of it, however Caska I doubt it, but I just have a feeling she will as well.

As for some spectacular ending and the battle between Guts and Griffith I don't really know how it will end, but the survivors will be very few, I imagine a war-like ending for Berserk.
Its going to involve Guts killing Griffith. I'm not sure how he will pull it off but something tells me we will get a glimpse of the concept when he reaches elfheim.

Roflkopt3r

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I wonder if it's really going to end in a straight storyline. So far Miura hasn't really put in any time jumps, but somehow I could imagine one following after another plot turn.
Something like Guts failing again (at killing Griffith this time), then having a time jump and then seeing Guts returning like ten years later, and dying while killing Griffith - because I don't really see the still quite young Guts dying for some reason.

Josef

Dank Trump
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Its going to involve Guts killing Griffith. I'm not sure how he will pull it off but something tells me we will get a glimpse of the concept when he reaches elfheim.
Yeah the ending is expected, what I meant sure it can be theri final battle, but apart form that, I think it will end with a war, Griffith already has a huge army. Guts does not have much, but he can gather.

Also @Roflkopt3r

You mean like a time-skip?

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
The terrible reality is that Berserk will not ever be finished.

Not unless the human lifespan is increased by like 50 years...at least. It seems like they have been traveling to Elfheim for my entire adult life. I'll consider myself fortunate to even live long enough to see them reach that freakin place.

Josef

Dank Trump
Reaction score
Country
Germany
It's just that the arcs in Berserk are long, but that does not mean they do not move the story forward, like:

Golden Age, it took a while to finish that, but the story really progressed, even more so, it established the whole plot.

Conviction or Retribution, the arc with Mozgus and the church also involved Guts dealing with a GREAT power in the world of Berserk.

The falcon arc, that one got Griffith established as an even more powerful person, that now has the power of the people on his side, and even more they believe in him and trust him.

As for this arc it is at the beginning, so it is moving slow, sadly this is when most fans caught up, those who have been reading it for ten years, I can not even image what they are thinking.

But this arc is not the ending, a solid two-three arcs will be the ending where everything is wrapped up.

mrsticky005

Reaction score
Country
United States
Guts dies.
Griffith dies.

Rickert is King of Falconia.

mcd693

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I think that Guts kills everyone and then just walks away.

Every big terrible character throughout the series has been attempting to become a god by gaining more power and more influence. Guts doesn't really care for status or power. He's beginning to get his own little army and in the most recent chapters he has had to rely on them numerous times to beat his ever growing opponents. But he never really instructs them on how to carry themselves... they just kind of do it. I think that similarly to the first arc, guts and co. will continue to win until there is no one left. At that point he'll simply walk away from the potential, "king" or, "ruler" position.

The roman's caesar and successive caesar's would simply take power once their military campaigns were over because they were simply strong enough to do so. Unlike caesar Guts is not a king. He is currently a small leader, but has never shown any content leading more than a handful of people. Nothing is gonna stop guts from killing everyone. The series relies on it.

It's what he choses to do once everyone is dead that I am fascinated to see :)

Aazholh

Reaction score
Country
United States
I can't see everyone dying, but I'm sure there will be casualties on the way to taking down Griffith. Guts will probably die, since what he wants most is revenge against Griffith. Prior to the eclipse, Guts just wanted to equal to Griffith and earn his respect as a friend. Maybe he will achieve this dream without even knowing it. It would be nice to see Guts strip Griffith of his power and claim Falconia for himself, but that's just a pipe dream I guess.

Notice me Escanor senpai

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
The ending I see is similar to Devilman's ending. Guts will die, and he won't be able to take his revenge.

Aazholh

Reaction score
Country
United States
The ending I see is similar to Devilman's ending. Guts will die, and he won't be able to take his revenge.
I hope the ending will be a little more upbeat than that. How about this: the ending shows a thousand years later were Guts is in Skullknight's place trying to take down the Godhand.

Notice me Escanor senpai

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
I hope the ending will be a little more upbeat than that. How about this: the ending shows a thousand years later were Guts is in Skullknight's place trying to take down the Godhand.
I don't find that satisfying since that would mean he'll have to lose his humanity in order to take down the Godhand. Besides we don't know what SK is. He might not be an Apostle, but he could be anything, and not necessarily something "holy" .Besides Guts was sacrificed to the Godhand. If he dies he'll just become one of those spirits that we saw in the earlier volumes.So I doubt he'll be able to come back in another form.