Discussion - What will Cross Guild do next? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion What will Cross Guild do next?

electricmastro

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Buggy has just rallied up Cross Guild's followers to go for One Piece much to Crocodile and Mihawk's frustration. None of them seem interested in fighting Luffy, Shanks, or Blackbeard, so what will they do next?

Zmsp

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Oda is probably going to come up with a comedic reason for them to join the fray, in what I assume to be the Elbaf arc, so all we can do right now is speculate on what other characters join them in the meanwhile.

Judge and Caesar seem like perfect fits.

WILDCARD 1 7

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
I still say that their going find Captain Johns treasure at some point. Given that been a dangling plot thread for a long time. As well as his connections to ROCKS.

Zmsp

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Am I the only one who's looking at Cross Guild like some sort of World Government metaphor?

They're an organization represented by a cross that issues bounties, and they're blurring the lines between good and evil...

electricmastro

Reaction score
Country
United States
Guys, I think I know why specifically Oda had Law and Kid turn out the way they did.

I think a specific reason Oda had Law and Kid’s asses kicked was because of Buggy.

Blackbeard got road poneglyph info after kicking Law’s ass.

Shanks got road poneglyph info after kicking Kid’s ass.

If Blackbeard and Shanks went to Zou and Wano to get Road Poneglyph info, then they likely would have just gotten in Buggy’s way. If Oda really wants to follow through with Buggy’s claim of being Pirate King and Cross Guild ending up going to Zou and Wano, then he prob saw Law and Kid as the excuses he needed to have Blackbeard and Shanks stay out of the way, because now neither of them have any stated reason to go to those places, while Buggy would when he remembers how Roger and Oden got road poneglyph info from Zou and Wano.

electricmastro

Reaction score
Country
United States
File for bankruptcy when BB goes to cash in on Garp's 3B bounty...
Makes me wonder if they’d ally with Blackbeard Pirates since they’re both gladly willing to take down Marines.

FetherMan

Reaction score
Country
United States
Could possibly pay the bounty on Garp, if they have the money to do so. 🤔

Pirate Queen

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
BB Pirates: " We've got Garp! Give us 3 B berries

Crocodile: "We'll take Garp but don't have the 3 B to give."

BB: "Give us the money!"

Mihawk joins Crocodile: "Or what?"

BB Pirates:

DeadlyBeast

Reaction score
Country
United States
My understanding is that the bounties are being paid for by a collective pool of money from underground brokers. To me the Cross Guild is just the facilitator like an auction house of sorts with bounties on marines where they use their muscle (Mihawk) to:
  • Guarantee the person turning in the bounty is safe (like the old starving man)
  • Act as a reliable middle man that will protect your cash during the transactions
  • Take the heat from the Marines while the under ground brokers stay out of the spotlight
Honestly, Crocodile really did set up something pretty ingenious since CG likely gets a small cut of this business. Wonder why no other Yonko had bothered to do this before.

TitaniumOxide

Reaction score
Country
United States
So bad guys who gets captured by the Marines or Gov gets sent to Impel Down...does Cross Guild have their own prison? The main question is what the hell do they do with their captives? The whole point of Marines putting a bounty on someone's head is to bring them to justice but do pirates or Cross Guild care about that? I mean wtf are they gonna do with Garp? Throw him in an expensive af seastone prison after paying 3 billion? We all know he'd break out of anything else otherwise...if he is alive that is.

Fox666

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Take the heat from the Marines while the under ground brokers stay out of the spotlight
Yes

Specifically, the person you ask for money must be accessible

So only Emperor-level characters could pull that off, otherwise the Marines would take them down

So bad guys who gets captured by the Marines or Gov gets sent to Impel Down...does Cross Guild have their own prison? The main question is what the hell do they do with their captives? The whole point of Marines putting a bounty on someone's head is to bring them to justice but do pirates or Cross Guild care about that? I mean wtf are they gonna do with Garp? Throw him in an expensive af seastone prison after paying 3 billion? We all know he'd break out of anything else otherwise...if he is alive that is.
On theory, they will do the same to Garp as the Marines would with pirates

Ricko

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Just a stupid theory... But there is another way to go to Laught Tale, without the ponenoglyhs.
Someone know the path, Roger's Navigator !
It's strange no Yonkou went for his head (maybe he's guy with the burn scar).

But we don't know the role of Buggy in Roger's Pirate crew.
He was a apprentice, but he could be apprentice Navigator ?
We don't know someone with this role in his crew, and he manage to retrieve his crew quickly in East Blue by navigation.
Shank by friendship would keep the secret for Buggy safety.

I'm sure the devil Clown know the way to Laught Tale, but never hoped to go here before after Shank renoncement.
Now he have a powerfull crew to achieve his dream he don't need the red stone !

electricmastro

Reaction score
Country
United States
Just a stupid theory... But there is another way to go to Laught Tale, without the ponenoglyhs.
Someone know the path, Roger's Navigator !
It's strange no Yonkou went for his head (maybe he's guy with the burn scar).

But we don't know the role of Buggy in Roger's Pirate crew.
He was a apprentice, but he could be apprentice Navigator ?
We don't know someone with this role in his crew, and he manage to retrieve his crew quickly in East Blue by navigation.
Shank by friendship would keep the secret for Buggy safety.

I'm sure the devil Clown know the way to Laught Tale, but never hoped to go here before after Shank renoncement.
Now he have a powerfull crew to achieve his dream he don't need the red stone !
Def interesting to see if Cross Guild is going to get the Road Poneglyphs or not in this race for One Piece.

WILDCARD 1 7

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
They could always just go to Big Mom's and take thier red poneglyph. I mean it's not like thier anyone there that could stop them especially right now.

Australopithecus

Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I think they will be involved in some huge battle royal that takes place before the acquisition of One Piece.

electricmastro

Reaction score
Country
United States
So will Cross Guild be meeting with Blackbeard Pirates in the event they turn Garp in for his 3 billion bounty?

Zmsp

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
I can't think of clear path for Cross Guild to enter the fray, so I'm going to guess that Buggy declaring they'll be aiming for the One Piece means that it will eventually be revealed that he knows who the "man marked by flames" is.

electricmastro

Reaction score
Country
United States
I can't think of clear path for Cross Guild to enter the fray, so I'm going to guess that Buggy declaring they'll be aiming for the One Piece means that it will eventually be revealed that he knows who the "man marked by flames" is.
And uses his past connections to gain more traction.

WILDCARD 1 7

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
I think that they will still go for Captain John's treasure. As that is still a dangling plot thread.