Question - What would happen if a apostle resurrected twice? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Question What would happen if a apostle resurrected twice?

souske

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
In the earlier chapters of Berserk, The Count could've sacrificed his daughter to save his own life. And it seemed as if he would be alright after the ritual. But when the Kushan emperor used his artificial Behelit he lost himself.

Notice me Escanor senpai

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
I think you answered your own question. The main difference is that with the Slug count it was his own(normal) behelit, and it wasn't about getting reincarnated. It was the price to pay to save his life and get the help of the God Hand, you know so that he doesn't get killed by Guts.
Ganishka used the artificial behelit, or the Reincarnator to be reincarnated as Shiva. He became more powerful and his form was different, which isn't the same as the count (again it was about saving his life not about getting reincarnated again).When a pregnant human woman was put inside the man-made behelit, the spirits would possess the body of the child, transforming him into a demon.

Last edited:

Dried Ambrosia

A Symphony For Your Taste Buds
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Buy Moria
OK, so I have a little difficulty with the concept of apostles being resurrected? I always thought that they transformed into apostles to keep living. Technically they were not dead, but in coma or a deep spiritual trance, or so I thought.

Or am I missing something?

Notice me Escanor senpai

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
OK, so I have a little difficulty with the concept of apostles being resurrected? I always thought that they transformed into apostles to keep living. Technically they were not dead, but in coma or a deep spiritual trance, or so I thought.

Or am I missing something?
At the moment it doesn't look like it's possible, through a normal behelit. When the slug count was going to get killed by Guts, his blood activated the behelit that opened the God Hand's dimension, where they gathered. They told him if he wanted to get their help, he would have to sacrifice Theresia, his daughter, the only thing dear to him (he sacrificed his wife the first time). He refused and got sucked into the vortex of souls. I do not think the apostles can be given another form(reincarnation) after the first time, simply because the form they take is supposed to represent who they truly are, their ideal form. We saw that with Griffith.

The case with Ganishka is different, his original form what that of a mist. When he confronted Griffith the latter dispersed him, because he's just mist. Ganishka unlike the other apostles didn't want to serve Griffith, so he looked to get stronger. That's why Daiba created the man-made behelit that is able to transform new borns into demon children. It worked differently than the regular behelit, since it allowed spirits to inhabit human bodies.It's not like the normal behelit where the apostle needs to sacrifice what is dear to him.
When he fused with the man-made behelit he took on the form commonly know as Shiva,this time around he was solid, not a mist. He also lost his conscioussness, perhaps because the behelit was incomplete. But it seems that the behelit allowed the merging of layers, it was most likely a key to access the different planes, and when SK destroyed it by accident the merging of layers happened.
There is no indication that a normal behelit allows an apostle to be reincarnated a second time, with a different form. It's mostly a tool to contact the God hand, who then can save the apostle's life, in exchange of him doing another sacrifice.

nomed

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
I think you answered your own question. The main difference is that with the Slug count it was his own(normal) behelit, and it wasn't about getting reincarnated. It was the price to pay to save his life and get the help of the God Hand, you know so that he doesn't get killed by Guts.
Ganishka used the artificial behelit, or the Reincarnator to be reincarnated as Shiva. He became more powerful and his form was different, which isn't the same as the count (again it was about saving his life not about getting reincarnated again).When a pregnant human woman was put inside the man-made behelit, the spirits would possess the body of the child, transforming him into a demon.
Na, I think you're completely wrong. I'd wager anything the count would of got a new body, probably just a bigger and stronger version, maybe more slug powers. The God Hand almost never directly intervene, the count would of been forced to kill his daughter himself after too.

Notice me Escanor senpai

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Na, I think you're completely wrong. I'd wager anything the count would of got a new body, probably just a bigger and stronger version, maybe more slug powers. The God Hand almost never directly intervene, the count would of been forced to kill his daughter himself after too.
Pretty sure I'm right about this, but I guess we'll never know for sure.:cookiehand

nomed

Reaction score
Country
United States
No, completely wrong. The behelits aren't magic wish granters. The user sacrifices something important to them, and then they are reincarnated into a powerful monster, and then they can do what ever they want with said power. It's ridiculous to think that using the behelit a second time would do something completely different, like just heal him, and let the God hand do his dirty work. That's so unlike anything the God Hand have ever done, it's really weird and just plain illogical that any one would ever come to that conclusion... The obvious deduction is that the Count would have been reincarnated once again, into an even more powerful monster.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
And I think we will know for sure one day. It will either be explained in the manga, or Mirua will explain it some interview or something.

smokeesid

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
India
His ethereal body will reach deeper in the astral realm when he transforms into an apostle. Moreover, to support his ethereal body, the apostle form will be more complicated and powerful.

Ganishka lost his self mainly due to the depth where he reached. At that depth things start to become one. When Skull Knight used his sword on Ganishka, then the inside of the apostle body reached the vortex where every soul unifies and it turned into the world tree because that body contained the ethereal body of Ganishka that was already gone deep enough and the transformation of the world was the result of the manifestation of the world tree in the physical world that connects the depth of the astral realm to the physical plane (same as the what Behelit does to a limited area of a land). So the creatures that are part of human's dreams and fantasy became a reality and physical things transformed themselves to become dreamlike. And the portrayal of God Hands at that time was there to show that now all of them are able to manifest themselves in the physical plane may be because the doors are opened from where you could reach the depth of the astral world.

Zephyr003

Reaction score
Country
United States
No, completely wrong. The behelits aren't magic wish granters. The user sacrifices something important to them, and then they are reincarnated into a powerful monster, and then they can do what ever they want with said power. It's ridiculous to think that using the behelit a second time would do something completely different, like just heal him, and let the God hand do his dirty work. That's so unlike anything the God Hand have ever done, it's really weird and just plain illogical that any one would ever come to that conclusion... The obvious deduction is that the Count would have been reincarnated once again, into an even more powerful monster.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
And I think we will know for sure one day. It will either be explained in the manga, or Mirua will explain it some interview or something.

There's nothing weird or illogical about that conclusion, in fact it seems pretty clear cut. The behelit isn't doing something different the second time(it doesn't grant powers), the behelit would be doing the same thing it has always done, call the God Hand.

llamapie

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
This is the kind of thing I doubt we'll get an answer to. Some apostles are clearly far stronger than others. Perhaps it has to do with the original human? Their will and abilities and latant potential may determine the result of the transformation. Or perhaps the God hand decides how much power to doll out depending on the use of the behelit. That being said it really intrigues me how strong Guts would be if he ever became an apostle (god forbid!). He's god hand material in my opinion. I really don't think there is any true rhyme or reason to it.