Character - What's the deal with Krauser? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Character What's the deal with Krauser?

taniquetil

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I just had these thoughts that I feel haven't been resolved:

Krauser owned Kirihara 5-0, 40-0 easily (then lost 7 games in a row due to Devil Akaya). So he's definitely good. This most recent chapter has him owning Richard, so yeah, good stuff.

Here's what bothers me: First off, he's a first-year that had no anti-Ryoma development (the Rokkaku guy and Kintarou both had 1st-year development with Ryoma).

Second, everyone at Nagoya Seitoku sucked balls. How come Krauser never realized 'hey, this school sucks and I"m good, maybe I should transfer'. I mean, he's good enough to get a spot on any other team, but he didn't. Why? Is he just stupid or what?

Oh, and in the Prince of Tennis Nationals OVA, his name is 'Klauser'. It's said in terrible English by one of the Nagoya guys. I know there was a thread on this a while back.

DavenSodan

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I think he just got hired form this Nagoya school without him knowing with what kind of players he would have to win the nationals. Or it is because their are all other countries. If Im honest I would go to the school where most people can talk at least english. Maybe, if Krauser is german, he met other guys in the team who were from germany too, he he sticked around with them instead.

Fayte

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Oh, and in the Prince of Tennis Nationals OVA, his name is 'Klauser'. It's said in terrible English by one of the Nagoya guys. I know there was a thread on this a while back.
Japanese people think Alucard is really "Arucard." They can't get their "L's" and "R's" correct. Luckily, Echizen's voice actor got it right when she says "You still have Lots more to work on" instead of "You still have Rots more to work on" and making it Engrish.

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
I just had these thoughts that I feel haven't been resolved:

Krauser owned Kirihara 5-0, 40-0 easily (then lost 7 games in a row due to Devil Akaya). So he's definitely good. This most recent chapter has him owning Richard, so yeah, good stuff.

Here's what bothers me: First off, he's a first-year that had no anti-Ryoma development (the Rokkaku guy and Kintarou both had 1st-year development with Ryoma).

Second, everyone at Nagoya Seitoku sucked balls. How come Krauser never realized 'hey, this school sucks and I"m good, maybe I should transfer'. I mean, he's good enough to get a spot on any other team, but he didn't. Why? Is he just stupid or what?

I seriously have trouble believing he's a first year..he's huge..

As for Krauser/Klauser..Krauser appears to be an actual German name because this isn't the first anime/manga/game it's appeared in.

Japanese don't have characters for L (Liliadent becomes Ririadento) or X (axel is Akuseru romanized) or V (bejita is Vegeta's name when romanized) as far as i know. It makes Kingdom Hearts chain of memories/KH2 very funny to play in Japanese since they thought it was a cute idea to have "X" in every orgy members name.

I believe Romanized it's "Kurausa".

As for your question, not every first year has rivalries with Ryoma, Kentarou Aoi of Rokkaku only plays Ryoma in the anime, in the Manga Kaido plays him while Ryoma perfects the COOL drive.

I don't think he's a first year in age...but he transferred to the school as one i think.

He definitely the best on the team..the only one who actually took it to Rikkai, then again their singles 1 player made Sanada use Rai so perhaps they weren't that weak.

Fayte

Reaction score
Country
United States
He definitely the best on the team..the only one who actually took it to Rikkai, then again their singles 1 player made Sanada use Rai so perhaps they weren't that weak.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Sanada said "Strike like Lightning" even before the match began, suggesting he just wanted to end it quickly regardless of the opponents skill.

KuwabaraTheMan

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't think we really know what level the other players were at, but I certainly doubt they 'sucked balls'.

There's no shame in losing to Rikkai. Fudoumine got stomped by them, and they're pretty good. Atobe got owned by a Sanada who didn't even use Rai (during their second year), and he's one of the best players in the series. Seigaku's doubles pairs also got humiliated during the Kantou tournament.

Krauser is definitely their best player, but the others might not be so bad.

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Sanada said "Strike like Lightning" even before the match began, suggesting he just wanted to end it quickly regardless of the opponents skill.
Your probably right, i got the OVA ending confused with the manga ending..it was the OVA where he used Rai on MP.

Fayte

Reaction score
Country
United States
They may not be bad, and they may be terrible. We really don't know. Nothing gives us any insight on their levels. The first matches were a give away, Kirihara happened to play a skilled player, Renji and Niou dominated the court 6-1, and Sanada wasted no time to 6-0.

One would argue that Renji and Niou would probably beat just about every doubles pair 6-1, so we can't judge the skill of the other team.

Ravsieg

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Yes.

On the manga, Sanada said "Strike like lightning" right before the match. So that means he wanted to rush it.
On the anime however it was before match point he said it.

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
I always figured theses guys were supposed to show how PoT characters compared to players from foreign countries...when you look at their names the majority of them come from Europe....which everyone knows is the tennis powerhouse these days.

Sherlock Holmes

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Krauser might be a first year in the school because the Japanese system is different from the Western one. He might have began his first middle school year in September, and then began his first middle school year again in Japan in January. I don't know how the Japanese system works.

Krauser was probably an exchange student. He couldn't have transfered out of nagoya even if they wanted to.

Nagoya beat Sengoku's school 4-1, so that means one of them lost to Sengoku. It was definitely not Krauser. But if they lost to Sengoky, they are really not that good.

It was probably the guy who sounded like beavis & butthead in the ova.

KuwabaraTheMan

Reaction score
Country
United States
Nagoya beat Sengoku's school 4-1, so that means one of them lost to Sengoku. It was definitely not Krauser. But if they lost to Sengoky, they are really not that good.
It wasn't the foreign players who beat Yamabuki 4-1. They said at the start of the match against Rikkai that it was a whole new lineup for that match. In other words, they had taken the Hyoutei route and weren't using their regulars for the first half of the Nationals. The player who Sengoku beat was one of the Japanese students at the school who didn't play in the semis.

The fact that they could beat Yamabki with their reserve players seems to indicate that they're a pretty strong school to me.

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hinata fan is right, they brought out the foreigners for semis

Fayte

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hinata fan is right, they brought out the foreigners for semis
I don't think that is possible... Being you had to register your team before the tournament started, wouldn't it have been odd to have a team with 14 players on it? Plus, do we ever see the actual Nagoya team, ever?

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't think that is possible... Being you had to register your team before the tournament started, wouldn't it have been odd to have a team with 14 players on it? Plus, do we ever see the actual Nagoya team, ever?
From FET

NAGOYA SEITOKU (Aichi): A less than stellar showing at the Toukai Tournament kept Nagoya Seitoku under the radar at the Nationals, where they quietly made a deep run to the semifinals. In the semifinals, the team's entire lineup was replaced by a more formidable group of exchange students, who jumped out to a quick 2-0 lead over Rikkai Dai Fuzoku. It was later revealed that Rikkai deliberately lost the first two sets to push Kirihara Akaya's growth.
From the manga itself
http://www.onemanga.com/Prince_of_Tennis/321/07/

Fayte

Reaction score
Country
United States
Is that a girl coach in the background for Nagoya?

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Looks like one...idk though Yukimura also crosses his legs so it may not be a cultural taboo

KuwabaraTheMan

Reaction score
Country
United States
You can change your lineup before each match, though. That's how Seigaku was able to get through the Nationals with 9 different players even though you can only actually have 8 players on your team officially.

javimgol

Reaction score
Country
Spain
In any case, about all of this discussion, as I stated in another post, I think Nagoya isn´t so bad. Ok, they haven´t got a National SF level, but if they defeated Yamabuki with non-regulars, the regulars will won VS Fudoumine, Higa, St.Rudolph... for sure. Shiten and Hyotei (I doubt a bit about Hyotei) would beat him, but even with this they are a good team.

Why Krauser was the only one in U-17? Because maybe the others were more "foreigners" than him and preferred to be with their own national team.
It's possible, of course, than none of the others will be as strong as Krauser (IMAO, I don´t think so, because then he would have played Singles 1), but that doesn´t make him a bad team:
Krauser was beating a Pre-Devil Kirihara 5-0, 40-0, so he's really good.Why?Remember: Pre-devil Kirihara lost by little to Tensai's Kanto Fuji (who in the Final, as the coach said, had the same level as Kanto's Tezuka) and First Muga's Ryoma. He also destroyed Kanto's Tachibana, a player that even Tezuka respected.In our tier list, Krauser would be a A- or B+.

Last edited: