Discussion - Whats the true Elite Ten? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Whats the true Elite Ten?

Kato756

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
This is a thread for us to talk about what would a Elite Ten where every one of it´s members fought seriously would look like.
After all, we have gotten some hints that the pre-Azami placement wasn´t really reflecting the real cooking skills, as some of it members focused more on other areas.

Just some guidelines to keep the discussion more focused:
1)This is the elite ten as we first saw them, before Azami put some fodder into it
2)If you refer to Erina, please say if you are talking about her post or before her time at the Polar Dorm, as it has surely pushed her skills beyond what they were before.
3)Same with Kouga, pre or post Yukuhira loss.
4)Have fun and don´t take things too seriously

I also decided to create another thread as this is more of a "power level" discussion and those always tend to spawn multiple pages.

That being said:

1)Rindou
While I believe she and Tsukasa are very close in terms of skills, and could have a score of W/L "51 to 49", i still believe if she put all that she learned in her journeys into action, plus had a more serious tone, she would definitely take first place, as would Jouchirou and, maybe in the future, Souma

2)Eishi

3) Megishima
Ramen is a very complex art, and if he really mastered as the story has shown, I think that the third spot is more than well earned

4) Ishiki
This is a man that does everything that he does in the bussiness sense, and still can do stuff much better than the current 6th seat when he gets into it. Also, bringging agressiviness into japanese cooking is something that i think would earn him some points

5/6) Momo and Saitou
Same as Megishima, Sushi and Sweets are very difficult, but we don´t have much information about them

7)Eizan
If we had more info on Momo and Saitou, we could maybe say he has the potential to surpass them

8)Kouga
Still has a lot to learn

9)Pre!Erina
I only think she was not made a higher number than the 10th because of plot

10)Nene
Basic Mistake in her match, too focused on apperances

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
The True Elite Ten if people actually cared/fought?

1. Rindo (It's implied she's stronger than Eishi)

2. Post!Erina (She's a perfectionist like Eishi, but she can also trust her friends to be her sous chef)

3. Eishi (He's just a paranoid perfectionist. That's it)

4. Tosuke (Literally walked ass backwards into the third seat. Probably a close rivalry with Eishi)

5. Satoshi (Lazy Genius)

6. Soumei (Actually probably one of the deepest shokugeki records, but has some short comings)

7. Eizan (Genius that uses his talent for business instead of cooking battles)

8. Momo (Earned her seat based of other accomplishments, but not the best fighter)

9. post!Kuga (Way more flexible than Nene)

10. Nene (she can't adjust on the fly)

Demonspeed

Damegami
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I really hope Rindou is not above Eishi because I am sick of that N.2> N.1 thing.

1. Eishi.
  2. Rindou.
  3. Megishima.
  4. Isshiki.
  5. Momo.
  6. Soumei.
  7. Kuga.
  8. Erina.
  9. Nene.
  10. Eizan.

Kato756

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I really hope Rindou is not above Eishi because I am sick of that N.2> N.1 thing.

1. Eishi.
  2. Rindou.
  3. Megishima.
  4. Isshiki.
  5. Momo.
  6. Soumei.
  7. Kuga.
  8. Erina.
  9. Nene.
  10. Eizan.
Why did you put Eizan at 10 D:

Demonspeed

Damegami
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Why did you put Eizan at 10 D:
Because I don't think he is better than the other ones I listed :p. He was the 9th Seat, only above Erina. I think Erina surpassed him now.

And that Shouko who appeared only to be crushed by Megishima was 5th Seat. I believe Nene and Eizan are the weakest Elite 10.

Aonori

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Because I don't think he is better than the other ones I listed :p. He was the 9th Seat, only above Erina. I think Erina surpassed him now.

And that Shouko who appeared only to be crushed by Megishima was 5th Seat. I believe Nene and Eizan are the weakest Elite 10.
Serious Eizan should be leagues above Nene, since Rindou a e10 chef who knows her business downright stated he would be higher in seating if he was more serious with his cooking, Nene messed up in her specialty too bad, I´d say my top would go like this:

Taking matches where the chefs can use their specialties only into account:
Nº1-Eishi
Nº2-Rindou
Nº3-Megashima
Nº4-Satoshi
Nº5-Momo
Nº6-Soumei
Nº?-Erina (because I´m yet to see her specialty feats on a e10 match-up, but it should be over Serious Eizan level)
Nº7-Serious Eizan (post Yukihira loss)
Nº8-Kuga (post Yukihira loss)
Nº9-Nene

Without taking Specialties into the performed dishes ranking (only general cooking experience counts)

Nº1-Rindou
Nº2-Eishi
Nº3-Megashima
Nº4-Satoshi
Nº5-Erina
Nº6-Serious Eizan
Nº7/8-Kuga/Soumei (tie) (I say this because Soumei´s sushi knife wont work on many other ingredients)
Nº9-Momo
Nº10-Nene

seizzoverow

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
1. Eishi
2. Rindou
3. Momo
4. Megishima
5. Isshiki
6. soumei
7. Pre Erina
8. Serious eizan
9. Kuga
10. Nene

sardinestunasalmon

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Eishi
Rindou
Megishima/Isshiki - I know it's a bit farfetched, but I think Isshiki can be stronger than Megishima if he went all out
Somei/Momo - I think the gap between them is very marginal
Post-Erina
Serious Eizan
Post-Kuga
Nene

Based on Rindou's words, I think Eizan can come close to Isshiki if he gets serious and could probably surpass Momo and Somei. But until I see him actually gets serious, I won't put him higher for now.

And I think pre-Erina was already stronger than non-serious Eizan, Kuga, and Nene.

Nene really just seems weakest or less impressive of the bunch.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I really find this contradicting. How come someone who wasn't strong enough to enter the Elite 10 the normal way could suddenly be higher than the two who was already a member to begin with. No way that Shouko is stronger than Eizan and Momo. She was just made 5th seat to hype up Megishima.