Discussion - What's your thoughts on Grayroad? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion What's your thoughts on Grayroad?

mrcoffeestuff

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
What would you like to say about our mutated gray demon composed of numerous pudgy, dwarf-sized gray demons?

Gut's is the man

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
They have no personalty, underdeveloped compared to their compatriots and seemed to be just a space holder. Nakaba needed ten commandments and he likely had trouble giving personalty to grayroad.

Tragicdeath

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well I never expected her to be a female.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
They have no personalty, underdeveloped compared to their compatriots and seemed to be just a space holder. Nakaba needed ten commandments and he likely had trouble giving personalty to grayroad.
Basically. She's a severely underdeveloped character who was just another notch for the Sins to prove that they're strong.

She's an anomoly of her kind, somewhat like the Sins, imagine if she gained some interest in them and began to research them to see if she can find some reason for why she is the way she is. That would've been a potential, interesting arc for her.

OtakuFreak

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Pretty uninteresting.

Without the pacifism comment I probably would've forgot her contribution to the story lol

Inuhanyou123

Reaction score
Country
United States
its just a mindless conglomeration of grey demons. kinda pointless IMO

ShadowCT6

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I share the same thoughts of you guys: Grayroad is a very underdeveloped character. When I saw him/her for the first time, I thought: "Is this black mass of gray demons one of the Ten Commandments? Looks so pathetic. It has to be really badass to be such thing". And, after that chapter when Meliodas faced the TC, I had started to develop some interest for the Pacifism, specially after that chapter when (s)he faced Merlin. But after that I have been a little bit sad that Nakaba didn't give to him/her more develop. I believe that Grayroad had potential. I doubt (s)he will appear again in the manga with an interesting and influential plot.

Last edited:

Commanderaxe

Reaction score
Country
United States
Just something Nakaba used for Merlin's development. Nothing more, nothing less.

Charon913155

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
A nice familiar for Merlin, if she decides to use her.

LaserBeam

Reaction score
Country
Greece
I share the same thoughts of you guys: Grayroad is a very underdeveloped character. When I saw him/her for the first time, I thought: "Is this black mass of gray demons one of the Ten Commandments? Looks so pathetic. It has to be really badass to be such thing". And, after that chapter when Meliodas faced the TC, I had started to develop some interest for the Pacifism, specially after that chapter when (s)he faced Merlin. But after that I have been a little bit sad that Nakaba didn't give to him/her more develop. I believe that Grayroad had potential. I doubt (s)he will appear again in the manga with an interesting and influential plot.

Wait you confused me.

Are you a anime watcher only or something ? because if you were a manga reader you would knew that after greyroad faced merlin, greyroad is vanished as a character completely.

Atory-wise the only reason why there had been a mentioned of his name was because meliodas took it's commandment later since his commandment was more important that the entire greyroad as a character of the story.

Design wise i liked greyroad a lot.

It looked creepy mass of darkness with demon faces but i was very disappointed that it lost like he was some kind of scrub even the fight of meliodas vs ruin one of those fang group holy knights in the first arc gave meliodas a better fight in total than greyroad did when merlin effortless beats him/her.

ShadowCT6

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Wait you confused me.

Are you a anime watcher only or something ? because if you were a manga reader you would knew that after greyroad faced merlin, greyroad is vanished as a character completely.
I read the manga and I know that Grayroad "vanished as character". I just written that I've been a little bit sad that the Pacifism hadn't received more development and it will hardly receive.

Gladiolus

Reaction score
Country
Spain
She had a cool Eldricth-like design, but, other than that, she only existed to fill a spot into the ranks of the Commandments (and give Merlin something to do). I'm still surprised she is supposed to be female.

mrcoffeestuff

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
She’s like a black flubber with no personality trick or treating. Being the least developed Commandment to have little to no significant stance in the plot except for that one crucial moment. Although considering she was a part of the main antagonistic force at the time one would expect a bit more. It’s unfortunate that the grave influence of this terror was never fully put on display to illustrate the clear advantage of the demon clan and how much deep shit our heroes were really in.

All demons become substantial threats and risks and The Ten commandments will prove to be even more difficult to handle, having a secret weapon to prevent any that have the strength to oppose them from killing them unless they’re willing to give up their life for it. Whereas they can freely kill without invoking the “no-kill” commandment

Find out more:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Honestly, greyroad was arguably one of the more interesting commandments. It's appearance suggested a deep connection to grey demons, possible multiple personalities... which played nicely with the reveal that she is a queen from the lower classes. And then.... That's it. She fought merlin, got trapped in a test tube and then fucked off the plot for good. No further relevance to her being a queen, grey demons and not one of her heads got a shred of development. So in the end greyroad was just a massive disappointment that got unceremoniously removed of the plot.