Discussion - When do you think the series dropped in quality substantially? (I.E Which arc/chapter) | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion When do you think the series dropped in quality substantially? (I.E Which arc/chapter)

OtakuFreak

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Yes for them but not for the one who can draw the true power of The Holy Tree? Hmmm :oh
No, because it was established on early in the series that the Fairy Clan was weaker to the Goddesses/Demons.

King should've been AA tier max. That would still make him top 10/5.

The Holy Tree is a very powerful being).
How powerful though?

Nakaba never decided to actually explore or go into depth regarding this mystical tree, so having one of the main characters draw immense power from it is unfair in every aspect.

If he explored into the tree, sure, maybe King could exceed the sun grace given most powerful Goddess.

MAYBE.

Seven777

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
No, because it was established on early in the series that the Fairy Clan was weaker to the Goddesses/Demons.

King should've been AA tier max. That would still make him top 10/5.

How powerful though?

Nakaba never decided to actually explore or go into depth regarding this mystical tree, so having one of the main characters draw immense power from it is unfair in every aspect.

If he explored into the tree, sure, maybe King could exceed the sun grace given most powerful Goddess.

MAYBE.
Nah, the strongest demons and goddesses are still a fair bit more powerful than what King became, even when only at %50. It makes sense for the strongest fairy to be at least this powerful even if he's from an inferior race. Not that I believe race matters in the slightest, it's all about the individual, and the Sins should be the strongest individuals around.

Besides, the alternative is Mel soloing the DK, there's no need for that.

OtakuFreak

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Nah, the strongest demons and goddesses are still a fair bit more powerful than what King became, even when only at %50. It makes sense for the strongest fairy to be at least this powerful even if he's from an inferior race. Not that I believe race matters in the slightest, it's all about the individual, and the Sins should be the strongest individuals around.

Besides, the alternative is Mel soloing the DK, there's no need for that.
King being on equal footing with the AA tier Goddesses & Demons practically means he's at the top of the list with exception to the ones given a god-given grace/power (mostly Mael).

He shouldn't be as powerful as Noon Mael/Gods IMO.

Orion

Reaction score
Country
United States
Eh, you could argue that Nakaba simply inflated the PL's by too much.

We saw 142k Mel and assumed he was on the higher end of the entire cast besides the Gods and predicted that other demons & Goddesses like the AA/Elizabeth would be around 100k or higher.

Then Nakaba dropped 4C-Mael being 200k and getting fodderized by King... lol

142K Mel should've been where the PL's should've stayed at max (with exceptions to Gods, Sun Esca/Mael)
Yep, 142K Mel should've been his full power. Now we just have statements and other character feats that his actual prime power far surpassed that. With full counter he could wreck the goddesses anyway even if they have a higher power levels.

Mael has been called the hope and special by so many people that it would make sense he has the highest power level excluding gods.

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
King being on equal footing with the AA tier Goddesses & Demons practically means he's at the top of the list with exception to the ones given a god-given grace/power (mostly Mael).

He shouldn't be as powerful as Noon Mael/Gods IMO.
The fact that the strongest members of the top 2 races are classified as gods is to me, all the more reason King should be this powerful or even stronger. He's the most powerful fairy in history, he's the DK/SD of his race. No being in Britannia should even be comparable to him, other than the greatest members of other clans imo. So I personally am happy that the AA and highest ranked demons are fodder to him.

Fairies in the Arthurian legend are supposed to be the most mystical and powerful beings around anyway. Now I don't put much stock in race over the individual, but I'd be happy if a fairy eventually surpassed the gods, they should never have been made weaker than demons and goddesses.

afromarco005

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
After mael reveal.

afromarco005

Reaction score
Country
France
Yes for them but not for the one who can draw the true power of The Holy Tree? Hmmm :oh
The Fairy King/Queen should be also an exception (not refering only to King, maybe the next one or the one two generations later could be even more powerful than Harlequin, you never know, The Holy Tree is a very powerful being).
Yet it was cut effortlessly by fodder tier albion.

Redworld96

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Yet it was cut effortlessly by fodder tier albion.
That was the tree of the Fairy King's Forest, not The Holy Tree. The Holy Tree is who gave live to King and Elaine and it lives in the Fairy Realm. The tree of the forest it's a portal between the two realms, and it's connected to the HT.

bakublade

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
I do think that the quality started to really drop around chapter 291. I wanted to stress that I think the series should already be over because the quality dropped even more during and after the "epilogue" chapters. I think it would have been better if the manga had a better epilogue after the first demon king fight, that is not titled "epilogue", and then ended.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
It got sloppy damn near immediately after the first arc finished.

Introduction of power levels was a hint of things to come, though I was willing to roll with it as they can work if they follow the rules set up.

Diane losing her memories was next. I liked that she remembered Harlequin and would've liked to see them develop earlier, but again, was willing to roll with it if something interesting was done. Nothing was.

Then came King and Mel's contrived conflict. I agreed with King's perspective, but the jump to suspicion wasn't well done and made King come across as an ass despite him being rightfully wary.

Then, between the conclusion of Vaizel 2 and the Liones Defense arc, it just kept crapping the bed until it couldn't recover. It was no longer the tightly written Shounen I fell in love with.

Strawberry Jews

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
England
TBH, i think the series had some problems from the very beginning, but the comparatively smaller scale of events hid them well. That and the first arcs were just plain enjoyable, and the pros vastly outweighted the cons. As the story progressed those problems only got more grating and transparent, and yeah just plain worse. A snowball effect, if you will.

I still remember when Nakaba introduced PL and i just let out the biggest internal and external groan. Like why would you even do that. Who needs that. Especially when the main group is more focused on cool hax powers (or at least it used to be, back then) which can't be easily measured unlike, i dunno, powerpunching.
I dare you to give me a single instance in NNT when those funky categories in PLs actually mattered and the PL overall served a good narrative purpose except for being a lazy exposition tool (like instead of thinking of more cool powers and their clever usage we get "this is The Dude. He got PL of 70 000, so, um, therefore He Strong, and so He Punch Hard, and He Fast, good luck")
I swear to god the PLs exist solely to annoy the fans and inspire heated debates on online forums.

The moment when the series got bad (but not hopeless by any means) for me was somewhere around when Mel and Escanor were playing whack-a-mole with the Ten Commandments as the moles
It's just been a slippery slope from there with a couple of rays of hope in between

LaserBeam

Reaction score
Country
Greece
I can't wait for nakaba to bring them back like they are about to do some baller shit, then don't and sit back saying "leave it up to the seven deadly sins, they beat the demon king now have faith in their friendship again!" and watch out of panel for about 10-26 chapters
Sounds like something nakaba can totally do because that is the lvl of writing we are talking about.

I watched a youtube video with few editors explaining/highlighting the red flags (the mistakes someone should not to in order to get his book published) and i noticed all those red flags they said that authors shouldn't do, nakaba does them all the time.

Lmao!!!!! How this man even got his work published? Like how low the standards are for someone's work to be published in kodasha?

Samael Morningstar

Reaction score
Country
India
Sounds like something nakaba can totally do because that is the lvl of writing we are talking about.

I watched a youtube video with few editors explaining/highlighting the red flags (the mistakes someone should not to in order to get his book published) and i noticed all those red flags she said that authors shouldn't do, nakaba does them all the time.

Lmao!!!!! How this man eve n got his work published? Like how low the standards are for someone's work to be published in kodasha?
Link of that video please

Bebo

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Macedonia

I watched a youtube video with few editors explaining/highlighting the red flags (the mistakes someone should not to in order to get his book published) and i noticed all those red flags they said that authors shouldn't do, nakaba does them all the time.

Lmao!!!!! How this man even got his work published? Like how low the standards are for someone's work to be published in kodasha?
Because NNT did amazing during it's first arc, got them a bunch of cash.

Samael Morningstar

Reaction score
Country
India
Because NNT did amazing during it's first arc, got them a bunch of cash.
they still milking him, when the manga could have ended 30 chapters before, the sales have decreased from their prime time yes but the sales still go above 300k+ copies which is why they're still letting it run.

LaserBeam

Reaction score
Country
Greece
they still milking him, when the manga could have ended 30 chapters before, the sales have decreased from their prime time yes but the sales still go above 300k+ copies which is why they're still letting it run.
300k sales with the anime still running and during season1 time he had like 900k and 1million sales it shows how much of a steam it lost because of nakaba's writing mistakes.

The way i see it he would definetely do 10 more volumes like the dude keeps introducing new plot points out of the ass.

Last edited:

XXGenesis

Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
300k sales with the anime still running and during season1 time he had like 900k and 1million sales it shows how much of a steam it lost because of nakaba's writing mistakes.

The way i see it he would definetely do 10 more volumes like the dude keeps introducing new plot points out of the ass.
I saw "Plot points" and asked what plot? Then I finished the sentence, definitely pulls stuff from his ass and just smacks in in together with the rest of the shit plot points.

Problems started early on in the series but got really bad mid way, when certain plot points just became irrelavent... and you begin to realize how stupid most of the story is as a larger picture

Samael Morningstar

Reaction score
Country
India

Actually right, cause the plot on which the story of NNT was made is arthurian legends but suddenly an dude from outer space comes out of Noah who wasn't even there in the arthurian legends.

sobreno

Reaction score
Country
Djibouti
I noticed that the manga dropped in quality at the start of the Holy War.

Then the Jobber King arc was the ice of the cake.

Then the Chaos that drive the plot further into chaos and I don't know what going on anymore.