Question - Where to find RAW Mangas? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Question Where to find RAW Mangas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

YumaKuga

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
I was woundering where to find RAW mangas to translate. Im really wanting to Find RAW Neon Genesis Evangelion chapters.

Utsune

風立ちぬ いざ生きめやも
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
For hard copies, you can try sites such as Amazon. You want to make sure they ship to your place first.
But if you have a Kindle, or if you have a Kindle app on your phone or computer (which is free,) you may be able to buy a digital copy for your device. I think they even let you sample the first few pages of the product first, you could use that to make sure the digital copy works fine. You can check out the first volume here.

Leoat12

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
You may have problems of country restriction if you don't have a Japanese address and/or don't want to change the country of your Amazon account. An alternative to this problem is Bookwalker although it still has some restrictions with some publishers such as Kodansha.

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Recently I have been buying some LNs and merchandises from Yahoo Auction, so if you're looking for rare manga or stuff that might not be available in e-shop anymore, that's a good place to seek it.

If your place have nearby Japanese bookstore e.g., Kinokuniya, usually they are able to receive book indent as long as you can provide ISBN numbers.

Leoat12

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Recently I have been buying some LNs and merchandises from Yahoo Auction, so if you're looking for rare manga or stuff that might not be available in e-shop anymore, that's a good place to seek it.
Is it safe?
I found there a manga I really wanted to buy with a very cheap price. *-*
Have you ever used this site: http://buyee.jp/?

Last edited:

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Is it safe?
I found there a manga I really wanted to buy with a very cheap price. *-*
Have you ever used this site: http://buyee.jp/?
I cannot guarantee that it's 100% safe, since in every auction site there's always a chance you find dishonest sellers and overpriced goods. However, I can attest from my personal experience that it's generally safe. Keep in mind that some buyers also do not want to ship the goods internationally, so that might be a problem as well if you don't have Japanese address or proxies.

Nope, I haven't.

Leoat12

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I cannot guarantee that it's 100% safe, since in every auction site there's always a chance you find dishonest sellers and overpriced goods. However, I can attest from my personal experience that it's generally safe. Keep in mind that some buyers also do not want to ship the goods internationally, so that might be a problem as well if you don't have Japanese address or proxies.

Nope, I haven't.
Yeah, I am aware of this fact... I always verify the reliability of the seller in these cases...
Buyee is a proxy and it seems safe since Yahoo Auction is advertising it itself... I'm gonna use it in the future when I buy something...
It is really convenient to find old series...

mikkih

Translator/Moderator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.