Question - Where to get a cheap art table? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Question Where to get a cheap art table?

fgopl

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, I'm planning on starting my own manga series. All the characters and storyline are planned out, but there's one thing I'm missing - an art table. In Scott McCloud's "Making Comics!," I learned that an art table's slant is perfect for preventing distortion in pictures and helps to make everything straight. So I've looked online, and every art table is 100+ USD. My question is, does anybody know where to get a cheap art table? And if you can't think of a place, do you know of any good alternatives to an art table that would provide the effect I desire?

DoctorApollo

Artist
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Israel
I'm going to go ahead and say that an art table is a very small problem as far as making comics goes. If you're THAT bothered about it and can't afford it, you could create a slope with any household object that can act as a board. I mean, slanted surfaces are really not that hard to create.

I say you should forget about an art table because it's silly to have this insignificant thing stopping you. You can obviously get one if you want it and I don't seny that t helps, I just don't think you should be concerned about your lack of it. At least not for now. Your only concern now should be drawing, a LOT.